Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anypony go paintballing?

The real PON-3

The first time I went paintballing my little bro pronounced it "pitbull". It was hilarious, to me at that moment.

But from that point I never went again, but I can certainly say it was really entertaining. I owned everyone.

Well, if you want to start out basic,  You can usually get a single shot CO2 paintball gun at some hardware stores / super centre's such as wal*mart for pretty cheap.

If you're really set on it, Invest in a High pressure air (HPA) E-marker. They require batteries to run (electronic boards). They are expensive but can shoot around 13+ BPS.

As for extra's, It's usually best to go online and buy a pair of padded paintball pants, They not only lessen the impact but will help if you need to kneel or go prone. Along with that, get a jersey that's 1-2 sizes larger then you and get a padded vest to fit underneath.

As for masks, try to get the lightest one you can. Less strain and better vision.

I used to way back in the day before my team switched to airsoft (due to ammo being much much cheaper for airsoft than paintball). I used to run a pretty basic Tippman salvo with some minor customizations like a ACOG optic and some simple vert grips.

However I haven't played in years, due to how much easier and cheaper airsoft guns are to work with.

• 5 years later...

I've been a couple of times, and from my experience it's way more fun if you know all or at least most of the people you go with. In middle school I went with a group of friends and it was so much fun, but when I went a few years ago with only my sister, it was just okay. To be fair, I think most things are like that, though.

I remember when paintballs were a new thing here, and all of a sudden the balls started appearing on the schoolyard at random places. I picked one up and wondered what it was.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

I’ve done laser tag and always enjoyed it. But paintballing is another matter. I’ve never done it because I could never find anyone interested in doing it with me. In any case I imagine it would take a lot of equipment and protective gear to make it workable. I’d love to try it though.

• Hugs 1

I went paintballing once, worst day out of my life.

The gear badly fit and as soon as I put on the helmet it fogged up until I couldn't see a thing.

And the idea of playful paint harmlessly splattering you? Most of the time they just bounced off me which could really hurt. I can't help but think if they had burst on me it would have softened the impact.

I couldn't see and I got told off by the staff for taking my helmet off between rounds even though we weren't even on the field at the time.

Then the staff finally noticed they adjusted my gear, fixed my helmet and I thought things were turning around. But in the very next battle, a paintball grazed past my neck and left a painful bruise as thick as a 2 pence piece in a stripe across my neck. And I swore, never again.

My advice, do laser tag instead. Similar principal by way safer.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve only gone as far as laser tagging in the arcades, not really interested in paintball, and I would rather much prefer to be playing airsoft, but too bad with me living in Australia, they won’t allow such a thing to be legalised. :okiedokieloki: