Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Big Brother's Getting Married...

Frankenbrony

And I have to make a speech as best man. Naturally, I am having a hard time resisting the temptation to add in references to ponies, and the Season 2 finale specifically. Anybody have suggestions?

So far, I have:

(1) Refer to him as my BBBFF at least once

(2) Say something like "It looks like it will be a happy marriage, unless the bride turns out to be a changeling"

(3) Start out by saying "good evening everypony" and see if anyone notices (phillies and gentlecolts would be a little too obvious)

(4) Mention something about the elements of harmony in the context of a happy marriage

Ironically, the wedding is taking place at a horse farm, by the way. That ought to aid in the pony puns.

If he's not a brony I would suggest not doing this.

It may seem fun to you, but I'm sure you won't be a ponymaniac your entire life

and your speech will be apart of his wedding for ever.

It's his wedding, not yours.

~

• Brohoof 5

I suppose, but let's have some fun here... I'll probably make a generic speech anyway.

Although my family does share my sense of humor. I'm probably considered the more tame of the bunch.

If he's not a brony I would suggest not doing this.

It may seem fun to you, but I'm sure you won't be a ponymaniac your entire life

and your speech will be apart of his wedding for ever.

It's his wedding, not yours.

~

This. All of this.

Also, this might be better placed in Life Advice.

• Brohoof 1

It sounds like it would be a funny thing to do, but I agree with Shank. If he's not a fan of the show, I wouldn't do it. Plus, Shank is getting married too, so she knows about whats acceptable and such. ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's up to you what you want to do, but there is a risk of embarrassing yourself and your brother. Though I think you could get away with some horse related puns, but not something directly related to MLP. Considering that you are on a horse farm, and there is an important reason why the marriage is being held there. If the bride loves horses, a few positive horse jokes would be acceptable I think. Though I think you need to really consider what you would have to gain from referencing MLP in the first place. It doesn't look like you would have anything to gain at least from what I can see.

Edited by Waifles

And I have to make a speech as best man. Naturally, I am having a hard time resisting the temptation to add in references to ponies, and the Season 2 finale specifically. Anybody have suggestions?

So far, I have:

(1) Refer to him as my BBBFF at least once

Sounds good.

(2) Say something like "It looks like it will be a happy marriage, unless the bride turns out to be a changeling"

(3) Start out by saying "good evening everypony" and see if anyone notices (phillies and gentlecolts would be a little too obvious)

(4) Mention something about the elements of harmony in the context of a happy marriage

Ironically, the wedding is taking place at a horse farm, by the way. That ought to aid in the pony puns.

These, on the other hand...

Saying BBBFF at least once probably wouldn't be too bad, most people would just be confused. But I have to agree that if he's not a Brony, and there's not many recognized bronies attending, I would keep the MLP stuff low-key. I made a Star Wars themed speech for my best friend's wedding, pretty nerdy and detailed, and it.......didn't go over all that well.

*reads all other posts*

Oh, why not beat the dead horse a bit more~

No. Even if he was a brony I'd dare say going to lengths outside one or two minor references, less than what you have planned out there, is a bad idea. Non-brony? Like what GWD said, BBBFF alone as a reference would be fine as by itself it'd just confuse some people. That one is really up to you. But I still say no.

Here, allow me to illustrate how you doing this might look, in ponified terms. Take a wild guess at which would be you and which would be your brother :3

Posted Image

It's a funny idea yes, and for something less serious than a wedding sure, pony references to non-bronies would make me lol. But really, weddings are a huge deal. I would just look for another opportunity.

I suggest you don't do this.

But maybe mentioning the Elements of Harmony very vaguely would be alright, like not actually saying, "Elements of Harmony," but saying something like, "Loyalty, laughter, generosity, honesty, and kindness," would be good, but even then, still vague.