Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anypony go to church?

CosmicHooves

Whether you are Christian, Catholic, Muslim, Buddist, Orthodox, Mormon, or any religion for that matter.

I'm specifically looking for people who go to church.

Me?

I go to a small Baptist church in my town.

It's not really a "modest" Baptist church as some are.

It's great though.

The people that come there are so kind and anyone is welcome.

Some people have left, but many have joined the church.

After the Pastor's sermon is done everyone goes down to the Fellowship Hall (which is kind of like a break room) and we have a snack or two there.

So does anyone else go to a church?

Please tell us about it. :-)

• Brohoof 2

I used to go to church, but I don't anymore. 

I went to the Church of Christ. We would have sermons in the morning on Wednesdays and Sundays. Then after the sermons, we would to to bible school. Sometimes, we would have potluck where we would bring food and put it on a large table for everyone to eat. My parents usually brought pigs in a blanket. We (my family) went to the preacher's house because my parents were friends with the preacher, and my sister and I were friends with their daughter. We stopped going after we moved, though. 

I went to church a lot when I was young, but then they started bullying me there. I stopped going and I haven't been there ever since.

Bullying at a church?

How awful!

Who was bullying you and what for?

• Brohoof 1

I was shy and I didn't talk much and the other kids were making fun of me. I don't want to be in a place like that.

Baptists kids huh?

If they are truly Baptists, then they shouldn't be acting like that to someone else just because he was a little shy.

I mean seriously.

WWJD? (what would jesus do)

I would have definitely done the same if I were you.

• Brohoof 2

Baptists kids huh?

If they are truly Baptists, then they shouldn't be acting like that to someone else just because he was a little shy.

I mean seriously.

WWJD? (what would jesus do)

I would have definitely done the same if I were you.

I was in mormon church and I think there weren't really good atmosphere there. I heard some parents were beating up their kids there if they weren't quiet. No one stopped them if they did so and everyone was like nothing happened. :(

• Brohoof 1

I was in mormon church and I think there weren't really good atmosphere there. I heard some parents were beating up their kids there if they weren't quiet. No one stopped them if they did so and everyone was like nothing happened. :(

Oh it was Mormons huh?

This is strange.

If that happened in my church someone would probably call CPS.

Well it's good you left that church then.

• Brohoof 2

I was the pastor's son, so I went to church every Wednesday and Sunday. Thankfully, it's only every Sunday now. I go a Baptist Church, just like most of you so far on this topic, and just like most of you, I was bullied in church. lol. It was during high school. Problem was all the cliques. Oddly enough, I became a brony when I entered college last year, and no one seems to care. Weird.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I was the pastor's son, so I went to church every Wednesday and Sunday. Thankfully, it's only every Sunday now. I go a Baptist Church, just like most of you so far on this topic, and just like most of you, I was bullied in church. lol. It was during high school. Problem was all the cliques. Oddly enough, I became a brony when I entered college last year, and no one seems to care. Weird.

What is with kids getting bullied in church?

That never happened when I was a child.

Frik'n kids these days...

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 3

What is with kids getting bullied in church?

That never happened when I was a child.

Frik'n kids these days...

-Looks on profile-

What do you mean kids these days? I'm older than you! You're actually the age of the people that used to bully me. Lol

• Brohoof 1

I was shy and I didn't talk much and the other kids were making fun of me. I don't want to be in a place like that.

Don't you just love cliques? *sarcasm* 

I know what you mean I have been to a couple of baptist churches myself and youth groups and it depends on where you go and who the people are at the church. Some people at churches I've been to were really critical over me. I don't like the divisions amongst all the "denominations out there either... I would not label myself under any "denomination"

I think being a Christian real matters most in the word of God alone. Churches help uplift you but they don't seem to be necessary imo your relationship one on one with Christ matters most.

I only speak on behalf of a "christian worldview however"

• Brohoof 2

-Looks on profile-

What do you mean kids these days? I'm older than you! You're actually the age of the people that used to bully me. Lol

Yyyyeah, sometimes I forget how old I am.

Well in that case what I do mean is that people my age these days seem to act very immature and feel like it's necessary to put others down for no reason.

It just shocks me that this happens in church.

• Brohoof 1

Yyyyeah, sometimes I forget how old I am.

Well in that case what I do mean is that people my age these days seem to act very immature and feel like it's necessary to put others down for no reason.

It just shocks me that this happens in church.

If it wasn't church, it'd be somewhere else. We just have to remember that it's the people, not the church itself. I think as bronies, we know all about group stereotypes all too well.

• Brohoof 3

I think one of the main reasons why people leave church is not the church itself or the teachings of it.

Rather it's the people that drive someone away from the church.

There was a period of my life where I became an atheist.

Did I still go to church?

Yes.

Why?

Although I didn't believe in God at the time, I still missed my church, the people who went there, and our Pastor reading from the Bible.

After having a talk with my Pastor, my faith was reassured.

• Brohoof 1

My parents took me to different churches all over town when I was a little kid, like 6 or 7 years old. Me being the antisocial little squirt that I was, I hated every one of them. I was shy, I never made friends, and I didn't get along with the other kids, no matter what church it was. I hated the structure of it all, especially the restrictive dressing and all those rules I had to follow, like sitting down and listening to old people babble. I never liked the food, either, and the thought of spending a weekend being forced to socialize never settled well with me.

I remember bitching and moaning all the way back on the ride home, criticizing my parents for making me go through such a torturous experience. Yeah... that's the last time I went to a church. It was 13 or 14 years ago, possibly 15.

Edited by Regulus