Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite generation of MLP (FiM DOES NOT COUNT!)

I Love Rarity

I have to say G1. Especially the original TV special 'Midnight Castle'. The follow-on special, movie, and series didn't *quite* live up to the whiplash bright/dark tone of the first special, but it was still more my taste than the later generations. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Personally myself, I like all generations of MLP. I know a lot of older adult MLP fans like me don't like G1-G3 but personally I like everything MLP, and I'm sure there's at least one adult MLP fan other than me that likes all generations of MLP. In fact, I actually personally know one! :winking-izzy:

Edited by Princess Sunny
  • Brohoof 1

It’s G5 by quite a bit. I haven’t watched a ton of G1 or Pony Tales besides Scootertrix’s parodies which are amazing. And G3 is fine, it has its moments here and there!

I think all the generations are valid honestly and really dislike when people act as if G4 is the only generation worthy of being talked about or watched. Not an issue at all on here thankfully but you see it a lot in certain other pony communities…

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1

Well I didn't watch G3 yet, there is G1, I watched the movie and the first 16 episodes of the tv series, I liked it so far but I think the villains are too boring and that took away my excitement to continue the series, I intend to watch the rest at some point but it won't be now.

There is Pony Life / G4.5, as far as I saw it I thought it was very fun, but the lack of a storyline arc didn't really excite me to see the rest either, but I intend to continue (I know telling big stories ins't the purpose of the series, it's just my personal preference)

And there is G5, and I watched all of it, and yeah, I think it's my favorite generation excluding G4, but because of the stories it tells, the characters and the villains only (specially Opaline, she's my favorite in this franchise), I think the world with modern technology present in this generation is really sucky, it fells lackluster in my opinion, I prefer much more the simple and fantastic world seen in G1, and specially the fantasy worlds mixed with some of the modern reality seen in G4 and even Pony Life.

I hope in the next story the G5 Equestria or Pony Land or whathever explodes or something bad happens to it and everyone is forced to live in a setting more similar to that of G1/G4/G4.5, no wonder why Bridlewood is the only scenery I like in this generation, Zephyr Heights and Maretime Bay just look uninspired and boring for me, I think it was really good to see a big city like Manehattan in some episodes from FiM, but every episode? Meh, if they don't want to make something like Ponyville again then I think they should at least make a scenery like Canterlot, a mix of Middle Ages and Modern era.

I do like the concept of Zephyr Heights being above the clouds though, so where there should be water you actually see clouds, but for me that's not enough.

• Delighted Giggle 1