private [1-on-1] Time Travel RP (Sorry, couldn't come up with a more interesting name)

The Ponyville Critic

@

"Eclipse. Seth Eclipse. Royal diplomat for the equine throne." Seth said, taking a slight bow. "I was just about to sleep after a diplomatic conference when the meteor made contact about a mile from my house. I went and checked it out and met you. By the way, I couldn't see much when I woke up. There was a thick fog outside. The best I know is that we are on a mountain."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Since this thing is taken care of, I think our best bet would be to get off this mountain, there might not even be any kind of civilisation around, depending on the time period, or the development of such life on a planet, imagine meeting alien creatures, it would be very exciting." Missy kind of rambled a bit, she started limping out of the cave and into the sunlight.

"You're right, really thick fog..." Missy said.

@

"I don't like the idea of being stranded like this..." Seth mentioned, looking at the barren waist land visible from the fog. "not knowing where you are, who's watching you. It's too unforgiving." He said. He continued looking around, having the most uncanny feeling he was being watched.

"It's unnerving for sure, but... we should find a way to get back to Equestria, in our own time period, and oh look, the fog seems to be shifting..." Missy said, the mist was starting to clear from the mountain, dawn was breaking on the horizon, so at least they knew this place had a natural sun.

Missy looked over in the distance, there was fire rising from what looked like a town.

"Is it just me or is that town under attack?" Missy asked.

@

"Well... ether that... or they like remodeling the town, wow. Those things burn quick." Seth commented. "Should we... help them?" Seth asked. "I mean... we are not in the best position to help anywol-pony. Your leg is broken and I am a wolf... enough said." Seth replied, looking from the town to Missy.

"Well, we can't just stand here and do nothing, come on!" Missy said, limping as fast as she could in the best way she could find down the mountain,, it was fairly steep, so she was having a fair amount of difficulty, as she was going along a ledge, her hoof slipped on a rock and she almost fell off, but was able to get back on.

"Okay, I'm just a little bit tired." Missy said.

@

Seth ran to the pony as she rested. Seeing her nearly fall startled him. "If you want, I could give you a ride there. Not the first time I gave an injured pony a lift." He said, remembering the first time. "And that's what happens when you break rule one in diplomatics." He muttered to himself, the flashback ending.

Edited by arkman575

"I'd appreciate it greatly." Missy said, her hoof was still painful, as was her back leg. "We need to find out what's going on in that little town over there, it might hold the key to us getting back home." Missy hopped up onto the wolf's back and held on. "I can add this to the list of things I never thought I'd do."

@,

"As I said, not the first time." Seth said, adjusting to the newly added weight. As he began a steady sprint down the mountain, he kept his eyes on the path, unable to get sight of the town. "I like your optimism, but what do you think we will find in this sentimental? Why do you think we are here? I've heard tails of being sent in time to help the populous, but that was when I took a train ride with a colt who called himself a doctor. He never did say what field he was in."

"While I may be a small-time introvert, I do believe that it's our duty to prevent evil whenever we can... we may not find anything at this settlement, but still... there's a fire, and I'm curious, I must also thank you for the lift, I have to find somepony or whatever species is on this planet, with medical experience." Missy said.

@,

"Well, if my survival instincts are accurate, when there's fire, there's activity." Seth said, now approaching the settlement. The smoke was beginning to get heavy. Seth slowed up outside the town and stopped, allowing Missy to get off. "Here, if you can walk, I'll help you from here. No offense, I rather be able to defend us.

"Yeah, let's get into the city, now there seems to be a door right there." Missy said, getting off of the wolf and stumbling a little bit. "I'll be fine, now let's get in there." Missy trotted slowly over to the door, put her back to it, and kicked it with one of her legs... the door didn't budge. "I'm telling you, if I had both legs, that door'd be off it's hinges."

@,

"Allow me." Seth offered, stepping to the door.He stepped back a few feet, then charged at the door. As his right shoulder connected with the wooden door, both he and the door fell through the housing. He slowly stood up and looked at the contents within the house. "Oh, Missy? I doubt we are on different planet..." Seth said, staring at a group of frightened earth ponies waring rough leather cloths.

"Is this...? Is this Ponyville, in the past?" Missy asked. "Seth, I think you're unnerving the citizens..."

Missy approached a ragged mare.

"Hello, my name is Missy Starlight, we saw your settlement on fire and we came to help as soon as we could." Missy said.

"Unusual for a unicorn to want to help us earth ponies, surprised your kind would even venture down here from your castles and your temples." The mare replied.

@,

"So this would make it before the Discord era, before the time of the three races uniting. Back home, we would be just be forming the empire. Ya... I should probably step outside." Seth said, stepping outside the house. He didn't know much about the equine history, but from what he did know, this was a vary unstable era.

"Why is your village on fire? What caused it?" Missy asked.

"The pegasi... something's gotten into them recently... we earth ponies... we can't defend against them..." The mare replied. Missy suddenly stumbled a bit, her right hoof was still bleeding from the bite.

"Is there anypony with medical training, anypony?" Missy asked.

"Yes, we have one doctor, but what makes you think we're going to help a unicorn." The ragged mare asked.

"Please... I was attacked by some creature, and I'm a child, please help..." Missy pleaded.

"Fine, follow me..." The mare said.

"Seth, come on, we're in." Missy said to the wolf.

The two mares exited the house, but the earth pony hesitated at the sight of Seth. When the Wolf looked at her, she retreated back to the doorway. Seth rolled his eyes at the site. He was aware of the type, and he also knew how to fix it. He walked up to Missy and whispered, "She's not going to help us if I am with you as an equal. Pretend I am your obedient pet, she might just trust you." He said, regretting the plan already. It was an insult to be considered a pet for a wolf.

The mare fallowed as Seth came at Missy's heal. He then whispered again, "trust me, it will work. Sadly, this isn't the first time I did this..." Seth looked around the town, noticing the flames begin to diminish. "It seems we missed the battle." Seth commented. "In a way, we should be luck, in others we are most unlucky."

They walked for several blocks until arriving at what looked to be the town hall. "Wait out here." The mare ordered. "I must talk to the leader about this." Seth glanced at Missy.

"Hopefully we didn't step into anything to deep here..." He said.

"That's just what I was thinking... we can't step into any kind of fixed event in time." Missy said. "I'm a bit of a bookworm, so the laws of time are known... we need to make sure things happen as it's written in the books... or we run the very likely risk of causing a paradox." Soon, they had arrived. "Good, we're here." The town hall seemed so different, yet all the places she knew from her Ponyville were so familiar.

"Aren't we already pushing things with a Wolven warier inside a pony town? A little history for you, during the discord era, wolves and ponies weren not the biggest friends. Long story short, it ended with near geniside after fifteen years." Seth said, watching the mare go inside the building, leaving them outside. "So... Why do you think we are here of all times? Coincidence, or is there a point in time that needs us to help?"

"I'm a big believer in destiny, so I think whatever happened, we were meant to come back and stop it from happening, and by the looks of things, the pegasi are about to perform some kind of mass genocide of the earth pony race, and I don't think earth ponies were extinct in our time, under these circumstances, intervention would be accepted."

"Well... That is something you don't hear every day." Seth said. "So, now we are killing pegasi? A unicorn and a wolf are killing pegasi because of earth ponies? I should have stayed out of politics when I had the chance." Seth replied. They waited for a few minutes until the door to the hall opened to reveal a dark brown earth pony stallion in armor glaring at the both of them. The mare form earlier was behind him.

"...Hello?" Seth asked, both acting intimidated and feeling it.

"Scilence, dog! Why are you here, stick head?" He demanded.

Me and my... companion, noticed your village was on fire and we came to see if there was anything we could do to help." Missy said, suddenly feeling a strong sense of contempt for this earth pony. "And besides, by the looks of things you seem to need all the help you can get, beggars can't be choosers."

@

"Silence stickehead!" The pony yelled. "We didn't ask for your sympathy. The only reason I even allowed you to stand here this long is that I'm the town healer. Shamrock mentioned that you were wounded, she didn't mention that you had a wolf." He said, glaring at Seth. Seth was going to approach the armored stallion, but thought bettor of his actions.