Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is your favorite male character in MLP?

WolfyIsAQT

• The title was changed to Who is your favorite male character in MLP?
1 hour ago, Tacodidra said:

No mentions of poor Spike? :BornAgainBrony: He's my pick – sure, not all of his portrayals were perfect, but he was a crucial part of the cast and was there from day one. :rarity:

You know what? You are absolutely right. Spike deserves a place in any 'best male character' list. My boy was there right from the start, being Twilight's voice of reason and having his own moments too.

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spike is an essential part of the main Friendship is Magic cast, and I will stand by that. His focus episodes tend to be fairly bad, but his progression from Season 1 all the way to 9 was palpable. Twilight promoting Spike to her friendship councilor was one of my favorite parts of Season 9, since it was a perfect culmination of both his growth and the close bond he had with her from the very beginning. In general, Spike is the only character in this series to have a more or less upward trajectory in my eyes. Most other characters are all over the place.

Discord could have qualified in the earlier seasons, but Seasons 8 and especially 9 ruined that. Big Mac could qualify as well thanks to Brotherhooves Social alone, but his episodes mostly focused on Sugar Belle toward the end, and those were mostly just decent, rather than truly great.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For me it's between Cheese Sandwich And Shining Armor

Cheese Sandwich for being a silly Weird Al Pony

And Shining Armor for being loyal af to his wife:wub:

• Brohoof 2

You know I'm gonna be completely honest here, when I was, like, 8 I thought RD was a male. Anyways, as for my favorite male, it's definitely a very hard tie between Gallus Discord and Tirek

• Brohoof 1