Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you go to church?

zerox

• 2 weeks later...

I don't go anymore due to a plethora of things pertaining to family and such. Sadly and honestly, I don't think I personally belong in a church anymore and while I do love attending youth group when as I was a teen, it was all just a faint distant memory from a time I hardly don't want to remember anymore. 

• Brohoof 1

On 5/2/2017 at 10:42 AM, Someguyinablazer said:

I think that's a question for him to answer. 

It's actually a simple logic question.
Why would God, of all people, be trying to kill you?
He's got bigger things to deal with and a single human life. o3o

28 minutes ago, The_Gobo said:

It's actually a simple logic question.
Why would God, of all people, be trying to kill you?
He's got bigger things to deal with and a single human life. o3o

I the workings to this from a dream I had a while ago. The main reason he does this is to move the being to another location in the universal timeline. So that person will then be immediately reborn in the past or future. Maybe even in another universe but the majority of people have been moved to the city of Troneon that was established around 50 into the future from now. I've also got intentions of creating a perfect society and possibly I ended up creating Troneon. I've also been questioning if I'm developing into God or not but there's a lot of things that I've noticed about myself that is very strange when you think about it. Like how I work is like half computer half human. Plus I'm already somehow able to do some things with my mind like I've changed traffic lights and train signals and even toggled things to happen. I even have memories of future events in my head somehow but still I truly don't know how I'm able to do these sort of things. :)

9 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

I the workings to this from a dream I had a while ago. The main reason he does this is to move the being to another location in the universal timeline. So that person will then be immediately reborn in the past or future. Maybe even in another universe but the majority of people have been moved to the city of Troneon that was established around 50 into the future from now. I've also got intentions of creating a perfect society and possibly I ended up creating Troneon. I've also been questioning if I'm developing into God or not but there's a lot of things that I've noticed about myself that is very strange when you think about it. Like how I work is like half computer half human. Plus I'm already somehow able to do some things with my mind like I've changed traffic lights and train signals and even toggled things to happen. I even have memories of future events in my head somehow but still I truly don't know how I'm able to do these sort of things. :)

I don't understand, that sounds like the ravings of a drunken madman to me O_o

• Brohoof 1

17268038_104216710114350_525816262321556

Yes. I do attend Mass on Sunday. I rarely mention my faith on here, but I don't hide it all that much either. The lyrics and animatic above showcase one reason my faith has grown over the years, including recently. 

• Brohoof 3

49 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Yep, I am a Christian!

But... that wasn't...

*Facepalm*
Please tell me you've heard the phrase 'going to church makes you no more a christian than going to McDonalds makes you a hamburger"

17 minutes ago, The_Gobo said:

But... that wasn't...

*Facepalm*
Please tell me you've heard the phrase 'going to church makes you no more a christian than going to McDonalds makes you a hamburger"

Oh, now. You're reading far too much into a simple response.

I can totally see the mindset of the individual in making that post. Originally they were going to just say "Yup", but that wouldn't be enough characters, so they added "I'm a Christian". because it's logical and makes sense.

I mean the only generalization you could misinterpret out of that response is that because someone is Christian they go to church, but that most certainly wasn't their intention. It was more "I go to church, and I'm a Christian".

You kind of took it the opposite direction for reasons I do not understand.

• Brohoof 1

Shouldn't be MADE to go. But if you're there you can learn what other people think of the world.

Even if you don't agree with it.

19 minutes ago, The_Gobo said:

But if you're there you can learn what other people think of the world.

You can learn the exact same things outside of it.

The same knowledge you pick up within 4 walls is the same freely available knowledge you find outside of them. The only real difference is how it is possibly presented.

And I don't go to them to worship... but I do find some very beautiful architectural structures and well worth visiting for the ambience.

• Brohoof 1

There's a difference between learning in a classroom and learning in the field.

Like the difference between being a professional and being an expert.

One talks about a subject, the other performs it.

I go because my family does and it would be weird if I didn't. But I wouldn't consider myself religious...spiritual is a much better word.

Having to go to a building to be taught about truth seems silly when I'm perfectly capable of seeking truth in my own time.

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

I have only two reasons why I would go to church. The first reason is a marriage in my family or my circle of friends and the second would be a funeral in my family/circle of friends. But beside this, I don't see a reason for me to go into the church. I am not a member of the church and I am also not religious.