Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are babysteps realistic?

Cerbyrus

I've seen a lot of people complain about how characters like Applejack and Fluttershy constantly conflict with the same issues, episode after episode. Applejack is always stubborn. Fluttershy always has problems with her assirtiveness, etc. But is it really that bad that this does happen? Isn't it more realistic how the characters make small babysteps and slowly learn to overcome their main problems, instead of being completely done with the issue after one eye-opening experience? I know that some of my issues don't get solved by just one eye-opening experience. Do yours? I honestly doubt it.

What do you think, does this mean it makes the characters more boring, or do you think it adds to their realistic behaviour?

• Brohoof 1

It doesn't make the characters more boring, it shows that the characters will learn to overcome their main problems later in their lives and that they will continue to grow even with some qualities that people question. They are learning from their mistakes, their problems are a part of their personality but they are starting to mature.

• Brohoof 1

It all depends, there are a lot of situations in which the baby step approach is the most realistic one but there is one major case being Fluttershy where I think they are taking this approach a bit too far. It makes sense that she learns certain lessons a bit slower than others do to her nature, but the fact that she seems to learn a lesson in an episode and then just forget it a few episodes later makes her character seem very very inconsistent.