Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is your favorite MLP villain?

Shiny Silvermoon

Not so long ago, I began to ask a few of my friends about their favorite villain in My Little Pony for no reason but curiosity! :oh_golly:

Mine is actually Chrysalis! That's what I said to my friends but I realized that I like Nightmare Moon equally! Yes, really! And it doesn't have anything to do with my connection with the moon if you are wondering! However, Chrysalis has a cool design! But Nightmare Moon too! Awwww! It's too hard to choose one! :worry:

Wait! Could Nightmare Chrysalis exist? :pinkie:

1682296281953357997351912755256.jpg.3fbfd0317cd57a4c16c874d1bac0fea0.jpg

"The Hive Will Last Forever!"

Aaaaanyway! Now, I wanted to know the favorite MLP villain of EVERY SINGLE PONY!!! :eager:

• Brohoof 7

@Shiny Silvermoon

I have gone ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate area: MLP FiM Canon Discussion. 
That is where the canon universe of FiM is discussed.

Thank you :grin:

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, The Wife of Law said:

@Shiny Silvermoon

I have gone ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate area: MLP FiM Canon Discussion. 
That is where the canon universe of FiM is discussed.

Thank you :grin:

Wow! You are making too much of a great job! But are you sure that it's where it belongs to? Sure sure? Sure sure sure? Sure sure sure sure? Fine! You're too strong!

16822984166044042076964185983128.gif.d7e867b0b3c7115e5433715f792ebc8b.gif

• Brohoof 1

Oh, wait. I forgot to answer this!

Discord, Grogar, and Lord Tirek, and King Sombra are my favorites. Nightmare Moon is okay but doesn’t quite make the list.

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 1

Who sayeth you're an angel? pfaahh!

Anyway, I choose Nightmare Moon of course.

5a1f2815b49f8_Nightmare_Moon_5C-My_sister_has_been_imprisoned...5C-_S5E26_SPARKFAN.thumb.jpg.a041b3cccb4c3c912ba1901d571e4030.jpg

Although she's not represented in the show with her fullest potential, the art she inspires is pretty amazing.

night_demon_mare_by_gregan811.thumb.jpg.2b8308ed36aeb37b0889b9cff0f0ac14.jpg

28 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

What do you think my idea about fusing with Chrysalis? You already done it with Rarity... Plus, Chrysalis wouldn't be hard to convince...

I think it's gross! Chrysalis is a bug! EEEEEEWWWWWAH!

ew-my-little-pony.gif

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Crystal Mirage said:

I think it's gross! Chrysalis is a bug! EEEEEEWWWWWAH!

ew-my-little-pony.gif

"Ahh... Shucks!" :sunny:

11 minutes ago, Crystal Mirage said:

Who sayeth you're an angel? pfaahh!

"Awwww! You break my heart by saying something so mean to me! Actually, my heart is in this tiny chest!" Shiny takes out a tiny chest and open it in front of Nightmare Moon. There would be nothing inside except a small spider web. "Oh no! My heart disappeared! That must mean you stole it!" The unicorn winked at her.

• Brohoof 1

Tempest Shadow :wub:

I loved everything about this character. From the motives that made her "evil", through voice, facial expressions, acting - calm, focused, with a plan [...]  - everything was perfect.  For me, she wasn't good only at being just a villain, she's one of the top characters in the MLP universe. Really top. Something like TOP3. It's a pity... she had so little time. I don't know if she appeared in the comics because I haven't read

I also like Opaline a lot, but I don't know if that still fits in the topic. I hope she becomes more confrontational in the next chapter and doesn't become such a joke - a ranged troublemaker only.

Edited by nataalya
  • Brohoof 1

Discord.

I mean, when was actually an intentional villain in season 2. I always liked the fact that his goal wasn't just world domination, but also making everything as crazy as possible. His method of toying with Mane 6 was also pretty dastardly and creative. Can't help but enjoy his antics in those two episodes.

• Brohoof 2

My favourite?

That's easy, Discord...

His chaos magic is an absolute joy to watch, even as a villain he stood out from the crowd as at his core he wasn't the typical "I want to destroy/enslave the world" kind of villain, more of "I just want to make a complete mess for my entertainment" type of a villain. 

The scene, where he drinks chocolate milk... or should I say, the glass and then tosses chocolate milk inside to explode behind him is a gold for me. Having him reformed made me happy as it meant I will get to see even more of his shennanigans, minus the harm they may inflict on others. And his friendship with Fluttershy is absolutely adorable.

So yes, basically, I love Discord from MLP the most as far as villains are concerned. 

• Brohoof 2

The King of Shadows. Child of the Umbrum. Emperor of Monsters.

img-2747076-1-138582__safe_wallpaper_spo

• Brohoof 2

My favorite MLP "villain" once bad, now good is Tempest Shadow. I've always thought of her as good, though. :Tempest:

1 hour ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

Snails? :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 3

Starlight Glimmer is my favourite bad guy. :arethosehands:

I feel like her character is deeply relatable and that a degree of empathy that can felt for circumstances, flaws and misunderstandings

Her good side is also up to interpretation and her anxiety problems is highly relatable.   :scoots:

6 hours ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

My favourite?

That's easy, Discord...

His chaos magic is an absolute joy to watch, even as a villain he stood out from the crowd as at his core he wasn't the typical "I want to destroy/enslave the world" kind of villain, more of "I just want to make a complete mess for my entertainment" type of a villain. 

The scene, where he drinks chocolate milk... or should I say, the glass and then tosses chocolate milk inside to explode behind him is a gold for me. Having him reformed made me happy as it meant I will get to see even more of his shennanigans, minus the harm they may inflict on others. And his friendship with Fluttershy is absolutely adorable.

So yes, basically, I love Discord from MLP the most as far as villains are concerned. 

Sums up everything perfectly of him @Sir Hugsalot:squee:  

In season 2, he had that attitude to be feared by everypony:ithastolookpretty:  

• Brohoof 1

In G4 (and overall), my favorite was Cozy Glow. I don't see her on these lists often, but I enjoyed the contrast of a cute filly being an evil mastermind. :sneer: It would have been great if there had been more background to her story, but even what we got is enough to make her my favorite. Really a kind of villain I never expected to see (and her not getting reformed was an even bigger surprise).

In G5, it's easily Misty (my favorite G5 pony in general). The awkwardness makes her so cute and funny. I don't expect her to remain a villain for long, but she's been great in the comedy villain role so far, even if I sometimes feel sorry for her (especially in TYT).

• Brohoof 3

Definitely Chrysalis.

She was the one villain I really hoped to see reformed above any of the others because I thought it would have a lot of potential in regards to her trying to adapt to actually sharing love rather than trying to drain it from others. She was also my favourite character design and personality out of the villains. I actually cheered her on during the aftermath of her defeat at the hands of Starlight. "Go on Chrssy! Take her hoof! You're not a bad girl at heart!" But alas, it wasn't to be. :P

After that, I sort have always had a pitying empathy towards her. Especially when she was creating the Mean 6 and later on talking to a log. Poor Chryssy. She wasn't really a bad girl. She was just really lonely and made some bad decissions. Very bad decisions... :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Starlight Glimmer obviously. She is orderly, ambitious, well intentioned and very intelligent. She did what she did because of her understanding about how "hierarchies are formed off cutie marks" it was a shameless political message that didn't translate well when incorporated with friendship. So ppl say she has a hollow backstory missing the greater picture of what was being insinuated. She is saying that these misconceptions of "importance" separate us from those intended to be in our lives. She is very talented and really just intimidates everyone else and that is the actuality. The Mane Six, showed up in her village, she didn't show up in Ponyville. I have a lot of context on her character.

On 2023-04-24 at 8:53 AM, Ashen Pathfinder said:

img-2747076-1-138582__safe_wallpaper_spo

OMG, YES.

Just yes.

However awesome a villain he may be though, the Pony of Shadows will always take first place for me personally. 

But Sombra ties with Nightmare Moon for best villain character design in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Another thing that the World Cup helped me to realize : My favorite vilain is Nightmare Moon! Chrysalis will always have a special place in the darkside of my heart but now I know that Nightmare Moon is my number one! :izzy-shine:

• Brohoof 2

On 2023-04-24 at 10:33 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Snails? :mlp_icwudt:

*WhY iS iT cAlLeD a FlEa mArKeT wHeN tHeY dOn'T aCtUaLlY sElL FlEaS??*  :muffins:

5 minutes ago, Aurora876 said:

OMG, YES.

Just yes.

However awesome a villain he may be though, the Pony of Shadows will always take first place for me personally. 

But Sombra ties with Nightmare Moon for best villain character design in my opinion.

But Pony of Shadows tho--

Best villain:

-backstory

-voice

-redemption arc

-character design (Right after Sombra and Moon)

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...