Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite tea ?

Hadrien

My favorite tea is Earl Grey, with a touch of sugar, a bit of milk and, for added flavor, just a tiny amount of vanilla.

In colder weather, when I want to heat myself up, nothing beats a Chaï too.

Edited by Hadrien
  • Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to What is your favorite tea ?

I absolutely LOVE making my very own teas! Have you tried it? I have a garden with lavenders and berries and you can pick them to make some loose leaf teas of your own!

But when I'm sick and not feeling the best, @Hugs SilkALot taught me how to mix mint and chamomile for a healing potion to soothe the belly when you're not able to eat much for whatever ales you!

Teas, to me, are like nature's real life potions. So this is a fun thread! I also enjoy some lovely High Tea time. I was going to make a page called Victorian Tea -- even though it'll be nothing about tea -- hahaha but topics about stuffs I'd like us to discuss around a table of tea! Maybe this thread can go in there, anyway. :twi:  We shall see.
Either way, welcome to our little tea cottage!

EARL GREY HAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL FLORAL SCENT -- omg, one of my faves, I may go make myself a cup now <3 

I have a few to list here!

1. Earl Grey, just like @Silky the little magus <3 You can never go wrong with it :3 

2. Rooibos tea - a bit unusual one, but I've found it a good way to boost my diet and lower my appetite :fluttershy:

3. Mint and chamomile - potion of my own making (that likely many did before, but we don't talk about that :please: ) that works wonder during any belly-related discomforts. 

4. All sorts of winter spiced teas due to their amazing warming effects :3 

But overall tea is a wonderful drink, especially for cold, winter days <3 Makes one forget how cold it is outside, instead being soothed by tea's gentle warmth :3 

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Hugs SilkALot said:

2. Rooibos tea - a bit unusual one, but I've found it a good way to boost my diet and lower my appetite :fluttershy:

omg I just saw this while googling all kinds of tea -- I NEED TO TRY IT!!!! You recommended it to me back in Germany!!

1. Yunnan Black Tea, those tea plants grown very close to Assam in India, but with a slightly different flavour from Assamese tea.

2. Old Tree Black Tea, that kind of tea is plucked from wild tea plants. Most of those trees grew 200 years ago and some are even 800 years old. Because they are wild tea trees, the flavour of the tea is different every year. This tea is very special and rare, and also very tasty!

1 hour ago, Props Valroa said:

Huckleberry tea with added huckleberry honey is my favorite. 

Sounds delicious. 

1 hour ago, Silky the little magus said:

I absolutely LOVE making my very own teas! Have you tried it?

I have made infusions from scratch, mostly for stomach ache, digestion, nausea and other ailments. Never just for the taste, unless you count that one time I tried to make Chaï :mlp_gag:

1 hour ago, Hugs SilkALot said:

For some reason, I cannot stand the taste of Rooibos. There's something in there that doesn't work for my taste buds unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Hugs SilkALot said:

3. Mint and chamomile - potion of my own making (that likely many did before, but we don't talk about that :please: ) that works wonder during any belly-related discomforts. 

Chamomile is my go to whenever I can't sleep. Either that or warm milk and honey.

20 minutes ago, Felis Amafeles said:

1. Yunnan Black Tea, those tea plants grown very close to Assam in India, but with a slightly different flavour from Assamese tea.

2. Old Tree Black Tea, that kind of tea is plucked from wild tea plants. Most of those trees grew 200 years ago and some are even 800 years old. Because they are wild tea trees, the flavour of the tea is different every year. This tea is very special and rare, and also very tasty!

How very exotic. How's the taste compared to other black tea ? Is as strong, or more so ?

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Hadrien said:

How very exotic. How's the taste compared to other black tea ? Is as strong, or more so ?

Yunnan black tea just like Assam tea with a stronger flavour.

The Old Tree Black tea is very strong that only a small amount of tea leaves are needed to make a large cup of tea. You can feel the smell of the forest in the tea.

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

For me, I'd say I really like a nice boba tea. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a milk tea, and other times, I prefer fruit tea. It seems like all the boba tea shops are inventing new flavors every week, but here are a few of my favorites: berry blend fruit tea, mango passion fruit tea, peach fruit tea, taro milk tea, and tiger milk tea.

I know my tea preferences are significantly different from the other replies here, being cold and sweet rather than hot, but I like my teas being ridiculously sweet. However, I like the occasional hot tea, and for that, I like jasmine green tea.

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, robbie . said:

wahh thats so cool !!! is it sweet at all?

It depends on how sweet you want it. Usually you sweeten it with honey, but we prefered maple syrup. With ginger, cinnamon and just a bit of lemon. It's really, really good. It warms you in your soul. :mlp_bedeyes:

6 minutes ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

For me, I'd say I really like a nice boba tea. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a milk tea, and other times, I prefer fruit tea.

My go to boba is brown sugar milk tea, sooooo good especially during summer. But here, the temperatures are dropping so it's time for hot tea :laugh:

• Delighted Giggle 1

5 hours ago, Hadrien said:

It depends on how sweet you want it. Usually you sweeten it with honey, but we prefered maple syrup. With ginger, cinnamon and just a bit of lemon. It's really, really good. It warms you in your soul.

Looks great, I'll have to try it when I get a chance!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Felis Amafeles said:

Looks great, I'll have to try it when I get a chance!

You should its very easy to make. Just boil apple skin with the spices and sweeten as you like. It's so fool proof, even I can do it hahaha:mlp_yeehaa:

Edited by Hadrien
  • Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

On 2023-10-11 at 7:00 AM, Hadrien said:

You should its very easy to make. Just boil apple skin with the spices and sweeten as you like. It's so fool proof, even I can do it hahaha:mlp_yeehaa:

While I'd still possibly find a way to burn my house down by making it myself this does sound really good. I just looked online and saw some companies have Apple tea. It probably won't taste as good as it would if it were home made but I definitely plan to try it.

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Clawdeen said:

While I'd still possibly find a way to burn my house down by making it myself this does sound really good. I just looked online and saw some companies have Apple tea. It probably won't taste as good as it would if it were home made but I definitely plan to try it.

Again, anything apple related and I'm your guy. :mellow: But you should really try it for yourself, it's reaaaaaaaally simple I swear hahaha.

• Brohoof 2

On 2023-10-10 at 10:38 PM, Skylight Scintillate said:

For me, I'd say I really like a nice boba tea. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a milk tea, and other times, I prefer fruit tea. It seems like all the boba tea shops are inventing new flavors every week, but here are a few of my favorites: berry blend fruit tea, mango passion fruit tea, peach fruit tea, taro milk tea, and tiger milk tea.

I know my tea preferences are significantly different from the other replies here, being cold and sweet rather than hot, but I like my teas being ridiculously sweet. However, I like the occasional hot tea, and for that, I like jasmine green tea.

I love Boba tea. There's a really good peach boba tea that one of the nearby places around here makes.

Moments ago, Hadrien said:

Again, anything apple related and I'm your guy. :mellow: But you should really try it for yourself, it's reaaaaaaaally simple I swear hahaha.

I don't trust myself enough to make it myself lol I've destroyed two microwaves in my lifetime. 

• Shocked 1
  • Leaves 1