Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hearth's warming Applejack

Vermillion

gotta love AJ especially at hearth's warming  

anyways i am very pleased with this piece while drawing the apple pies it made me hungry xD

DAGNABBIT !! now i want some apple pie 

please tell me what you think...CRITICS PLEASE !!!!

post-15926-0-71577600-1386289706_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 8

Okay, this brought a big ol' smile to my face. I'm sitting here, looking closely at your drawing, and I honestly cannot really find anything to criticize.

Well, actually, just noticed something. Given where your horizon line is placed, the viewing angle of the tops of the pie stand and its shelves is off. We shouldn't be able to see the tops like that. Other than that though, which I only noticed after doing some close scrutiny, this is a fine piece. Well done! :yay:

EDIT: Aaaaaand after looking at it again, because it's just that nice, I have come to the conclusion that you can ignore my previous statement. I dunno what I was thinking, but it looks fine despite my, er, nitpicking. Sorry about that. Again, good job, I'd love to see what other drawings you'll make. :squee:

Edited by Pocky Pen

Okay, this brought a big ol' smile to my face. I'm sitting here, looking closely at your drawing, and I honestly cannot really find anything to criticize.

Well, actually, just noticed something. Given where your horizon line is placed, the viewing angle of the tops of the pie stand and its shelves is off. We shouldn't be able to see the tops like that. Other than that though, which I only noticed after doing some close scrutiny, this is a fine piece. Well done! :yay:

EDIT: Aaaaaand after looking at it again, because it's just that nice, I have come to the conclusion that you can ignore my previous statement. I dunno what I was thinking, but it looks fine despite my, er, nitpicking. Sorry about that. Again, good job, I'd love to see what other drawings you'll make. :squee:

:P I asked you to criticise it and then when you do you apologize as if you were offending me ?

It's okay that's the stuff I'm after, if I'm not told what could be fixed then I won't be able to get better :D

:P I asked you to criticise it and then when you do you apologize as if you were offending me ?

It's okay that's the stuff I'm after, if I'm not told what could be fixed then I won't be able to get better :D

Ha, well, I do realize that was rather silly of me wasn't it? Sorry, I tend to get a bit sensitive and overthink things. And I worry endlessly over whether I offended someone or not. My brain is weird. I gotta get more used to giving criticism without overthinking about reactions. ><

Anyways! I'll just go on and try again. For starters, the angle thing? It really can work either way, as is or with the angle set properly, Raising the horizon line is also a good idea, though when comparing the angle of the close-up stands to the one in the distance it still feels fine, so feel free to experiment and see what feels better if you ever decide to try redraw the piece. Which I absolutely recommend, as I've found that making a few reiterations of the original piece may lead to you finding one that is better than the first. I must add that the angle of the lowest shelf of the pie shelf feels like the back of it is rising higher than that of the stand its next to.

The top of her mouth is a tad to high; almost vertical, it feels. Might want to lower it a bit or round out the corner a little as it feels, well, rather sharp. (This part, honestly, is pretty much personal preference considering differences in art style. Again, experiment and see what works best for you. Every artist has their own tastes.)

I'm pretty sure that's all I have to say right now as, again, I love your piece. Whatever piece you come up with next, I'll be sure to critique to the best of my abilities... and try not to become overly anxious and overthink things again.  :blush:

• Brohoof 1

As far as sketches go, this is about as good as they come.  Her eyes look somewhat strange shaded that way (and yes, I know you did that intentionally, and it still works, but they still look just a little odd to me), but overall this is a great piece!  Keep up the great work Vermillion, and thanks for getting in the spirit of the season as well!  :)

• Brohoof 1

As far as sketches go, this is about as good as they come.  Her eyes look somewhat strange shaded that way (and yes, I know you did that intentionally, and it still works, but they still look just a little odd to me), but overall this is a great piece!  Keep up the great work Vermillion, and thanks for getting in the spirit of the season as well!  :)

yeah :P

the eyes do look weird on that picture its just the lighting though, they look much clearer

i might post another one but in a different light 

• Brohoof 1

Those cold dark eyes... Like a doll's eyes!

Nah, I love it. Anything with a happy Applejack is usually good in my book. Love the setting, and you have good lines. A great piece of work.