Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony else like to go to really old threads and go "Wow! History!"?

Heavenly Inexplicit

I refuse to go back to the debate symposium... On the other hand, there are some both cringe and good ones from my old posts. 

• 8 months later...
On 10/12/2020 at 3:56 AM, ExplosionMare said:

I love how the Last Poster Wins thread has been going since 2011

And it still doesn't serve its purpose. No one has been able to win since then.

And wow, History!

Looking at older threads doesn’t seem all that ancient really. I mean, it’s only been a few years in most cases. When I look at my own posts I realize I haven’t changed much at all. If anything I think I was just a bit more articulate back when I first signed up, and spoke more eloquently than I do now (now I just slam down the first thoughts that come into my head onto my posts). In terms of others here, there has been some subtle changes in character here and there, but everyone is still themselves. Circumstances may have changed for some, but general personality and viewpoints haven’t changed all that much. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Wow! History?!

Honestly I like to go look on old posts on forums I used to post on and such. I like to compare how I was then to how I am now. Not only that it’s just interesting and cringeworthy seeing things I posted in my teenage years.

• 6 months later...

I do like to look at the oldest threads. They are so interesting! As I only became a fan of MLP in 2018, I don't know everything that was going on during those early years of the fandom so yes, they are very interesting and informative, especially the ones where people explain how they became bronies and how people reacted to such back when bronies were new!

• Brohoof 1

Not so much "wow history!" But the fact that one can revive them is why I read them, unlike most other places.

Occasionally I find something on page 230 or so and I find it interesting how once it gets drug back to the front page, it appears to live again for a while, regardless if it hasn't been touched in 9 years and started in 2011 or whenever. 

• 1 year later...

Indeed this can be very interesting and I do it sometimes. You can learn often something. Forums are in principle times machines wich preserve conservations