Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Akemi Homura

What will be the Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo's group new name be?  

7 users have voted

1. 1. What will be the Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo's group new name be?

• Slight change - for example, cities/towns located to the East would be known as the Cutie Mark Crusaders East.
    • Big change - for example, scrapping the name in favour of something called the Cutie Mark Legionaries signified by the large numbers they would eventually get.
    • No change - they're not sophisticated enough to run this kind of operation. But still...

It was brought up that the CMCs help out fillies/colts with the infamous blank flank status affliction that seems to terrorize the average foal more often during these times. To counteract, a project was put in effect to get around it and make everypony feel good about themselves by going by what you would call the "hands on" approach of acquiring your cutie marks. Since their efforts have implicitly recognized, they seem to be on the cusp of expanding their works and laying out new assets all over the country. OK, maybe that's exaggerating, but a close contact in Manehattan of all places sounds like a terrific way to kick things off!

My question to you is, will this expansion affect the name of their group in any way? If they soon make tons of new friends from various parts of Equestria, they can contact them from long distances and set up new names for their venues, like the Cutie Mark Crusaders East if you live in Manehattan. Or, keep it universal but because you have so many members, the name is changed to Cutie Mark Legionaries (an example) not unlike how Justice League from DC Comics was turned into the Justice League Unlimited.

In the case for the Cutie Mark Legionaries, I know it's pretty shallow of me, but it also has some historical context into it deriving its name from the Roman legions that would roam Earth much before another major historical event, the crusades. Pretty clever, huh?

Oh, I'd also like to point out that you should take the sophistication option with a grain of salt: what they're doing is pretty ambitious but not entirely implausible. Opening up branches doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Edited by Alfonzo Dennard

So basically it's like Kids Next Door but with blank flanks. Could use the KND model and thus make AB, SB, and Scoots Numbahs 1, 2, and 3 respectively.

Or CMC Ponyville is considered CMC Central, Cloudsdale branch is CMC North, Manehattan is CMC East, Canterlot is CMC West, and idk Fillydelphia? is CMC South or whatever they're located.

• Brohoof 1

Well I can't see them changing the name ( the allure of the added alliterative appeal is too attractive). Honestly the thing I am most concerned about regarding their expansion is that crusading is kind of an established bad idea. You get a cutie mark by finding the thing that makes you special, not by trying a thousand activities once and never trying again.

Although, maybe the Cutie Mark Crusaders will just evolve into a group for activities for children, maybe like the boy/girl scouts, Equestrian style. Who knows, I'm probably overthinking this.

• Brohoof 1

Well I can't see them changing the name ( the allure of the added alliterative appeal is too attractive). Honestly the thing I am most concerned about regarding their expansion is that crusading is kind of an established bad idea. You get a cutie mark by finding the thing that makes you special, not by trying a thousand activities once and never trying again.

Although, maybe the Cutie Mark Crusaders will just evolve into a group for activities for children, maybe like the boy/girl scouts, Equestrian style. Who knows, I'm probably overthinking this.

There is no such thing as "overthinking" on MLPForums. Just ask @@Kyronea, the pioneer of analysis and intriguing ideas. :lol:

I do agree with the latter idea, though. Establishing a business venture in the near future when they grow old enough, not unlike Kaiba Corporation from Yu-Gi-Oh.

• Brohoof 1

They're gonna be big someday. If they have the ambition to already be outsourcing who knows what they will do. :blink:

Everywhere there will be billboards, posters, signs, etc. all advertising the Cutie Mark Crusaders in all cities and towns. They're going corporate! Eventually though some branch like Cutie Mark Crusaders Cloudsdale will want to break off and start their own, pegasus dedicated company and they will become competitors with the origonal Cutie Mark Crusaders. It will be corporate warfare. There will be hostile buyouts, lawsuits, files for bankruptcy, and eventually both corperations will be left with a looming debt over their heads. The only way to keep both companies from crumbling would be to form a partnership and counteract the debt by helping each other and working twice as hard, thus a bond forms between the once hostile companies and peace will be brought to corperate equestria once again.

Edited by Death the Kid