Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you go to church?

zerox

Roman Catholic here.

I go every Sunday and Holy Day of obligation. I was a lot more lax than I am now, and have had gaps that lasted for months, but after a rather supernatural experience that I had in May, I have yet to miss any obligated day. I also try to go to mass on Fridays now, and as a personal devotion, I went almost every day in June during my lunch break. I'm also trying to go to confession once a month now, as I would go years in between before this year. 

• Brohoof 2

I generally don't, but I will attend some special events at the church my family attends. Most of my family are Catholic, while I consider myself to be a classical Deist. Explaining that to my family was a bit awkward because they wanted me to also be Catholic. 

(edited)

I went to Bible School/Church when I was baby and toddler.  However, first, a priest try to baptize  me when I was a baby but I freaked out and he didn't. Secondly, when I was 4-5ish  I pointed logical holes in the Jonah and the Whale story , that  I made my fellow classmates cry and I got kicked out. I haven't stepped inside a church since

Edited by The Cynical Lone Wolf

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Having started to run a Jedi Temple myself I attend regularly. I hold lectures most weekends we are working on building the clergy program as well. This is an amazing journey. 

no since i am an atheist, but i wonder what'a a church like from the inside. i live in a country with too less churches so i only saw them in movies,,, and i would like to go see how it's like one day. :yay:

(edited)

No, I used to be taken to church when I was a kid but I stopped going when I didn't have to anymore as I kind of wasn't really that interested and think there's probably no God which defeats the purpose of religion. I don't have a problem with church or those who have faith though, it's just not for me.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

(edited)

I'm Catholic and would like to go weekly but admittedly I don't always manage it. Scheduling problems are the biggest obstacles and I should work harder to overcome them. But I love going to church. If I don't go in person I like to watch a Mass on EWTN. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 3

• 4 years later...

Nope! Thank God!! (See what I did there? ;))

Church back when I was a believer was as boring as watching paint dry. Now listening to a service disturbs me. I've been exposed a lot to the Pentecostal/Charismatic/"Non-denominational" bubble of belief a lot in the past couple of years and that is quite a change from my childhood church. As in, it's going to make me lose sanity because it is so... detached from reality, and the people are the most rotten Christians, the ones that are driving Christianity into the ground in the USA with their hate, greed, and idolatry.

If I have to hear/read "let no weapon formed against me prosper", "washed in the blood of Jesus", "I know it's witchcraft!", "prodigal child" or any other disturbing evangelical-speak phrase even one more time, I will scream and pull all of my hair out.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

I am not really a religious or spiritual person, but I went to church the other day for the first time in a long time with my mom as she usually goes alone and I wanted to accompany her. The priest actually gave a good homily that really appealed to some things that were on my mind as of recent. I think every religion has something that can be applicable to everyone's lives as it tries to appeal to the original point of purpose and much more in life. I can see why people would like to go to church and it really doesn't bother me, unfortunately there are other people who aren't as respectful about it.

• Brohoof 1