Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

whos your favorite g4 background/side character?

miu

i want to pay attention to more side characters more, cause they have such pretty designs! :pinkie: so i was curious what your favorite side characters are, and why?

mines coco pommel, she has a very pretty design ^_^IMG_2770.webp.80dda091c1422a937f62a28a4dbe5565.webp

• Brohoof 6

A few cute, curly-maned individuals :BrightMacContent:
large.gife5557b963bc3bd1a11699f18f2e9abd50f69f8b9
I'm not sure if I have a real reason why I like them, other than "I just think they're neat!" :please:

• Brohoof 4
  • smile 3

OH MY GOSH i absolutely love all of these ponies! they have such pretty designs especially octavia :pinkie:

• Brohoof 5
  • Excited 1

The thumbnail for this thread in the activity feed says it all. :proud:

Spoiler

cocoobviously.png.0d9d275c0156255e3f3d9d8824c59277.png

Coco is obviously my favorite side character, while Strawberry Scoop is best background pony. :eager:

1734162.png

• Brohoof 7

• 3 weeks later...

Vinyyyll scraaatchhh

for side characters eerrmmm i love thorax (primarily before he reformed)

cherry berry is another fav of mine as well

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I'd totally say Derpy, but to go with a less obvious choice imma actually say Minuette!

Minuette_ID_S5E12.webp

Edited by XxR3ckl3ss
Added a picture

• 2 weeks later...

For side character, Hmmm, no one mentioned Celestia here..., so it's either because nobody cares about her or she's just not a side character...I don't know, she's not that recurring, she's not part of the Mane Six or CMC, not so relevant as Starlight...., I'm really not sure, if she counts as a side character then that's it, I really like her design and personality, someone who is seen as extremely strong and even a deity, above all, respectful, a example to everyone, very serious when talking about chaotic situations and enemies, sent Cozy Glow to jail.

But when she's not being seen by anyone she secretly eats a whole cake, during conversations and political lectures she has to pretend to be smiling, during gala balls she likes something crazy to happen so she doesn't get bored, she had fun with Discord's games unlike everyone, wanted to participate in a children's theater in which she acts in a horrible way, all of these really make me enjoy her a lot, not only do the in-universe characters not expect these attitudes from her, but also the viewers ourselves, I think her character is a great contrast to Luna, who is all serious and dramatic (this now makes me about that I might be one of the 3 people who likes her more than Luna :sunbutt:), I really wish there was more episodes centered on her (and also her sister :orly:), A Royal Problem, Horse Play and Between Dark and Dawn are some of my all time favorites, her having to deal with Luna's problem's was pure gold, I think it's kind of sad that so far I've only seen fans making fun of her, I think they worked well her character in the show and I understand why she doesn't help during crisis events.

If Celestia doesn't count, then...I don't have a definitive favorite...the ones I can remember for now are the two pie sisters Maud and Limestone, can't choose between only one of them, I really like how much they can express even though they only have one type of reaction to everything everytime, really wish Limestone got her own episode just like Maud (more than twice, I think Marble deserved one too even though she's not one of my favorites)

For background characters, Derpy just catches the attention of everyone so she's my obvious favorite, but for something different, then Lily Lace, I think her design is really cool and how it reminds me of Fluttershy makes me like it even more.

full(2).thumb.png.d03f4cd8bd46627e3104c0e195dc7489.png