Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Show References

Genepool

(edited)

Shows, movies, and games a like will send out references to other forms of media, either big or small.  To make a long story short, there's an in game reference, or rather a tribute, to a player that passed away who enjoyed the Borderlands 2 game. 

With the passing of Kiki, i'm wondering how many people would be accepting if the MLPFIM crew put her OC into the show as a tribute/nod to the little girl.  Mentioned this in a livestream chat and some said there would be so many feels if the crew did this.  Would you be accepting of this kind of thing if the show's crew did it? Or would you believe the show is continuing it's pandering to fans? 

Edited by Genepool

They've put OCs in the show before. Sibsy, for instance. As long as you're not beaten over the head with the reference (like some cartoons are wont to do), then it should be fine. Subtle is the name of the game here. Easter eggs and the like.

(edited)

They've put OCs in the show before. Sibsy, for instance. As long as you're not beaten over the head with the reference (like some cartoons are wont to do), then it should be fine. Subtle is the name of the game here. Easter eggs and the like.

Yup.  Sibsy's OC was a complete surprise and I personally liked it when she first appeared.  Viewers weren't beaten over the head with it.  Heck, the pony wasn't even called wildfire and she was just seen arguing. 

I do wonder if it would be too much if Twilight interacted with her/hugged her for a bit of a nod/reference to Tara Strong's connection with Kiki, but kept it at that bare minimum.  Would more than likely take it too far if they did a song with Kiki's OC singing/starting it and Twilight joined in. 

Edited by Genepool