Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Songs you like from your birth year?

DubWolf

(edited)
4 hours ago, Moonydrop said:

Good to see so many 90s foals in this thread. :eager:

My birth year had a lot of good songs, kinda hard to pick a favorite but I’ve always loved this one, it’s a classic:

That's a really nice pic :) .

This definitely sounds like a 90s song, but, intuitively, those early 90s songs still had some 80s feel to them.

More of my year. GOSH freaking Black Hole Sun was 1994?!?

Other faves I never realized were of that year listed here:

Beck: "Loser"

Stone Temple Pilots: Interstate Love Song"

"Waterfalls" :eager: yasssss

Green Day: "Basket Case"

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, WWolf said:

That's a really nice pic :) .

This definitely sounds like a 90s song, but, intuitively, those early 90s songs still had some 80s feel to them.

Thanks!

I actually assumed that it was an 80s song for most of my life until I stumbled across it on a list of hit songs from my birth year while doing research for this thread! :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Moonydrop said:

Thanks!

I actually assumed that it was an 80s song for most of my life until I stumbled across it on a list of hit songs from my birth year while doing research for this thread! :ButtercupLaugh:

Yeah like I said, those early 90s songs still have that 80s vibe to them.

This one ain't from my birth year (it IS from yours though). Definitely does have that techno feel to it a lot of 80s songs have, but, it was released right in 1990. I guess you can say it was "born" in the 80s, released in the 90s.

1 minute ago, WWolf said:

Yeah like I said, those early 90s songs still have that 80s vibe to them.

This one ain't from my birth year (it IS from yours though). Definitely does have that techno feel to it a lot of 80s songs have, but, it was released right in 1990. I guess you can say it was "born" in the 80s, released in the 90s.

It’s interesting that you brought up Depeche Mode, because that’s one of my older sister’s favorite bands. She’s an 80s kid, born a full decade before me. Everybody used to say that my parents raised “two sets of kids” because my older sisters were born in the 80s and my younger brother and I were born in the 90s! 

9 minutes ago, Moonydrop said:

It’s interesting that you brought up Depeche Mode, because that’s one of my older sister’s favorite bands. She’s an 80s kid, born a full decade before me. Everybody used to say that my parents raised “two sets of kids” because my older sisters were born in the 80s and my younger brother and I were born in the 90s! 

Yeah it be that way. My younger brother -4 years seems like a millenial (barely didnt' make it tho), but my -6 years younger brother (2000) definitely feels like a gen Z kid :ButtercupLaugh:!

They have a few good songs :nom: . I don't always listen to everything of a particular artist. Sometimes its just 1 song.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are tons of Great songs in pop culture from 1997, 
but ultimately one of my favorites to come out of that time period is one that's more popular now than then. 
"Flim" By Aphex Twin. 
This song conveys so much emotions in me

On 2022-07-14 at 3:09 PM, Moonydrop said:

Good to see so many 90s foals in this thread. :eager:

My birth year had a lot of good songs, kinda hard to pick a favorite but I’ve always loved this one, it’s a classic:

good pick! Too bad I was 7 years late to that one heh

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
(edited)

Oooh so Mariah Carey's (emphasis on Mariah Carey) "All I Want for Christmas is You" is from 1994 :yay: !

Edited by DubWolf
  • Brohoof 1

I want it that way by the Backstreet Boys, All Star by Smash mouth, Hit me baby one more time by Britney Spears. Not even going to count the albums I like from that year, there’d be too many. 1999 was a damn good year for music.

• Brohoof 1
  • Party! 1

I was only 3 months old when this song came out! I had no idea so many of the songs I love so much today were from 2001. What a year!

I actually discovered them all through MTV, Radio and early youtube (The old days of Movie maker blue text). So it's genuinely a coincidence that so many songs I like are from my birth year.