Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you go to church?

zerox

18 minutes ago, Frulre said:

I used too. I am a maverick christian. But i tend to just excercise then play FF3 remake on steam, which for some reason i hate playing but i cant stop playing it. I actually hate the whole final fantasy series, and yet i just try to beat it. FF3 i almost beat but i just deleted the save file for no reason because i just didnt wanna beat it or play more, like i literally got to Xande so i was almost done on level 55 so if i just grinded more. And guess what... i just restarted it. -_-

stupid question but what's a maverick christian?

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, zerox said:

stupid question but what's a maverick christian?

I pick and choose stuff that suits in terms of the bible, but i ignore the rest that it demands. A maverick means someone who opposes something.

• Brohoof 1

I do go, mainly because I don't think of church as this place of shaming and disowning people for what they are like some people think of it as, but many in my experience are places where those who have had issues in their life before and can share in a common belief, and to help with their problems in life - lift weight off their shoulders. Now, some do have very strict thoughts and opinions on things, sometimes to the point where people really dislike it, but I think you just gotta ignore those people and not let a couple of places or people change your thoughts on a whole thing (in this case, church). 

I've had a pretty awful time for the past 5 or so years, and going to church recently has really helped with it. I'm feeling way less depressed, and I felt very bad, to the point where I was hurting people, as well as making them feel bad all the time. I'm also feeling a sense of peace.

I'm respectful if you practice another religion, or aren't religious at all though - I'm OK with whatever you think, I won't try to convert you or anything. I'll respect your space, let's say.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Nightshroud aint got the time for that. I do pray every so often.

and watch Jesus Christ superstar and Joseph and the amazing technicolor dream coat.

Edited by Nightshroud

I'm not a religious person, but I go to church once a year on Remembrance Sunday, with the family and importantly my Grandma & Grandpa. However, since my Grandpa, who fought in World War II passed away in 2013, and the vicar of the church (who also taught me religious studies at school and knew quite well) left in 2014, I had no interest in the whole 'religious service' aspect of the occasion, because the one time I have gone since, there was no energy and sense of familiarity I'd had all my life going to them up until that point. I'd still go for the procession of remembrance for fallen soldiers in memory of my Grandpa and support of my Grandma out of traditions sake, but when everyone goes inside the church, I go do something else. My family understand, and that's good to know.

Hell, the only other time I've been to church in the last few years OUTSIDE of that yearly day was my Mum's funeral. So yeah, as you could tell, church isn't something I regularly partake in.

We try to go every Saturday but we have been going once every two weeks because of things going on and I'm not really happy with it personally. I actually find it very fascinating as I'm compering the readings to my personality and how it works. It's also explained the workings of lots of things to me and that's the thing that keeps me attending church. :)

• Brohoof 2

I never go to the church on my own.

I had to go to the church, when i was a child, but never after that. I think a God could exist, thats not the problem, but i have simply no interest in going to the church. Its boring and i just dont have time for that.

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Lex Destrosio said:

I never go to the church on my own.

I had to go to the church, when i was a child, but never after that. I think a God could exist, thats not the problem, but i have simply no interest in going to the church. Its boring and i just dont have time for that.

Have you ever hung out with people that think a god exists?
o3o

(edited)

I go to church every sunday apart from when I'm on holiday. I'm Catholic and honestly it's a bit boring sometimes because it's the same stories every easter and christmas but I like it most of the time

Edited by Kalani.
Incorrect spelling

Being an agnostic atheist (meaning, I don't know if there are any deities but I don't think so) I don't really attend church. I've been in a lot of churches because the older ones, especially in Rome, are sometimes stunningly beautiful to see, but I was there for the art and the architecture and not for any spiritual reasons.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, KatonRyu said:

I've been in a lot of churches because the older ones, especially in Rome, are sometimes stunningly beautiful to see, but I was there for the art and the architecture and not for any spiritual reasons.

I'm a strong atheist. But I like visiting old churches as a tourist for reasons that gave Katonryu.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, KatonRyu said:

Being an agnostic atheist (meaning, I don't know if there are any deities but I don't think so) I don't really attend church. I've been in a lot of churches because the older ones, especially in Rome, are sometimes stunningly beautiful to see, but I was there for the art and the architecture and not for any spiritual reasons.

Yes, the architecture of the cathedrals and the like in Europe from the middle ages and the Renaissance are just downright gorgeous. In addition, there was some very beautiful music for the church composed during those eras. I'm afraid that still wouldn't make me want to actually attend a Mass service. I'd love to see the architecture in person - on my own time without sitting around listening to boring stuff that I don't see having any basis in reality.