Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you go to church?

zerox

a major reason that i go to church is similar to the reason that I started a brony group: community

My spirituality is based on god's love overflowing out of me, and then spreading that love to others.  So it's a place to get recharged, and encouragement to go out and make a difference.  I chose my current church based on its outward facing philosophy.

Similarly, the effort required to run a brony group would never be worth it if  was just for the games we played.  I need it to be about the relationships.  

Edited by weesh
  • Brohoof 4

I went once when I was really little and the first 10 seconds bored me to death so I fell alseep, but I got free easster eggs at the end so I guess church ain't that bad?

59 minutes ago, MasterOfHugs said:

I am Atheist, so there's no point of me going to church.

Not even to learn what others think/believe?
That seems like an odd comment o3o

Just now, MasterOfHugs said:

Why go to a place I'm not welcome to go as myself?

Where on earth did you get that idea XD
I never said go where you're not welcome,
But you could go to learn what others think and believe if nothing else.
Just because you believe differently doesn't mean you aren't welcome.

I come here on this forum and I'm not technically a brony, doesn't mean I haven't been welcomed :V

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, ScruffyTheStallion said:

yeah,I just finished coming from it,basically this week I went every day.Normally it's 3-4 days a week and every night we don't go,we do the rosary at my house.

Oh my, that's a lot of activity O_o

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, The_Gobo said:

Oh my, that's a lot of activity O_o

my mom XD I personally don't like going to any of it.I'm not a super religious person but I do enjoy going at least 2 times a week XD 

Edited by ScruffyTheStallion
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, The_Gobo said:

Not even to learn what others think/believe?
That seems like an odd comment o3o

Churches and their services are places for worship. When you don't believe in that stuff, it does come off as rather pointless and awkward to go unless you have some other reason to go (like a close friend performing or something). I don't really see how it's an odd comment at all.

Edited by Envy

1 hour ago, Envy said:

Churches and their services are places for worship. When you don't believe in that stuff, it does come off as rather pointless and awkward to go unless you have some other reason to go (like a close friend performing or something). I don't really see how it's an odd comment at all.

You say it's a place of worship and then talk of it as though it's a concert hall.
Churches are places of worship, but that doesn't mean all they do is come together and sing.

They can be for ministry, teaching, and lot of other things as well.
So going for 'some other reason' could include asking questions about that church's beliefs and doctrines.
o3o
All i was pointing out before is that just because one isn't a Christian doesn't mean they should be barred for going, be it physically, emotionally, psychologically or socially.
There are plenty of reasons to go/not got that have nothing to do with religion in anyways.

But to go on about those would be to derail the thread somewhat.
Which I've already gotten two warnings about ^^;

4 hours ago, The_Gobo said:

You say it's a place of worship and then talk of it as though it's a concert hall.
Churches are places of worship, but that doesn't mean all they do is come together and sing.

They can be for ministry, teaching, and lot of other things as well.
So going for 'some other reason' could include asking questions about that church's beliefs and doctrines.
o3o
All i was pointing out before is that just because one isn't a Christian doesn't mean they should be barred for going, be it physically, emotionally, psychologically or socially.
There are plenty of reasons to go/not got that have nothing to do with religion in anyways.

But to go on about those would be to derail the thread somewhat.
Which I've already gotten two warnings about ^^;

I brought that up solely because I went to church once for a friend that was performing. It meant a lot to her, so much that she cried on the phone trying to get me to go. Lol.

It doesn't change the fact that in most other contexts I have no place in church, what they talk about is not relevant to me because I do not believe. They are services for worship, they are services for people who believe.

• Brohoof 1

Regardless, my point is that they can be what you're calling a place of worship, in that it's solely for religious oriented concerts.

But in a grander sense, calling them a 'place of worship' means a great deal more.
Wasn't saying one needed a place in a church, or a synagogue or buddhist temple for that matter, only that it can be for furthering one's understanding of the world around them, and how others perceive it.