open Life in Ponyville

TheBronyHeart

Amelia picked up her boston shaker and went into the kitchen, gathering her ingredients. She stood at a counter and filled the shaker with light cream, cranberry juice, creme de rose and white carbonated daisy juice. She pictured herself in her own basement bar, performing flaring tricks with her boston shaker, hoof rolls! tin flip! even an infamous shadow pass gliding over her shoulders ... she put her hoof under water and ran it around the edge of a brandy snifter glass, and rimmed it with sugar, then poured the light, fluffy mixture into it, She curled an orchid and dipped it half into the Fuschia Twist and half hang out in a spiral out of the glass. Beautiful.

Amelia walked to the flower shop slowly, being careful not to disrupt the fizzy drink, she entered the flower shop she placed it on the counter and said "thanks again, i hope you like it!" and walked back out again, she felt rude not giving the unicorn a chance to talk, but she was horrifically tired, and needed to go to sleep, whether or not it's day.

(OOC: need to go for today, had to rush with the end a bit.)

Edited by Amelia Monicle

"Looks like I should get going home." Cherry Blossom said to herself as she closed up shop and started trotting home.

"Looks like I should get going home." Snow Flake said to himself as he closed up shop and started trotting home.

Byron saw Discere looking extremely worried. He was looking at his journal. Which Byron left on the drawer. "Hey, uh, Discere! Is breakfast ready yet? Speaking of, what is for breakfast today?" Byron asked.

Discere proceeded to explain to Byron what was on his exuisite menu "well you see we have a fine selection of pancakes from plain to chocolate chip, we also have hay bacon strips, hay bacon strips, and oh yeah more hay bacon strips!" he answered proudly, what could he say, he was a sucker for hay bacon.

((OOC: if you havn't already go watch Epic pie time on youtube))

"I'll have 2 regular pancakes, and some strips of hay bacon." Byron replied. Byron secretly pulled out a glowing purple vial, and dripped it on the hay bacon. Byron makes a secret sauce that makes anything taste like it's Earth counterpart. (hay bacon to Earth bacon) Byron then proceeded with breakfast. Noticing that the others were still asleep, Byron said to Discere, "I guess Pinkie doesn't seem insane about the 4th wall, huh? Byron chuckled.

At this Discere raised an eyebrow. Byron said many things that he never understood, perhaps he could have him write up a guide to translate all his jargon into terms he could understand. But Discere smiled and said "umm yeah I guess not." he ahad no idea what he had just replied to.

"The fourth wall is what Pinkie is always talking about." Byron said. "The fourth wall is like the screen of a telev- Er, what my species watches us on. She says she can see us watching." Byron was concealing his Earth-tasting potion, but a drop fell on Discere's bacon.

• Brohoof 1

"Oh, okay" Discere said. Obviously his ruse to cover up the fact that he didn't understand had failed. "Anyway," he started as he sat down to eat his breakfast "are you sure you should be talking about that with those two here?" he pointed his hoof at Asteria and Lapiz.

"They're asleep." Byron said. "You may not know this about me, but I make potions. I gave them a special potion to keep them asleep longer. It's not poison, and I can wake them up at any time." Byron began to eat his hay bacon, happy that his secret sauce worked, making it taste like Earth bacon.

Groggily, Lapis Lazuli opened his eyes. This time Asteria wasn't staring back at him. For a second, he had no idea where he was. Within minutes, the memories flooded back. He and Asteria had been invited to that earth pony's house. Discere, yes, that was his name. It had been raining, so he and his assistant had passed out. The unicorn filly was sleeping close by curled up into a ball, and Lapis had to admit it looked cute. "Asteria, wake up, it is morning." He gently tapped her with a fore hoof. The young one stirred, twisting to get up. "Morin' already? Hey, this is Discere cottage, right?" she said, already revving up. At that moment, the little unicorn's stomach growled. "Do you think there's breakfast? I smell food. Let's go!" Sighing, Lapis followed after the purple blur of Asteria over to the dining area.

Byron saw Lapis and Asteria walking into the kitchen. "Oh! Uh... Morning!" Byron said. "Breakfast today is HAY BACON AND PANCAKES!" When Byron yelled the food for today, he raised his arms up high, accidentally dripping his Earth-taste sauce on the rest of the hay bacon.

Edited by Shade

Discere had just finished his pancakes and was about to start on the hay bacon, when suddenly he saw A overjoyed Asteria, followed by a grumpy looking Lapiz. "hey, good morning everypony, care for some breakfast... theres plenty of hay bacon!" he asked. He then gave a glance at Byron ... his potion was OBVIOUSLY defective...

Byron finished up his bacon, and moved into the living room. Byron felt... empty without his TV. That reminded him. He was robbed. If anypony found out about the television, his secret would be out! Everypony would know where he was from.

Edited by Shade

"Good morning to you both. Byron, you are a jumpy fellow. Did we startle you?" Lapis asked, raising an eyebrow. "And hay bacon and pancakes sounds fine. Thank you Discere." Lapis sat down before the table and began eating. Something seemed off about the taste, but he ate them quietly. Unfortunately, Asteria didn't have the calm attitude. After saying her good morning to the other two ponies, she promptly dug into the food. "Um, something tastes funny about this food." she replied, staring carefully at her meal.

Discere proceeded to take a bite of hay bacon.....((OOC Put on mississipi queen)) everything slowed down, and his eyes widened. he was still half conciously chewing the bacon. nothing could have prepared him for this...amazing, thing.

The other ponies stared at Discere as he stood there with a thousand yard stare and drool coming out of his mouth.

Byron noticed that Asteria was looking at the food, strangely, and Discere was drooling, unmoving.. Byron broke off a piece of the hay bacon, and tasted it. It tasted just like Earth bacon. Byron pulled out his Earth-tasting potion, and noticed a small hole in the bottom. Everybody was looking at him and his potion.

Edited by Shade

"Alright now that talking to Starbolt is done i can go check on the guards." Onyx said to himself as he headed down the path that went through the center of town. He spotted one of his guards sleeping on the job so he did the only thing a respectable captain would do, he pored hot tea on his face. "Having a nice nap Jackson?" He asked the guard. "I just dozed off for a minute sir i swear!" said Jackson as he ran off down the road to get to his post. "Same old Jackson." Said Onyx as he headed on down the road.

Grey Thunder woke up feeling very hungry. He wasn't in the mood for making breakfast, and said to himself, "I should've stayed with Lapis and Asteria, they probably got their breakfast made for them..." Still having to make breakfast he went down to the kitchen. Being incredibly lazy, he decided to only eat some hay.

((OOC: Looks like I'm not going to interact with anypony today. And even if I would, I don't know if or when I can reply... Oh, and one more thing, I'm going away tomorrow and I will probably don't have any internet access for 2 days. But you seem to do just fine without me. I'll jump in as soon as I can when I got internet access again, and if I feel like I still have a significant role when I come back.))

Edited by Mcayon

The blue stallion cleared his throat. "Are you alright? Perhaps there is something wrong with this food. Not to insult your cooking or anything, but this all tastes off." Asteria pushed the food away from her. "If you're not going to eat it, I don't think I should have to either. Ya know, this tastes sort of like what that griffon shared with us back at Spine Ridge. Remember Lapis? I think he called it 'ham' or something. Do ya remember how later you vomited?" she rambled on. Her pseudo-brother graciously allowed her to finish, trying not to be annoyed. "Yes, I do remember. Please don't bring it up again." Lapis rubbed his forehead with a hoof, trying to forget.

Discere was starting to come to, and the bacon in his mouth had been eaten, then he looked over at Byron and saw that he was looking guilty and had.... wait Is that... IS THAT A POTION!? Discere knew bacon could never taste like that on it's own... "ummmmm, did you do something to the bacon?!"

"I... Uh... It's my special sauce! Yeah!" Byron said, obviously lying. " I have, uhh, put some in the hay bacon, to see what you guys thought of it!" Byron was sweating very fast, now completely obvious he was lying.

Asteria, not really paying attention to what Byron said, went right up to him and took the potion away from him using a levitate spell. "Hey, what is this stuff?" she asked, dripping a drop on her tongue. "Yup, it tastes just like the food. Why did you pour this stuff on our food?" Asteria looked up at Byron with consternation.

Edited by Coeus

(edited)

Discere really didn't care that he had put it on there, in fact he quite enjoyed it... but he didn't appreciate being lied to and so he demanded a full explanation. "Byron I would really appreciate it if you just told us the truth... and hand me some more of that sauce!"

Edited by TheBronyHeart

Lapis stared at Byron, chin on hoof. His expression suggested boredom. "It's very obvious you're lying. Let's not ruin a substantial breakfast with pointless lies. Why do you have this 'sauce' in the first place?" His voice had a note of careful cajoling, trying to convince the odd blank flank. Asteria placed to bottle on the table, granting Discere's wish. "Here ya go, whatever this stuff is." she said with a cheerful smile.

Byron signaled Discere that this had something to do with where he came from, which he does by stamping his front left and back right hooves, then derping his eyes for 3 seconds, then blinking 10 times in quick succession. Of course, this would make most people think there was something wrong with him, but Discere would know.