Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Simon - 2.0

Simon

Spoiler

2 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Would you consider the "Ask A Pony" thread?  

2 hours ago, Simon said:

You gotta scavenger hunt for my seven year old one :laugh:

Okay, okay @ZiggWheelsManning - I'll be nice and make a new one ;)

As requested, a new Ask a Pony thread for me :3 I did have one of these circa 2015, but I have decided I don't need to make Zigg search for it...

Anywho - for those of you who don't know me yet, howdy :3 I was a staffer with many different hats back from like 2014ish to 2016ish and then I poofed for close to a decade and now I am here ready to answer your questions. I promise I don't bite.

For those of you that already know me...

Spoiler

OKAY I DON'T BITE ANYMORE I PROMISE, JUST DON'T TELL THE NEW PEOPLE.  NOW ASK YOUR QUESTION. :angry:

:yay:

• Brohoof 3

• The title was changed to Ask Simon - 2.0

1.  Do you watch NFL games?  

2.  Are you a fan of the Houston Texans?  

3.  Do you hate the Pittsburgh Steelers?  

4.  Did you ever watch Super Bowl LI?  (where the Atlanta Falcons committed The Choke):(  

5.  Do you watch MLB games?  

6.  What are your thoughts on Aaron Rodgers now being traded to the New York Jets?  

@ZiggWheelsManning I'll start with answering all of your questions at once with this........ Hockey <3

18 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

1.  Do you watch NFL games?  

Not in ages and barely ever when I did. I grew up in Las Vegas before they had any pro teams with a Michigan-rooted family so anything other than hockey has always been too depressing to get into <3

If the Lions ever get into the Superbowl tho I'll be watching.

2.  Are you a fan of the Houston Texans?  

Dallas <3

3.  Do you hate the Pittsburgh Steelers?  

I'll hate the Steelers for you if you'll hate the Penguins for me <3

4.  Did you ever watch Super Bowl LI? 

Nope :yay:

5.  Do you watch MLB games?  

Well I'm batting 0 for 5 if that's close.

6.  What are your thoughts on Aaron Rodgers now being traded to the New York Jets?  

Gonna spoiler my comments on this just because of the length and extent of my emotions on the subject...

Spoiler

I'm sure he's a nice gentleman with a wonderful future ahead... or screw him. One of the two.

Not in ages and barely ever when I did. I grew up in Las Vegas before they had any pro teams with a Michigan-rooted family so anything other than hockey has always been too depressing to get into <3

Funny, Tom Brady played college football as a Michigan Wolverine  

1.  What do you think of the Kansas City Chiefs?  Whom are now a Super Bowl Dynasty.  

2.  Anything cool happening in the NBA?  

3.  Did you know that 2 Canadian NHL teams originally started in Atlanta?  

6 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

1.  What do you think of the Kansas City Chiefs?  Whom are now a Super Bowl Dynasty.  

^_^

8 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

2.  Anything cool happening in the NBA?  

Honestly, I barely follow any sports but basketball is probably the one sport I actually dislike watching. I think it's wayyyyyy to high scoring of a game so it's mostly just watching people run back and forth and squeak their shoes for hours and hours. Other than watching the last few minutes in the occasionally very close game it's just too boring to me for some reason, but to each their own.

11 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

3.  Did you know that 2 Canadian NHL teams originally started in Atlanta?  

YES. I actually knew this one <3 I remember the Jets return - that was a little after I finished high school so like 2010 / 2011ish? Maybe? I do loosely remember them mentioning its the second team in Atlanta to have moved to Canada but I have no clue who it was.

YES. I actually knew this one <3 I remember the Jets return - that was a little after I finished high school so like 2010 / 2011ish? Maybe? I do loosely remember them mentioning its the second team in Atlanta to have moved to Canada but I have no clue who it was.

It was the Calgary Flames.  

1.  Do you listen to Tool?  

2.  You into Star Wars games?  

3.  What do you think of Scootaloo's family and her wings?  

4.  You have a favorite version of "Fly Like an Eagle"?  

5.  Anything on Power Rangers in Space?  

14 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

1.  Do you listen to Tool?  

I'll be real - my wife has the Spotify control. I haven't the foggiest clue who I listen to.

14 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

2.  You into Star Wars games?  

Star Trek > Star Wars

Haven't played any of the games for either though... in fairness I am pretty sure the Star Wars games are a lot better than what's been released for Star Trek over the years :P

17 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

4.  You have a favorite version of "Fly Like an Eagle"?  

Notwithstanding my previous comments about basketball... Space Jam <3

17 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

5.  Anything on Power Rangers in Space?  

Nope! Sorry :3

8 minutes ago, Princess Silky said:

How did you earn your title "The Killjoy." :toldya:

It's one of those opposite nicknames... you know how you call a tall guy shorty or something? Because I definitely, absolutely have never been the person who comes in and ruins someone's fun... honest.

Honestly, it's a title that predates MLP Forums entirely.

Back in.... GOSH - I can't even believe I am this old... back literally over a decade ago - circa 2011-2013... I used to moderate and later run a forum for the like maybe 20 people at any given point in time who were super big fans of Alvin and the Chipmunks... (I kid - it was a decently active little community)

Spoiler

wierdchililogo.png.a96d01b7a9c3247d0a1468907de6989e.png

Anywho, while I was there I earned the name Simon and the title "The Killjoy" because I was maybe possibly a bit... by the book? ^^

A few of my friends from that community are the ones who got me into watching MLP and one or two of them also held various staff positions here over the years when I was on staff, and so the title eventually found its way over.

• Brohoof 1

I know you like tea already, but what would be your fav blend?

and of course for how long have you been using this incredibly adorable Fluttershy avatar ? :squee:

1 hour ago, Astral Soul said:

I know you like tea already, but what would be your fav blend?

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.

1 hour ago, Astral Soul said:

and of course for how long have you been using this incredibly adorable Fluttershy avatar ? :squee:

About 9 years :P When It Ain't Easy Being Breezies came out in 2014, I absolutely fell in love with that outfit. There was a charity stream not long after where I donated and got a commission and so I of course had to have a Fluttershy pic in that outfit:

Spoiler

flutterhat.thumb.png.e1cdbc50893f6acf8ef19d7d9f8f601d.png

She became my icon and it's been that picture ever since. That specific Fluttershy outfit became a bit synonymous with me back in my early days. It even got asked about all the way back in 2014 when I did an interview for the old Poniverse newsletter:

https://poniverse.net/newsletter/5

In fact, I purchased a plush from a certain plushy artist (who I'd later start dating and then marry) as part of an early year of MCM in an auction :3

Spoiler

flutterhatplush.thumb.png.e20df6d6718e48c25ca074e0a0f389fd.png

I may have also cosplayed as her at BABSCon in like 2015 at a Poniverse panel because of MCM but you can find your own photos of that.

Point is... I like Fluttershy in her breezies outfit. <3

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, trotshuffle said:

What do you mean exactly wiht the biting thing and to not tell new people???

Absolutely nothing at all. <3 :squee:

Somebody told me this joke and I don't get it. Maybe you can explain it to me?

It goes: So! A killjoy and a floofy tyrant walk into a bar.... :ooh:

*guffaw* Just kidding! :laugh:

What's the best gift you've ever received?! 

Also, have you met @Skylight Scintillate? The princess of adorableness?™
Skylight, this is Simon. Try not to hit him with your 10000000 questions, oki? *holds Skylight like a machine gun*

12 minutes ago, Princess Silky said:

What's the best gift you've ever received?! 

What about a gift I haven't quite received yet, but expect to... <3

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e6d7e12df5584fbb2b6e9ed3f7b467ee.png

12 minutes ago, Princess Silky said:

Skylight, this is Simon. Try not to hit him with your 10000000 questions, oki? *holds Skylight like a machine gun*

I'm ready. I think. o_o

1 minute ago, Simon said:

What about a gift I haven't quite received yet, but expect to... <3

Reveal hidden contents

I'm ready. I think. o_o

AWWWWWWW

18 hours ago, Simon said:

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.

About 9 years :P When It Ain't Easy Being Breezies came out in 2014, I absolutely fell in love with that outfit. There was a charity stream not long after where I donated and got a commission and so I of course had to have a Fluttershy pic in that outfit:

Hide contents

flutterhat.thumb.png.e1cdbc50893f6acf8ef19d7d9f8f601d.png

She became my icon and it's been that picture ever since. That specific Fluttershy outfit became a bit synonymous with me back in my early days. It even got asked about all the way back in 2014 when I did an interview for the old Poniverse newsletter:

https://poniverse.net/newsletter/5

In fact, I purchased a plush from a certain plushy artist (who I'd later start dating and then marry) as part of an early year of MCM in an auction :3

Hide contents

flutterhatplush.thumb.png.e20df6d6718e48c25ca074e0a0f389fd.png

I may have also cosplayed as her at BABSCon in like 2015 at a Poniverse panel because of MCM but you can find your own photos of that.

Point is... I like Fluttershy in her breezies outfit. <3

oh my gosh! 

Are you also a Trek fan?

I see. That is indeed a very adorable outfit. I can understand you falling in love with it

Oh I need to read that newsletter

Oookay that is the cutest way to find someone ♥ belated Congratulations!

Don't tempt me >:D

I can understand that very well :3

4 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

So why is your favorite pony Fluttershy?

I'm a sucker for the sweet, quiet type <3

I think if I had to identify one thing I really love about Fluttershy though, it's her passion. I think that's maybe a bit of an unexpected answer, but I'll explain. I think it's apparent how much Fluttershy struggles with anxiety. She struggles to put herself out there, to stand up for herself... she has a lot of flaws. Through all of that, we also see one thing consistently - when something she is passionate about is at play - her animals, her friends, etc - she's the first one to stand up for someone or something else that she believes in. I love that. I love her self sacrifice and her ability to push through situations that are extraordinarily difficult for her to protect those around her. I think that's who I aspire to be and the type of person I aspire to be around and so she holds an extraordinarily strong place in my heart for it.

15 minutes ago, Astral Soul said:

Are you also a Trek fan?

Guilty as charged <3

Honestly, the only reason I think I ever watched an episode of MLP to begin with was being told by a friend of mine that John de Lancie basically played Q in it. I came for the draconequus and stayed for the ponies :P

18 minutes ago, Astral Soul said:

Oookay that is the cutest way to find someone ♥ belated Congratulations!

^^

18 minutes ago, Astral Soul said:

Don't tempt me >:D

:sealed:

• Brohoof 1