Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anypony go to church?

CosmicHooves

I find it interesting how low USA score when it comes to accepting evolution as a fact. Iceland is on the top from what i know.

1:13 - 1:17

I love this brrrrr sound :P

Edited by ShintX
  • Brohoof 2

I think one of the main reasons why people leave church is not the church itself or the teachings of it.

Rather it's the people that drive someone away from the church.

There was a period of my life where I became an atheist.

Did I still go to church?

Yes.

Why?

Although I didn't believe in God at the time, I still missed my church, the people who went there, and our Pastor reading from the Bible.

After having a talk with my Pastor, my faith was reassured.

My church teachings were going in a circle so they just told me same things over and over again. Because of that church I almost lost my faith. I've learned many more things about God after I left and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have learned them there.

• Brohoof 1

I find it interesting how low USA score when it comes to accepting evolution as a fact. Iceland is on the top from what i know.

1:13 - 1:17

I love this brrrrr sound :P

Please don't bring this content into this thread.

It's off-topic.

Not to mention, it could start a debate which could get Simon to throw this thread in the fucking debate section.

• Brohoof 2

That's... quite a bold statement.

It sounds rather stern.

I am sensing hate in what you have said.

Please elaborate.

It may be hateful, bold and stern, I'm not denying any of that. But why would that be a bad thing? Religion is a bothersome parasite we can't seem to get rid of, simply because it's tradition. If a guy came and first introduced the Bible to the world these days, he'd be seen as a sexist, homophobic and crazy man. I don't see the problem with disliking these ideas, or the buildings where they are preached.

Edited by RaveLow
  • Brohoof 1

I went to church back when I was in a catholic high school. I was forced to go to church there. It was boring. We'd sit up in the bleachers of the basketball court and they'd hold mass on the court. Nothing special really, except my friends, with whom I sat, and I are atheists, so yeah

• Brohoof 2

It may be hateful, bold and stern, I'm not denying any of that. But why would that be a bad thing? Religion is a bothersome parasite we can't seem to get rid of, simply because it's tradition. If a guy came and first introduced the Bible to the world these days, he'd be seen as a sexist, homophobic and crazy man. I don't see the problem with disliking these ideas.

Wrong.

Ticks are bothersome parasites. Lol.

First of all, that statement is incredibly bias.

Do you even realize how many religions are out there.

Also the Bible can be interpreted in many different ways.

That's why there's so many denominations.

I don't want to go into that though.

I just want to stop you now before this turns into a religious debate.

If you want to debate, make a separate thread on the debate section.

Not on my thread ok?

• Brohoof 1

Please don't bring this content into this thread.

It's off-topic.

Not to mention, it could start a debate which could get Simon to throw this thread in the fucking debate section.

I think people should be open for questions. Even if it sounds controversial, telling it as it is. But like i say, i dont mind if people are religious. Aslong as its not in the politics etc. I personally think its nice to imagine stuff ^_^

Atheist too btw.

Edited by ShintX
  • Brohoof 1

Wrong.

Ticks are bothersome parasites. Lol.

First of all, that statement is incredibly bias.

I don't want to go into that though.

I just want to stop you now before this turns into a religious debate.

If you want to debate, make a separate thread on the debate section.

Not on my thread ok?

I'm sorry, but I'd have to agree with . Historically and even today, religion has had a parasitic relationship with the rest of society

Also, you can't expect to bring up a controversial subject up and not expect a debate

Edited by ~Shadow Wolf~
  • Brohoof 1

Those arguments don't really matter. It doesn't make a difference.

Don't get me wrong here if I sound hateful. I want no harm to people for their beliefs, but I will criticize them.

I think people should be open for questions. Even if it sounds controversial, telling it as it is. But like i say, i dont mind if people are religious. Aslong as its not in the politics etc. I personally think its nice to imagine stuff ^_^

Atheist too btw.

Well thank you for being kind and not hateful. :D

Personally I'm more agnostic in that I believe that the universe could exsist without a God, but I just love the idea of there being one.

Those arguments don't really matter. It doesn't make a difference.

Don't get me wrong here if I sound hateful. I want no harm to people for their beliefs, but I will criticize them.

Well if you feel like you need to criticize other people's religions, do it on the fucking debate section.

Not my thread.

I posted this in the General Section for a reason.

Go spread your hate for religion elsewhere.

I'm sorry, but I'd have to agree with . Historically and even today, religion has had a parasitic relationship with the rest of society

Also, you can't expect to bring up a controversial subject up and not expect a debate

Whatever, I only asked who went to church.

There should be no room for contraversy.

• Brohoof 2

Well thank you for being kind and not hateful. :D

Personally I'm more agnostic in that I believe that the universe could exsist without a God, but I just love the idea of there being one.

Well i'm more of a realist. I just see animals and nature, and it added up to me. I guess its not wishful thinking that is on my mind but the truth itself. Although its ok if you believe this stuff though, i mean we all have different view point either way. The only thing i am against is religion medling into politics, but if people want to practice a religion in a society merely on religion then i'm ok with it.

If one for example take Islam, in Norway there were some people who supported ISIS calling for it, now recalled I.S.

Then there were other muslims, christians and other people who opposed them. Thats what i like, i am against political controlled religion. But if people want to believe in a religion, then thats totally ok with me. Aslong a society is not based on religious rules.

Its more like, we are here if you want to try it out, so its more natural to see if one accept it or not.

Edited by ShintX
  • Brohoof 1

Well i'm more of a realist. I just see animals and nature, and it added up to me. I guess its not wishful thinking that is on my mind but the truth itself. Although its ok if you believe this stuff though, i mean we all have different view point either way. The only thing i am against is religion medling into politics, but if people want to practice a religion in a society merely on religion then i'm ok with it.

If one for example take Islam, in Norway there were some people who supported ISIS calling for it, now recalled I.S.

Then there were other muslims, christians and other people who opposed them. Thats what i like, i am against politial controlled religion. But if people want to believe in a religion, then thats totally ok with me. Aslong a society is not based on religious rules.

Its more like, we are here if you want to try it out, so its more natural to see if one accept it or not.

Correct!

Politics and religion definately do not mix.

History can prove that.

• Brohoof 1

Well if you feel like you need to criticize other people's religions, do it on the fucking debate section.

Not my thread.

I posted this in the General Section for a reason.

Go spread your hate for religion elsewhere.

I'll do as you wish, although I'd rather see that you stay democratic and allow everyone's opinions in your thread. 

I don't care for religion anymore. Once I had the chance to stop doing to church when I was young, I took it. Seeing what standards and what I'm supposed to do with my life sound discouraging to enjoy like it's a deadly son to mix two different kind of fabrics.

I'm also not an atheist. I don't care if I came from monkeys or a man in the clouds. I just care about what I do. And thus, is why I don't go to churches anymore.

I'll do as you wish, although I'd rather see that you stay democratic and allow everyone's opinions in your thread.

I do.

I just don't want any hate on my thread.

That includes hate towards race, sexuality, ethnicity, and religion for that matter.

By the way, sorry if I came across as stern.

• Brohoof 1

Correct!

Politics and religion definately do not mix.

History can prove that.

Yep. Politics should just be politics, For example Indonesia works like that, I haven't been there and not sure about everything, but thats an example that politics just stritctly doing its job, and thats all that matters :) What happens in people's daily life, what they choose to be is up to them.

But i am concerned that creationists in USA are trying to meddle into school education with creation.. Not trying to spark a huge debate here. But i think from what i've heard that the reason why some created "Flying Spaghetti Monster" satire religion. Was to oppose this, because its not factual and doesn't belong to a classroom.

I am perfectly fine with a church were people can practice their religion, or even learn about what different faith teaches through education. But not too actually become dogmatized by it in school. I am very opposed to this to say the least.

• Brohoof 1

Yep. Politics should just be politics, For example Indonesia works like that, I haven't been there and not sure about everything, but thats an example that politics just stritctly doing its job, and thats all that matters :) What happens in people's daily life, what they choose to be is up to them.

But i am concerned that creationists in USA are trying to meddle into school education with creation.. Not trying to spark a huge debate here. But i think from what i've heard that the reason why some created "Flying Spaghetti Monster" satire religion. Was to oppose this, because its not factual and doesn't belong to a classroom.

I am perfectly fine with a church were people can practice their religion, or even learn about what different faith teaches through education. But not too actually become dogmatized by it in school. I am very opposed to this to say the least.

And that's pretty much why we have "separation of church and state". :-)
  • Brohoof 1

Religion is a controversial subject, unless of course you happen to be on a religious forum. You also mustn't infer a hate for religion by the supply of reasonable observations

And that's pretty much why we have "separation of church and state". :-)

Except a lot of religions are trying to push their ideals into law

• Brohoof 3

I've gone to church a total of five times my entire life, and my parents are religious enough. Not strict or anything, but they follow and reinforce the book's rules. Church wasn't bad. Boring, yes, but it was alright. Fell asleep twice! xD Last time I went to church was earlier this summer to support my brother in his choir. After singing some songs they took a break and I talked with some of the other choir members. They were alright.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Religion is a controversial subject, unless of course you happen to be on a religious forum. You also mustn't infer a hate for religion by the supply of reasonable observations

Fair.

Religion may seem like a parasite to you, but I just see it as two questions.

Is there a God?

Should I worship it?

Now some take it too far and let their beleifs a

effect them and others.

That's where I think religion might seem parasitical.

And it can be if people take it too far.

In my case, I don't let my religion effect anyone else, not even myself.

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 1

I do.

I just don't want any hate on my thread.

That includes hate towards race, sexuality, ethnicity, and religion for that matter.

By the way, sorry if I came across as stern.

An opinion is equal to another, no matter how stupid or hateful it sounds. It's a painful truth, and it's how democracy works. But I'll respect you. I didn't want to debate this either.

• Brohoof 1

I do go to church. And as so, a Baptist church (specifically reformed baptist).

Our typical service on Sunday starts with worship, then the offering, then the sermon, and then regular fellowship with everyone else. Everyone there is very kind and accepting and it is a solid, bible based church as well that encourages a gospel minded viewpoint, discipleship, and equipping for ministry.

Honestly, as far as bullying, I would say that only my younger years, when I was roughly 8-years old, were the hardest times. Oddly enough though, the people whom bullied me specifically then are my best and greatest friends nowadays.

• Brohoof 2

I do go to church. And as so, a Baptist church (specifically reformed baptist).

Our typical service on Sunday starts with worship, then the offering, then the sermon, and then regular fellowship with everyone else. Everyone there is very kind and accepting and it is a solid, bible based church as well that encourages a gospel minded viewpoint, discipleship, and equipping for ministry.

Honestly, as far as bullying, I would say that only my younger years, when I was roughly 8-years old, were the hardest times. Oddly enough though, the people whom bullied me specifically then are my best and greatest friends nowadays.

Sounds like my best friends now a days.

Most of them used to bully me.

Though, that was at my school of course.