Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Question regarding character age in EQG?

Oblivion

I got a question about Equestria girls that's been nagging me for a while. How are the mane 6 in high school when in MLP they are 19 to 22 years old(above high school age)? Or did they turn back the clock so to speak?

• Brohoof 1

I got a question about Equestria girls that's been nagging me for a while. How are the mane 6 in high school when in MLP they are 19 to 22 years old(above high school age)? Or did they turn back the clock so to speak?

Because as far as I know, their ages are never ever said, and thus, 19-22 is just your personal head canon, and not fact :) But, if you really want to nitpick, you can say that these 'other universe' versions of the Mane Six are younger, and Twilight just has to go as she is, since it's her mission.

• Brohoof 3

Because as far as I know, their ages are never ever said, and thus, 19-22 is just your personal head canon, and not fact smile.png But, if you really want to nitpick, you can say that these 'other universe' versions of the Mane Six are younger, and Twilight just has to go as she is, since it's her mission.

Makes sense I guess. But I swear I heard somewhere that the mane 6 being 19 to 22 was cannon. Plus the mane 6 all seem to be more or less independent and hold down their own jobs etc, So it's just easy to kinda come up with that assumption.

• Brohoof 1

Makes sense I guess. But I swear I heard somewhere that the mane 6 being 19 to 22 was cannon. Plus the mane 6 all seem to be more or less independent and hold down their own jobs etc, So it's just easy to kinda come up with that assumption.

Our little three-way response had absolutely nothing to do with the previous topic :3 So I've moved it into your very own topic, over in the EQG section. And yeah, no, that's not canon xP None of their ages are. And, lots of older teens have jobs and their own places these days :) I'd say 16-19 would be a better guess for most of them.

• Brohoof 1

Our little three-way response had absolutely nothing to do with the previous topic :3 So I've moved it into your very own topic, over in the EQG section. And yeah, no, that's not canon xP None of their ages are. And, lots of older teens have jobs and their own places these days smile.png I'd say 16-19 would be a better guess for most of them.

I..guess. Well I'm starting to think I'm just completely over thinking the whole "character age" thing. In any case sorry about getting completely off topic in that other discussion.huh.png 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I believe in the movie they are... juniors I believe? So about 16-17 years old. Might even be seniors actually. While the CMC along with Snips and Snails are Freshman. So about 15 or 14 for them. Don't ask why that is since their ages are so much different in the pony world but derpy_emoticon2.png .

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I believe in the movie they are... juniors I believe? So about 16-17 years old. Might even be seniors actually. While the CMC along with Snips and Snails are Freshman. So about 15 or 14 for them. Don't ask why that is since their ages are so much different in the pony world but img-1520450-1-derpy_emoticon2.png .

Yea I think I'm defiantly over thinking the age ordeal. I mean they are characters in cartoon they can make them whatever age they want when they want, for the most part. Specially considering that it's kind of a spin off type thing.

I always figured the Mane 6 were high school age. Who says the school system in Equestria is exactly like our school system? I mean, high school may not exist, it may be more like college, or it may come earlier in life. Who can say, really?