open Life in Ponyville

TheBronyHeart

(edited)

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/25824-life-in-ponyville/#entry614095

Discere moved to Ponyville not long ago. He had been traveling all around Equestria in a search to quench his undying curiousities and to find the perfect place to settle down in. After meeting your friendly nieghborhood zebra Zecora, who told him about Ponyville, Discere decided to stay in the cheerfull and welcoming town. He took up residence in a cottage on the outskirts of ponyville, very near the Everfree Forest.

Now financially Discere had been doing quite well for himself. All of the traveling and collecting of rare plants and specimens fetched good prices in trade, but being that he would not be traveling anynore he would need to find work in town.

As for friends, Discere tends to stay buried in books or exploring the Everfree Forest, which cuts in on his time spent famillarizing himself with the people of Ponyville, so he still did not know many of the ponies residing there... although he does like to make new friends.

(Mod edit: Redundant OOC information. Premise and concept information belongs in the OOC thread's first post, not the RP thread's.)

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

Onyx Masquerade had finally finished his training to be a guard, He was told to be stationed at Ponyville were he would be helping to keep a protective eye over the town as the new Captin of the Guards. With this title came a home in town, it was quite near the center in fact. He could walk across the road and eat at Sugar Cube Corner if he wanted too. Now there was one thing Onyx loved as much as his new job, and that was his detective books. He would light a fire in the fireplace and read all night durring winter when he was just a fillie, but he cant do that now as his duty calls and he must be ready to answer that call of duty ((OOC see what i did there?)).

As for his friends he had become well acquainted with the workers at Sugar Cube Corner since he goes there every morning for tea and breakfast. He also has made a good friendship with a miss Twilight Sparkle who hold special detective books for him at the library. And of course he always stops by now and again to see his family at there home before he patrols the street. He rather liked this town, not much really happened. In fact the worse thing was an argument that he had to step in and resolve, so he tends to just walk about wearing normal clothes. Yep he had a pretty good life here in Ponyville ((OOC: were you looking for something like that as a first post?))

• Brohoof 1

Grayson yawned, propping the door to the store open while all the clocks in the shop ticked in sync behind him. He peered down the empty street hopefully, but it was too early for any real business to start.

The shop was off the main center of the town, so the only customers it received were those that knew their way around town. On slow days he would have to pass the time on books borrowed from the library, but today he still had a few orders to complete. They mostly consisted of clocks for ponies that felt they needed new or improved ones to go with their redecorated homes, but there were always a few broken ones that needed repairing thanks to overactive fillies.

Shaking his head in an attempt to wake himself up, Grayson stepped behind the counter to begin his work.

Lapis Lazuli and Asteria had recently moved to Ponyville. The close proximity to the Everfree Forest intrigued them. So, with a goal of studying how a small town like Ponyville could thrive near such a dangerous place, they packed their bags. Using Asteria magic and some hired help, they constructed a little cottage near the edge of the forest, hoping to gain some insight on the mysterious woodland. While it was Lapis's plan to not interact with the residents of Ponyville, Asteria had gone off and made friends with the locals. She usually spent her time at the local bakery, becoming acquainted with the baker there. Lapis allowed this, seeing as it didn't really harm his project. Besides, if Asteria learned more about the ponies of Ponyville, he could better understand how they had survived so long.

Blue Skies and Raincloud had just moved into Ponyville. Their new home wasn't as grand as their old one, but it was all they could afford at the moment. Ponyville was a beautiful town, but unfortunatley for them, the sisters had to live in the more "undesirable" parts of the town. Their home looked more like an apartment on the ground, which combined Bedroom, Living room, and Kitchen into one space and had a Bathroom which was the only room not combined with another.

"Alright, I think we're about done here," Blue Skies said, turning her head towards her little sister.

"So, does this mean we can go explore the town?" Raincloud said while smiling, and Blue nodded saying "yes".

Snow Flake and Cherry Blossom had moved to Ponyville when they were fillies. They had lived just a few blocks west of Sugar Cube Corner, it was a nice home made out of wood in Ponyville. They were very friendly ponies, everyday they would put some flowers in front of their home. But of course they would need jobs, Snow Flake started selling natural medicines made out of herbs while Cherry Blossom sells beautiful flowers for special occasions or gifts. Usually they would go take a walk around Ponyville if they had spare time. Though Snow Flake goes to the Everfree forest every few days to gather more ingredients. Cherry Blossom would usually spend her time planting seeds and taking care of flowers. They have met most of the locals ever since they moved to Ponyville as fillies. Everypony was very friendly. It was a very peaceful and happy life for the two.

Grey Thunder was woken by the birds song on this early morning.

He looked out the window from his new bedroom in a (for him) new house just outside Ponyville. He had just moved from Manehattan, where he was born and lived all his life. But he didn't really enjoy living in Manehattan, it was too posh for his taste. He finished his studies a year ago and went on vacation to Ponyville. He spent about a week there and he thought it was the perfect place to move to.

When he came back to Manehattan he got a job as a librarian. And about a month ago he got enough money to afford a house in Ponyville. Grey Thunder immediately started planning his move to Ponyville, and now he was there.

After eating his breakfast he went to Ponyville to meet some new people.

Grayson let out a sigh as he looked up from his work again to see no customers in the store. It looked like today wasn't going to be a big business day. Packing up his finished orders in a bag he figured that he could deliver them, and in doing so, try and meet some new customer.

He was almost out of the door when he stopped and decided to add a few library books to his bag. He'd held on to them for quite a while and it was high time he returned them.

Two birds with one stone, as the saying goes.

(edited)

The two mares left their new home and walked over to the more busy parts of Ponyville, exploring the town and getting more familiar with it.

"Alright sis, this place is kind of busy, don't get lost or anyth-" Blue Skies looked behind herself, but Raincloud was already gone. Blue facehoofed, "That filly..."

Edited by Error

Checking his bag, Grayson figured that his first delivery could be for the Cakes. Their old clock had been unceremoniously shattered by a magic surge by their little unicorn Pumpkin Cake testing out her magic.

They had commissioned a new one shaped like a large cupcake. He was particularly proud of how the design stood out, but part of him worried that their assistant, Pinkie, would try to eat it if she got too hungry. You could never really tell with that pony.

He was able to working he way into the busy streets near the center of town and slid into the store. The cakes, and Pinkie, were obviously swamped with orders, so rather than distract them, Grayson got their attention with a nod and placed the new clock on the counter.

The delivery done, he did his best to get out of the crowd. He always enjoyed being around other ponies, but he always found large condensed crowds like that to be too stifling.

(edited)

Raincloud was on her own in Ponyville after escaping her older sister's watch. Not exactly observing her surroundings, she wandered all the way to Sugarcube Corner, and being her naive self, didn't see where she was going and bumped into a unicorn leaving the bakery.

Edited by Error

Grayson stumbled, trying his best to avoid falling and possibly smashing the clocks gathered in his bag. Managing to steady him hooves on the ground, he was able to get a good look at the purple Pegasus he had run into.

"Oh, hello little one, are you all right? I guess I was too focused on getting out of the crowed rather than looking out for other ponies."

"Oh it's alright!" Raincloud smiled, "I'm kinda klutzy, so it's more of my fault."

((chaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaccccccctttttttttteeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr liiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttt))

"Hey, Lapis, I'm going to go to town now. Wanna come with me?" Asteria said, startling the earth pony. Lapis had been watching the clouds and was formulating a theory when his young ward had sneaked up behind him. He sighed and regained his composure. "Fine Asteria, I shall accompany you in your trip to Ponyville." Lapis said, putting his telescope back in the cottage. The unicorn filly felt excitement rising inside of her. Lapis had never spent more than an hour in Ponyville, and that was only to get supplies Asteria couldn't get on her own. Together, scholar and assistant, they made their way to the center of town. It was the usually hustle and bustle, ponies with things to do, going here and there. Lapis was disinterested, but tried not to show it. In his mind, as long he eventually returned home, a slight distraction couldn't be so bad.

Grayson nodded, he still felt it was somewhat his fault, but he had earned long ago that trying to argue with the younger ponies in the village was a pointless endeavor. Actually, he didn't recall ever seeing this young pony before.

"Very well, but how about we move away from the door, we tend to be blocking traffic a bit. And if you don't mind me asking, are you new in Ponyville? I don't recall seeing you around before, and most Pegasus tend to stay up in Cloudsdale."

"Oh yeah! My sister and I just moved in! We couldn't afford to live in Cloudsdale anymore because surprisingly, the houses are a lot more expensive up there than you would think." Cloud suddenly gasped, "Are you new here too?" she beamed at the Stallion.

Snow Flake and Cherry Blossom decided to have a bit of a stroll around Ponyville, just for fun of course. They headed towards the middle of Ponyville too see if anything new happened. "Do you want me to grab you something at Sugarcube Corner?" Snow Flake asked Cherry Blossom. "It's okay I'm not really hungry right now," Cherry Blossom answered as they continued trotting around. "Hey let's just sit at that bench over there and just talk for a bit." "Alright then." They bothed nodded in agreement and began to relax and converse on the bench.

On his way in to Ponyville, Grey Thunder was filled with joy and greeted everyone he saw with a big smile. When he arrived at the square he saw a few ponies opening their stands. "I think I'm a bit early" - he thought and continued walking, not really knowing where to go. He saw a bench and decided to sit down and think about what he should do next.

((OOC: I was a bit confused by the rules and I wonder: are we allowed to include encounters with the Mane 6 and/or other background characters?))

"Oh no, I've lived here my whole life. I actually live in a shop down the road, I build clocks and repair the odd device people bring in," he paused for a moment, "Actually, I don't suppose you and your sister might need a clock for your new home?"

((I think the Mane 6 are just simple mentions unless the author says otherwise, they might be more lenient for background characters but I'm not sure.))

"Lapis, you should get to know some of the ponies in Ponyville. You know I can't be your only friend. What if I'm not around? Won't you get lonely?" Asteria asked, her gold eyes gazing up at her pseudo-brother. The innocent concern in the teenage pony's expression caught the stallion off guard. "Fine, I'll try to 'talk' with one of the locals." the blue earth pony conceded. Lapis looked around until he spotted a grey Pegasus sitting on a bench. He seemed like the civil sort, so Lapis approached the stallion. "Good morning, my name is Lapis Lazuli, and this is my assistant Asteria." he said, hoping that was sufficient. Lapis rarely interacted with ponies besides Asteria.

Onyx walked into the guard house and began to give the guards there area to watch over for the day. He always gave himself the towns center were the most shops were in case somepony tried to rob one of them. He enjoyed getting out in the fresh air every morning, it helped him to really "wake up" for the day. Nothing ever really happened in town anyways so he went over to sugar cube corner to get something to eat and drink.

When he did he went over to his usual seat outside and watched over the whole center of town while all the other ponies walked along with there days. It always occurred to him that he was luck to have this job, it rarely required him to do more then walk around and keep a watchful eye while talking to the towns people.

When he was done with his meal he walked around reading some reports from his higher ups. He noticed that quite a few new ponies have moved into town recently so he took a personal note to try and introduce himself to them when he had some free time. He always felt it was good for the captain of the guards to introduce himself personally to any new comers. In the meantime he went back to his post and kept watch for a while.

While sitting on the bench he saw two young ponies approaching him, one blue colored Earth Pony and a purple colored Unicorn. "Good morning, my name is Lapis Lazuli, and this is my assistant Asteria." said the blue one. "Oh, good morning, my name is Grey Thunder, is there anything I can help you with?"

"Oh no, I've lived here my whole life. I actually live in a shop down the road, I build clocks and repair the odd device people bring in," he paused for a moment, "Actually, I don't suppose you and your sister might need a clock for your new home?"

"Well, I guess we could use one for when our first day at work starts. We both have part time jobs at a cafe, and-" Raincloud thought for a moment, "How much do your clocks cost? I don't have any bits with me..."

"Well, Asteria insisted I make some friends." Lapis said, hoping it didn't seem as odd as it sounded. "We moved to Ponyville a month ago, and Asteria has been spending much of her time in town. I, myself have spent my time in our cottage. We came to Ponyville in hopes of learning more about the Everfree forest, but my assistant here..." Before he could finish, Asteria cut in. "Lapis, I'm sure you're boring this pony. Please excuse him, he's not used to talking to others. Perhaps you could tell us about yourself?"

Snow Flake and Cherry Blossom continued to converse while on a bench in the center of Ponyville. "So how are things going at the flower shop?" Snow Flake asked as he put his foreleg around Cherry Blossom's shoulder, "Everything is going fine I guess." Cherry Blossom replied as he rested her head on Snow Flake's shoulder.