Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lifespan

SuperpoweredSuperfly

In the show itself, I'm going to guess that they are like humans in age sense. Like most of the mane 6 would be around 17-21 I imagine, with Pinkie being youngest overall since she lives with the Cakes technically making her seem like she isn't old enough to live on her own.

But I imagine Granny Smith must be in her 70s or so in this sense. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

In terms of how their society works, they must live like humans.  Think about it, if they have to go to school, they must about 1-2 years old in horse years, if not younger.  If Granny Smith helped found Ponyville, then the town must have blossomed from a 1 family farm to a bustling little town within a few years, which isn't possible in either case because their has been obvious advancements in technology and culture from Granny's youth to her grandchildren of today.  This can also be looked at with the Apple Family Reunion, which happens every 100 moons, which is about 8 years and 4 months if you take it from full moon to full moon, which is what a "moon" is, not a 100 days (and in either case this brings up continuity errors, because that means Twilight's been there for over 8 years but that is a different subject).  Because of this and other reasons, I deduce that Equestrian ponies age as humans age, if not live longer than humans (excluding the princess', and looking at Granny Smith). 

All of the Mane 6 have to be over 18, and I think early to mid 20's makes sense, with Rarity and Applejack being the eldest.  Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash have to be the same age since they went to school together and Pinkie is a year younger than them, which in my mind makes her the youngest, probably just 18 or 19.  She obviously can live on her own, but chooses not to, because she relies on others so much for comfort and company.  She doesn't seem to be that type of pony, but is capable of doing it (she takes care of herself and Gummy and learns pretty fast baby responsibility)....

Edited by Treble Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

At least like humans. Look at older ponies, or how less Twilight's parents changed since when she got her Cutiemark. Okay, they were not shown that often and it's maybe an aspect that will never be discussed in the Show.

(And I think, there is still a difference between Celestia/Luna and Cadence/Twilight)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My head canon lifespans:

Earthlings: Up to 110

Pegasi: Up to 85

Unicorns: Up to 150

Griffins: Up to 80

Changelings: Up to 350

Mane Six ages:

Dash: 19

Pinkie: 20

Twilight: 20

Fluttershy: 21

AJ: 22

Rarity: 22

Everyone else:

Celestia: 1024

Luna: 18 (not counting years stuck in the moon)

AB: 12

Scootaloo: 12

Sweetie: 10

Spike: 10

Discord: FOR-EV-VUR

Sombra: 45 (not counting the years trapped in the ice)

Chrysalis: 1020

Cadence: 26

Shining: 26

Edited by CITRUS KING46

My headcanon goes as such for age: Rarity 21 Applejack. 20, AJ 19, Fluttershy,Rainbow 18, Pinkie 17 and Twilight 17.

Rarity is the only one really established as an adult, running a business isn't easy. AJ is where I have the most doubt, since she had things thrust upon her by her parents.. abscence. Fluttershy Is on her own, and feels settled enough to have been there for a bit, Id place her quite close to 19. Rainbow is clearly working her first job, one she has no plans to keep long term, and still acts like a teenager. Neither Twilight nor Pinkie feel like they're ready to take care of themselves, with Twilight probably having jumped ahead education wise, and Pinkie being.. Pinkie