Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Day

Princess_Molestia

(edited)

New Day

It really seemed, to me, Gen 3.5 just fizzled out, the others had a real clear cut beginning and end, more or less, but to this day, deep in Gen 4, you'll still find remains of Gen 3.5 on the shelves at Wal-Mart, Target and the like. It makes me sad, and I don't know why to see this, so many bronies say its a god awful pile of trash, and while I admit its not on FiM's level, it had a few catchy tunes, some laughs and was closer to the animation Gen 4 uses (and I imagine being one of the things inspiring Lauren Faust to really make FiM what it was, if it wasn't so bland and bad to her, would our current MLP be how it is?)

Though the names stayed the same (and ponies like Pinkie Pie kept her love of parties and the like) they seem like very different worlds, and what would happen, if they met? The ponies are the Gen 3.5 unless specified.

(author's note, since there are 2 Rainbow Dash's, at least once in the room together, I refer to one as pegasus-dash and the other as rainbow dash. The ponies make it clear which Pinkie Pie they are talking to so I don't need to really do anything there).

Fun note-this is my first fanfic

Sad Day

Pinkie Pie woke up bright and early to the sound of birds chirping. She and Toola-Roola had a big party to plan for Rainbow Dash, and had to get over to Sweetie Belle's to help with all that baking. Sweetie Belle was good, but they needed to make a lot and she had happily taken the offer.

The party would be held at Cheerilee's, where she, Scootaloo and Starsong were going to be, setting up the decorations and wrapping any missed gifts.

Pinkie Pie was excited, no matter how many parties she helped plan, they always seemed like her first. Life was great, Ponyville was bright and colourful, and deep down she never wanted these days to end.

“Pinkie Pie! Come on, we gotta get over to Sweetie Belle's as quick as we can!” Toola-Roola shouted from outside, Pinkie waved from the window and ran downstairs and out the door.

This is going to be my best party yet I can feel it!” she said with a smile, and the two ran off to Sweetie Belle's, brimming with excitement.

All was not well at Sweetie Belle's home, when Pinkie Pie and Toola-Roola got there, her house had been put onto a massive wagon, being pulled by dozens of ponies, they were moving her house!

Hey what's going on, what are you doing to Sweetie Belle's house?!” Pinkie said, rushing up to one of the workers, Sweetie Belle seemed beside herself, sitting on the ground, Scootaloo trying to comfort her.

Ponyville's been sold, the Mayor sold it two days ago, it was bought by the Royal family and is now part of Equestria. All the stuff the new Mayor doesn't want is either torn down and the owner, is given a fraction of what they paid, or we move the house to the free zone and you can live there. We're sorry we are just doing our job” the man said, and ordered some pegasus ponies to begin lashing down the house. Starsong was next to turn up, mystified at all the pegasus ponies.

Wow look at them all! I've never seen so many peg-hey what are they doing to Sweetie Belle's house?!” she shouted in horror.

Ponyville's...been sold...they're going to move all our houses, outside to the grasslands...” Toola-Roola replied sadly.

There must be something we can do!” Starsong protested, looking up at the house again.

There isn't... Mayor Flitter-Flatter already signed the papers, if we had known sooner, we might have been able to do something...but as it stands the Ponyville we knew is gone...” Pinkie Pie sighed and looked at the ground, it had been torn up, Sweetie Belle's front yard was gone, and was just a bunch of dirt and stones. She tried to hold back the tears, as best she could. Sweetie Belle was already crying, as was Scootaloo.

Not one hour ago, she was getting ready for a wonderful party, now her whole world was ripped clean, right under her hooves.

Hey, move it or lose it! We got a lot of work to do, and can't have anyone hanging around!” a voice called from up in the sky.

A rainbow coloured pegasus-pony tied off the last line to the carrage and gave a nod and it begun to move, Pinkie Pie looked up at her, trying to find something to say, but nothing came out.

T-that was my house” Sweetie Belle sobbed.

I know, we're not going to break it, but we have to move it, thats how it goes, I am not the bad guy here, but you gotta move so you don't get hurt. We're going to put a bakery here, I think” the pegasus said, trailing off as if thinking.

I just want my house” Sweetie Belle cried again, Pinkie going over to comfort her. “You know if you really did care about us you wouldn't have us all move! This is our town, we were going to have a party today for Rainbow Dash! And now, all because of a silly piece of paper, we lose everything?! How a-”

The pegasus inturupted Pinkie, with a slight wave of her hoof.

Did you say Rainbow Dash?” the pegasus asked.

Yes, I did, she's my friend-we were going to throw a party for her today!” Pinkie shouted, fighting back tears.

I want to meet her” the pegasus pony said, deadpan. “I don't think so!” Pinkie protested.

I doubt she will want to make any new friends today, I doubt she will even be hungry enough for cake. Come on girls, lets find out where they are taking our homes!” Pinkie Pie got Sweetie Belle up and they all left, Starsong staying behind for a second, looking at the rainbow coloured pegasus pony, then left with her friends.

We have to keep our heads up, everybody, we can have the party still. They can't take away Rainbow Dash's birthday!” Pinkie Pie tried to sound happy, but she just felt like crying.

I couldn't bake anything Pinkie... not a cookie or a cake...or even a muffin” Sweetie Belle sniffed. Cheerilee and Rainbow Dash were waiting by the old town square, a pile of wood and rocks, much of the wood still had paint on them, they reconized much of it.

There's the bakery...and the post office...and that was town hall” Cheerilee seemed emotionless, looking down at the rubble and ruins.

I've lived in Ponyville my whole life, grew up here...I went to that bakery every day, I met you there Pinkie, we swapped a muffin recipie and you said you loved the colour of my mane” she began to silently cry, picking up a ruffled sign that said Ponyville Bakery and putting it into her saddle bag.

I wish I had asked to just keep my home...and not that silly hat” Rainbow Dash muttered.

None of us could see this coming Rainbow Dash, besides it's a nice hat I am sure you'll look great in it” Pinkie said, trying to smile.

At least we still have eachother...that's something?” Toola-Roola added. “We do, indeed, Ponyville may be gone, but we will always have eachother, and who knows? Maybe this new Ponyville will be a bright new future for us! New friends, bigger parties, more adventures, a huge market! It may seem sad now but this could be a whole new beginning for us all” Pinkie said looking at all the cranes and construction in the distance.

The others tried to smile but were still, understandably, very upset.

Their houses had been relocated to the grasslands, one small dirt road lead back into Ponyville and Equestria, beyond they had no idea what was there, moutains, ugly and jagged, stood to their left, and to the right a massive forest full of huge dark trees.

Quite a scene change from the lovely rolling hills of Ponyville, or what used to be Ponyville.

They even took the old sign Toola-Roola made and won a ribbon for, a few years back. She had held her tears back for everything, but when she looked out Pinkie's window and saw them taking down her sign, she cried.

No one was surprised and all tried to comfort her, but deep down they were all trying not to cry.

The party was over, it was hard to keep in good spirits, really no one wanted to be alone, so they just all sat together, having a quiet meal and trying not to replay the morning in their minds. It went like that until the late evening when a knock came at the door.

I'll get that, maybe after we can have some nice hot chocolate?” Pinkie Pie suggested, walking over to the door. She opened it slowly and was greeted by a very hyperactive pink pony, the same rainbow maned pegasus pony was behind her.

Hi there, I'm Pinkie Pie and you look like you need a cheering up!” the pony said throwing confetti in the air.

Pinkie Pie was confused and somewhat annoyed by this. Were they mocking them? First throwing them out of their town, destroying everything they knew...then sending this pony to mock her?

My name is Pinkie Pie, and I don't know who you are, but just go back where you came from! We are trying to enjoy what's left of Rainbow Dash's birthday and don't need anyone making fun of us” she said, and went to slam the door. The pegasus jumped infront and shoved both Pinkie's out of the way and flew inside.

Which one of you is Rainbow Dash?!” she said, looking at the confused bunch.

I-I'm Rainbow Dash” she replied, setting down her plate.

Oh. My. Gosh. This is so cool! My name is Rainbow Dash! We gotta do a double sonic rainboom! It'll blow everyone's minds! We can get into the Wonderbolt's for sure an-”

Rainbow Dash shook her head standing up.

What's a sonic rainboom? I don't know what a Wonderbolt is, its nice we share a name but...I do think your mane is a little on the rough side-oh maybe Cheerilee could help you, she did my mane” Rainbow Dash looked up at the Pegasus-Dash in a rather confused manour, then to the others giving a shrung.

How do you not know what a sonic rainboom is?! Its how I got my cutie maa-” The Pegasus-Dash stopped, her mouth hanging open when she noticed this Rainbow Dash had no wings, her cutie mark was different too.

Quick, Rainbow Dash, what's your favorite three things to do!” the pegasus shouted, grabbing Rainbow Dash by the head.

S-shopping, painting my n-nails...and-oh I guess I'd have to go with spending time with my friends!” Rainbow Dash gave a small smile, Sweetie Belle turned around, with a smile of her own.

Rainbow Dash always dresses in style!” Rainbow gave a laugh and a agreeing nod, the pegasus' mouth was hanging open in almost fear.

Ho-...Wha-... This is...P-Pinkie! New Pinkie! What do you like to do!” Pegasus-Dash said, grabbing Pinkie Pie. The other Pinkie Pie had sat at the table and begun to help herself to the left over cake, no one saying a word, all too preoccupied with this new Rainbow Dash, shouting about sonic rainbooms and the like.

I like throwing parties, going on adventures, before Ponyville was destoryed I would help with all sorts of things, everyone called me a natural leader” Pegasus-Dash shook her head, as if she refused to accept what she was being told.

Natural leader?!” the other Pinkie chimed in. “That's not how you say a random song out of nowhere!”

Pinkie Pie looked over at the other one, walking over to her, rather angrily.

If you don't mind, we are not in the mood for entertaining guests, so if you'd come back another day, perhaps when things are better, then we can talk” Pinkie Pie got the strange new Pinkie, out of the chair and lead her to the door, she then motioned the pegasus-dash to the door and the two left, in a rather confused state.

Well that was just weird” The pegasus-dash said shaking her head.

Edited by Barkion