Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone know who Juniper Montage even is?

DPBOX

Hello, I just watched the Dance Magic, Movie Magic, and Mirror Magic Equestria Girls Specials. The second and third ones feature a villain named Juniper Montage. https://derpibooru.org/images/2590921?q=juniper+montage In the third episode, she powers up and looks like this. https://derpibooru.org/images/1679362?q=juniper+monstar The writing involving this character in these episodes, especially her powered up form, is god awful, but I think the design of her powered up from is just so awesome and I really like it! I wanted to see what this form would look like as a pony, but I couldn't really find anything on derpiboru, just 2 images of this form as a pony, and neither are what I was imagining what the pony version of the form would look like. In fact, I couldn't really find any drawings on derpiboru of this form from scratch either. I mostly just found a bunch of screen shots of the episode she appears in rather than actual art. Not only that, but I would also expect to see a lot of images where the form has a big bust, too, and I couldn't really find any of those, either.

So does anyone even know this character? I keep thinking that the reason why there isn't much art of this character is because she's either super unpopular, super unknown, or both. Am I right? Why isn't there a lot of actual art of this cool-looking form? I want to see more!

I know now. It's probably because the specials she's in are very overlooked, the reason for her lack of popularity. Seriously, I thought I had watched every EQG special until I heard of Mirror Magic and Movie Magic. :Thorax:

I think the reason is because Juniper Montage isn't very memorable. She's the thief in movie magic, the monster in Mirror Magic, and that's pretty much it. We don't get to see a redemption arc, song, or what happened to her after she became friends with the main 7. Juniper was more or less just there to play the villain role in the specials, nothing else.

(edited)

In the special she appears in as a villain, she was overshadowed by Starlight making her EQG debut

Edited by Megas

The fact that she's not even noticeable or memorable is exactly what her character is in universe so it works on a meta level. She even says herself before she found that memory erasing stone that nobody ever seemed to pay attention to her. A quick montage flashback of her being present in the main EQG films, even though she literally doesn't appear in any of the films until the specials even shows that nobody seems to care for her

57 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

The fact that she's not even noticeable or memorable is exactly what her character is in universe so it works on a meta level. She even says herself before she found that memory erasing stone that nobody ever seemed to pay attention to her. A quick montage flashback of her being present in the main EQG films, even though she literally doesn't appear in any of the films until the specials even shows that nobody seems to care for her

That’s Wallflower Blush, not Juniper Montage

Honestly I forgot about her completely, but to be fair I've watched EqG  movies/special etc only once. After seeing a picture of I her, I remember her. Actually I remember more Starlight's EqG Form, because she isn't memorable.  I completely forgot her name and when I was reading the topic's title I was thinking about Ralof from Skyrim^^

• 2 years later...