Alicorns, existing also in mythology?

Everleaf

Well I was searching up alicorns (myth) for the sake of finding out if they are based on a myth and it seems they pretty much are and also known as a (winged unicorn) however nicknamed alicorn which is also the name of a unicorns horn myself I found this pretty interesting

what do you guys think? 

are they based on mythology? 

I'm just wondering...

(Oh and the image is not mine however sorry I'm unaware of who's it is however when I find out I will credit them....)

post-23690-0-16643600-1407345706_thumb.png

The deepest of the Everfree!

Well, the alicorns do exist in mythology, just like Unicorns and Pegasi.

However,  the alicorns in the show have nothing to do with their mythology counterpart. Believe it or not, Alicorns were often depicted as evil creatures.

Kind of funny if you think about it. Unicorns and Pegasi being friendly creatures, you mix them up and you obtain something evil. Which in fact, was the case for most hybrid creatures in mythology.

Well, the alicorns do exist in mythology, just like Unicorns and Pegasi.

However,  the alicorns in the show have nothing to do with their mythology counterpart. Believe it or not, Alicorns were often depicted as evil creatures.

Kind of funny if you think about it. Unicorns and Pegasi being friendly creatures, you mix them up and you obtain something evil. Which in fact, was the case for most hybrid creatures in mythology.

I have heard them being (evil) which kind of explains the nightmare forces I see the alicorns in the show to have a dark side however not evil even Celestia likely has a darker side to her as far as we may know....

I have heard them being (evil) which kind of explains the nightmare forces I see the alicorns in the show to have a dark side however not evil even Celestia likely has a darker side to her as far as we may know....

Nah, Luna, maybe. I just cannot imagine Princess Cadence having a darker side. I mean, she  spreads Love everywhere she goes. :lol: 

Edited by boiteporte

Nah, Luna, maybe. I just cannot imagine Princess Cadence having a darker side. I mean, she  spreads Love everywhere she goes. :lo: 

However she was made into a alicorn but as for the sisters as far as we know they are born alicorns likely giving them a dark side....

However she was made into a alicorn but as for the sisters as far as we know they are born alicorns likely giving them a dark side....

You might have a point. However, if Celestia and Luna become evil, Equestria is in trouble (rhymes ??) 

You might have a point. However, if Celestia and Luna become evil, Equestria is in trouble (rhymes ??) 

Luna already had shown her dark side but likely if both became evil Equestria would not have much of a chance. 0-0

As the S2 priemere shows. Celestia can cast Sombra's hate powered Dark Magic.

Are you sure it's season  2 ?, I always thought it was season 3. 

Edited by boiteporte