Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Categorizing and prioritizing notifications

Wind Chaser

I would suggest organization of notification messages similar to DeviantArt. I would like separate categories for status updates, quoted/replied posts, mentions, and friend requests. I don't like having to run through a flood of status updates after a lull in activity on the site to find if there are any replies or mentions.

• Brohoof 3

I agree with this ten fold, looking through an ocean of status updates to find mentions/quoted posts can be a real pain in the flank!

I got to thinking, and it seems to me that a good idea would to have a scroll down menu with say 5 status updates and then a little button that says "View all status updates" then have another bar further down that says "Quoted posts and mentions" Since mentions and quotes fall under the same category as both being social, then do the same things for brohoofs as well!

Edited by 0blivion
  • Brohoof 2

I'm not sure why such an idea isn't already in place

As far as IPBoard not having it already as a part of the forum software...well, they're majorally aloof to what seems to work and what doesn't, I've found xP

As for us making it happen, nine times out of ten, because we have not the technical prowess, time or capability to make such changes :3 One must remember that 'Idea --> Unaminous agreement from members and staff' is only the beggining, not the entirety of the proccess. As our overworked Tech Admin(s), past and present will tell you, it's often a nightmare finding the time to implement something new on top of everything else going on, granted that the idea -can- be done in a way and in an amount of time that's feasible. Doesn't help matters much that we've always been understaffed when it comes to techies, as we can scarcely find people who are both skilled enough and trustworthy enough, who will do it all for free.

If it is possible, it'd make perfect sense.

• Brohoof 1