Attachment Limits?

Anonymous~

*sigh* alright I'll tell you about it. Somehow I can upload unlimited amounts of attachements and the max single file size is 256Mb. Think it should be 15mb of global upload quota and the max single file size that i can upload should be 3mb.

Edited by Feld0

*sigh* alright I'll tell you about it. Somehow I can upload unlimited amounts of attachements and the max single file size is 256Mb. Think it should be 15mb of global upload quota and the max single file size that i can upload should be 3mb.

That's correct. Our upload limit is unlimited files with a max single file size of 256 MB. The max global upload quota is unlimited as well.

256? I thought it was 50!

Time to upload something huge... But what? :P

Considering how new the forums are, I don't think lessening the values are too necessary. Feld0 and I had this conversation a while ago. Once we get tons of users, he may consider the possibility of lowering the amount of individual storage (to protect the servers.) But until then, he told me he's got it all worked out and not to worry too much about the servers.

Considering how new the forums are, I don't think lessening the values are too necessary. Feld0 and I had this conversation a while ago. Once we get tons of users, he may consider the possibility of lowering the amount of individual storage (to protect the servers.) But until then, he told me he's got it all worked out and not to worry too much about the servers.

(Looking for something to Upload) xD

That limit should actually be 75 MB per file, not 256. This has been fixed. However, the unlimited storage quota is correct.

Keep in mind, though, that my server's hard drives are not unlimited and the attachment system should not be used as a backup solution. Should my disk space ever run low, huge attachments are some of the first things I may delete. So if you upload anything that's important to you, keep a personal copy for yourself.

At the current rate, I don't expect disk space to get tight anytime soon, so I'm allowing unlimited attachments for the time being since no one has actually abused it yet. Think of it as "don't worry about the disk space" but not "we've got more hard drives than MediaFire!"

That's correct. Our upload limit is unlimited files with a max single file size of 256 MB. The max global upload quota is unlimited as well.

(Looking for something to Upload) xD