Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anypony even like the old generations?

Zach TheDane

(edited)

I prefer the animation of Escape from Midnight Castle over the animation of the show MLP 'n friends.

I think the first animation fits a more edgy/action-packed tone, while the second animation fits a more comedic/cutesy one.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 2

i love all the older generations and i think they all have something special!!! :D G1 was the original ofc and the show can be really fun to watch. its stupid but at the same time its adorable.G2 is cute even though it never got a tv show, but it did have its computer game which i love for the way it feels really cute and magical while also having a very eerie old pc game vibe lol :ooh: G3 is my second fav generation after G4!!! its cute and childish and probably the most colorful sweet version of mlp plus i adore the toys from this gen :> 

G3.5 however..... we can just forget that happened

• Brohoof 1

I like Escape from Catrina because it not only introduces Catrina but also focuses on how (drug) addiction affects the addicts' loved ones.

It showed how they can hold on with strength and love, even when they become trapped because of them.

It showed how they would be there for them, in the worst times and in redemption.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Ffurrygirlsdaily%2Fstatus%2F1357469560216064000&psig=AOvVaw1aFuOs9N84XiLHvtHOINwR&ust=1653743622373000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAwQjRxqFwoTCPDv7c7h__cCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAR

EtZqpCuVIAMM1NM.jpg

• 5 months later...

Never cared for MLP at all until a fateful time at university where a brony recommended me FIM. If not were for it, I wouldn’t have watched my beloved pastel horses. I think I’ve mocked it at first, but was indifferent later until FIM.

today, can’t say I’m anything more than indifferent over past gens currently, despite having watched all of the first G1 show a few months ago

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

My Little Pony and Friends and My Little Pony Tales slap honestly, but g.3 is hit or miss, it's a weird take, some how Princess Promenade what I consider to be the worst piece of MLP content I've ever seen, is the highest rated MLP film? Meanwhile A Very Minty Christmas is rated like trash and I thought it was actually kind of good lol... But I am biased for Christmas, but at least in it, there are character defectives that influence the story, a little adventure in the plotline, a unique portrayal of ponies personalities, lol, PP is just, "lolz ur a princess, now wut?"

• 2 weeks later...

My birthmom grew up with the pre FIM era but I never watched it. Fim was always more my thing because of the amount of lovable characters it has.

(Also. its super nostalgic seeing the photobucket siggys in the early replies on this thread)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just finished My Little Pony 'n Friends and I liked it. I feel like a couple of the episodes' endings were a bit rushed but it was still a good watch. Soon I'm going to give Tales a good ol' watch and move on from there.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do. In fact, I walked into the previous gens to find the best things about them. For G1, there were certain ponies (Firefly, Wind Whistler, Sweetheart, Sweet Stuff, Bon Bon, Lancer, and Clover) and the villains (especially Tirac, Grogar, and Somnambula). In G3, there was Minty, Star Catcher, Wysteria, A Very Minty Christmas, and Twinkle Wish Adventure. Always good to look for diamonds in a coal mine.

• 1 month later...

Kind of a pointless question. If no one really liked the older gens, we very well would not have g4 and g5 even as a concept, and the franchise as a whole still around some 40 years later. So the answer is yes- there were (and still are) people who enjoy(ed) the older generations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My grandma used to collect all the original ponies and had all of them. I used to play with them all the time as a kid, so I have a soft spot for the old ponies. I’ve never watched the cartoons though 

• 1 month later...

For me it seems to be I like and hate every other generation lol 

G1 - good

G2 - horrible

G3 - okay

G3.5 - bad and disgusting art style

G4 - THE BEST!

G5 - not for me, it's a modern version of G2

Edited by Lunaholic