Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Introduction!

donutmasterjoe

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Rarity

How did you find MLP Forums?

Since the death of ponychan I searched for "pony forum" on google in search of pony related boards

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

A cartoon archive channel I was subscribed of starting posting FiM episodes, and I couldn't care less until they have been posting much more than other cartoons, all way down to the 5th season. I remembered I used to watch some episodes and like when I was younger, but I've always been afraid to actually start liking it, because of the bronies and because I always have been bullied in school and didn't wanted to have more reasons, so last time I watched a full episode was in 2017 when youtube recommended me the too many pinkies episode, and I was wondering "why so many adult men like this?" as a petty teenager. Even if I enjoyed the episode, I still didn't understand and refused to watch more, even deleting it from my history. But then that channel come uploading in 2023 and back then I was watching 2012 Littlest Pet Shop cartoon for the sake of nostalgia, so I gave FiM a shot. I was more like watching ironically and "just one season" mindset. And I am a grown up now, so I could pay more attention to details and try to understand why it was so popular. Well, I definitely dug up in the firsts two episodes, and despite understanding it is meant to be for kids, I enjoyed so much the writing and backstory surrounding it because it just catch me in a way I couldn't explain back then.
After watching a couple more, like the Applebuck Season episode, I was more than shocked because this episode screamed many teens and adults problems, to the point I sended it to my adult best friend because it was literally him back in high school days: carrying everyone deeds despite being tired but still managed to do everything by himself, so he could cover for our group...and me. I always cared for him and despise the fact he would prefer to take others work and do by himself for a full whole night. I'm sure he understand it, despite just replying how fun the episode was, but shut about why I send it to him in the first place. Of course I'm not an angel and already throw homework to him so he could 'help' me with it, but I realized I had to help him with what I could too. After all, we were both friends, not just "my" friend. And FiM helped me realize that later on.
Anyway, the more I watched, the more I got into it, not only the episodes stories and how the characters where treated, but also how interesting the world was and became to be along the seasons. Coming near the end of the first season, many episodes made me realize how my relationship is with that friend, and how important he is to me, and how friendship changed me, not for the absolute best, but it did in a way that turned me around 180. And MLP changed me, too. Going to the Grand Galloping Gala episode, my head was totally in blank while watching, as if I was a kid again, and noticed...how happy and cheerful I became when that music started to the end. Truly, this episode is what made me realize how great this show actually was. I was cheering inside for every single character pursue their goals and dreams for that day, but the point was, everything they dreamed was just thrown away to the harsh reality they had to deal with, full of imperfections. It's not really that amazing meaning, but at least for me was enough. Because it was just like with me. That feeling and how things come out to be, of course I understand very well about it, too much to be precise. And I can't forget this episode was the introduction of the donut master Joe, the love of my life.
When the episode ended, I couldn't handle not going straight to the next season, and of course, already in season 3 I knew I won't go back and leave this. I was more than hooked, I was in love with everything the show had, and each episode a mane six protagonized I just couldn't fall more and more in love with these characters, and how charismatic they are. Soon I turned to openly liking MLP, more because back then and now I couldn't care more to say the things I like, but, still, I was afraid to be too much into it to the point I could be seen as a brony. Yeah, I still was afraid of the term. But just happened in this year of 2024 that I came out as a brony, and I don't mind the term anymore. I truly love MLP: FiM and I'm more than glad that the show helped me cope with personal issues, because escapism was hard in this, and be open about my tastes, and how MLP actually helped me pursuing my dreams. You see, I didn't draw for real or with pleasure for years. I truly believed I lost this passion I had growing with me for so long, but one day this year while I was rewatching the first seasons, popped up in my mind if I search for "how to draw a pony" something will shown up, and it did of course, I watched the first video of years ago and followed it, following some differences in the drawing I was aware of (because I wanted to draw a stallion) and draw my first OC, or ponysona, which came out as great as I imagined to be, simply because it was my first time drawing a pony and using this art style. This made me happy inside, truly. Even thinking that could be, like, just a reference for online purposes, not only I kept drawing more ponies (or stallions), I'm officially back to drawing! Because of ponies! I couldn't believe it, but I can believe it now and I do. I didn't shred tears, I'm second manliest brony I know (kidding, please don't kill me), but still, I felt the joy inside me for really doing it for real after so many years. That's when I realized: "That's it. I'm officially a brony now."

I have to mention too, despite I never really stop to write, I had been having struggles to write as well in the past few months, the only passion I'd never let it go, no matter how much struggle I'm having. MLP helped let out my deepest feelings by joining this world I love so much in literacy. This was also too insane to realize. Okay, so what else this show can do? Find the perfect guy to me? ...oh, wait. Yeah. Joe. Lol

Now I'm here, and in some other ponyplaces too. Watching all seasons again, enjoying watching what I missed, drawing time to time, and my youtube is full of pony to the point I can't undo that easily. Altough even my family is aware of my little obsession, still I'm glad to accept and being part of this now. It's not the golden age to be a brony, I'm aware, but I'll enjoy my time for the past whoever many years to come. 
That was JoeL, and thanks for joining to my cringe PonyTalk.

Brohoof, ponies! /)

Hey everypony, this is the Donut Master JoeLeo, or JoeL, or simply Joel. I'm a writer stallion that is secretely in love with the pony Joe, and I'm glad to announce my coming to this forum! :proud:
As I said before, I'm a writer, so I enjoy writing, and I have a newly created fimfiction account, if you'd like to check it out (no minors please). I also enjoy music, know some of coding/programming games, and I'm back to drawing recently. And mostly important, I enjoy BIG and BUFF stallions :mellow: which you'll probably find in my upcoming drawings.

Anyway, I'm a newly accepted brony so I hope to have a nice stay here, and meet nice people along my journey in this community. I'm also trying to save money now because I'm planning to go to HarmonyCon (or any other con avaible) one day, since I'm no more ashamed to say I'm a brony, and I want to have fun with people from this community :lookup: and, oh yeah, planning to create some custom ponies figures, so any help is appreciated!

That's it. C'mere, brohoof! /)

• Brohoof 10
  • smile 1

That was a long introduction! I like it, it has some similarities with how I became a brony, so good that you gave a chance to the show years after, it's never too late!, Never saw someone who likes Donut Joe so much, that is special, he was a interesting minor character ^_^ hope to see some of your art! Welcome to the forums! You'll love this world! :eager:

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

Welcome donutmasterjoe! I hope you're going to have a lot of fun here! :eager:

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1

Hello and welcome!

I agree, Im sure you will find some new pony friends here very quickly :>

Brohoof back

Brohoof2.png

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1

Hi and welcome to the forums new friend! I hope in the future I can have some of those delicious doughnuts Master JoeLeo ^_^

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1