Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you go to church?

zerox

I don't go to church as I'm not interested and also church bores the fuck out of me.

I go like once a year. last time I was in church was on Dec 25 of last year.

• Brohoof 1

I do no go nearly often as I would like. I am a practicing Catholic, yet with busy schedules I miss Sunday mass quite a bit. I make most Holy Days of Obligation, and especially Christmas and Easter. I also do not like the nearest church to me (three block walk away), because the priest there is extremely negative. I even attended a funeral there and it felt so heartless. 

• Brohoof 2

I usually go to church on special occasions, such as holiday celebrations. Last time I was in church was just before the Christmas holiday last year, and at midnight. I was quite sleepy because it was so late, but it was atmospheric with the lights and songs and all.

I haven't gone to an actual church in more than a decade but whenever I go to a pow wow that feels like church to me.  Feeling the drums and hearing the singers, to me, that's a sacred space.  I know, I know, sounds silly...:please:

Every sunday but i prefer saturday. It may be boring but it's my relaxing time. But it's so damn rare to have a good and interesting homily.

I've been going to your typical non-denominational Evangelical churches for most of my life. Lately though, I've been going to a Greek Orthodox church just to explore the Orthodox faith and I've been liking it.

(edited)

I went to church when I was eight (I believe). I was okay with it until I read the first pages of the Old Testament (Genesis), and I was like "this is really, REALLY stupid." So, yeah, I've been an atheist most of my life now and will not go to church because I don't believe in any sort of "divine deity."

Edited by Nerdy Luigi

I used to but as I got older and developed the ability to think for myself I stopped following religion and became an atheist. The ignorance of some of my family members and there inability to provide any sort of logical argument to support religion only strengthened my resolve. Been done with religion for many years now and have absolutely no desire to have any part of it for the rest of my life.

4 minutes ago, zerox said:

agnostic deist here.

I meant I believe in the agnostic idea, for we can never truly know. I guess I maybe also agnostic theist. I'm open to the possibility of god. I'm just not open to religion. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I believe in God and heaven, but I don't go to church because I don't want to be told everything I enjoy is a sin all because it wasn't in the bible. Not to mention I'm pansexual and I've heard just how homophobic churches can be.... sooo no thank you.

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

No way! Church is boring. I had to go as a child and every hour I spent there on Sunday I could feel my childhood being unfairly sapped from me.

Okay, I'm being dramatic. As a child, I had convinced myself that I was a believer, so I didn't really see it that way. I definitely saw it as horribly boring, though and that was a problem. Just another reason I felt like something was wrong with me.

• Brohoof 1

I go to church whenever I can and have been a regular church-goer my whole life. I want to go every week but it's not always easy, especially when work schedules are so erratic. I like going to mass and it makes me feel 'right' inside when I go. It's food for the spirit and I need to get my nourishment. I always love a good homily, especially when I get a priest who really reaches me spiritually. I've known several really great ones and it's always good when I can hear from one of them. But of course, anyone will do; I just like to be there. 

• Brohoof 2

I haven't stepped inside a church in about 15 years. I'm also a Laveyan Satanist, (Atheistic, not a devil-worshipper) so they would probably try to burn me a the stake or something.

14 hours ago, zerox said:

I don't go to church as I'm not interested and also church bores the fuck out of me.

I go like once a year. last time I was in church was on Dec 25 of last year.

Yea I'm not Christian (I'm atheist) honestly if any of you are Christians I'm still cool with you guys because where in the same fandom but as long as you don't mention anything about that where cool ^_^