Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is your favorite character from equestria girls and why

HeavenSunset

My favorite character is Sunset Shimmer and get ready for a wall of text.

All her solo songs are perfect.  I have absolutely no idea why Hasbro decided to have the song "What More is Out There" be a solo Sci-Twi song instead of having it be a duet between Sunset and Sci-Twi.  FUN FACT! Sunset and Twilight have different voice actors, but Twilight's singing voice is Rebecca Shoichet(I think that's how you spell her name), who also is Sunset's voice and singing actor.  So, in conclusion for the FUN FACT, Sunset and Twilight have the same person for their singing voice actor!

Sunset Shimmer is best character ever! She always gets the best stories, songs, you name it. The best MLP movies are Rainbow Rocks, where she gets so much character growth, and Forgotten Friendship, which is her first solo movie(finally! ). But I feel like she doesn't get as much love for her villain time as she should. Have you seen the faces Sunset makes?! She is good at everything she does, and she so deserves at this point to be an alicorn princess. Why Hasbro decided to make Sunset start sharing the spotlight with SCITWI, of all characters, I have no idea. The fact that she is confined to EQG is kind of annoying, too. I think that it's understandable to like Twilight Sparkle a little more than Sunset, but I will have a hard time understanding the ponies who think that Sunset Shimmer is a horrible character, or that SciTwi is a better character. Sunset Shimmer is cute, awesome, underrated(mostly villain form for this one, but a little of regular Sunset Shimmer too.)  If you actually take the time to look at what Sunset was doing, you realize her plans were BRILLIANT. And it was all without using any violence(excluding the scene at the end with Twilight's crown, and that was only because the rest of the main 5 were going on and on about how great the person who she was trying to beat and who was also a princess, the thing Sunset wanted to be from the start, was and all her other plans had failed, so she was frustrated and kind of desperate )! For instance, she took the time to break up the human 5's friendship because Rarity ran against her for the Princess of the Spring Fling, and she wanted to reassert her dominance, so she tortured Rarity both with her knowing it and not knowing it. This was all in preparation for when the contest actually mattered; she was trying to get rid of any opposition before the fact. And I'm not even going to get into how awesome she is as a reformed villain! Then came her redemption. Sunset suffered consequences(rebuilding the front of the school, which she had destroyed), and also didn't immediately get forgiven by everyone and their grandma. She literally got the best EQG movie yet for her redemption arc. Another thing about Sunset: in Forgotten Friendship(second-best EQG movie), Sunset leaps in front of the memory stone's magic beam to save her friends from losing their memories. This is the character who deserves to be the Princess of Friendship's prodigy, and frankly, even an alicorn herself.  She can harness the elements of magic herself and fight a raging she-demon to save everyone else. She can sing a very inspirational song about how your past mistakes do not define you, it's what you do to fix those mistakes and earn forgiveness that counts, and grow phoenix wings from just singing the song with none of her friends even around!  All and all, SUNSET SHIMMER IS BEST CHARACTER!

Whoever decided the color scheme for her was a GENIUS. Unlike a lot of ponies, her name is actually reflective of her whole appearance, not just her cutie mark, which is a trait I like my made-up ponies to have.

Sunset was so smart that she was the only person in Canterlot High EVER to make it to the last round of the Academic De-catalog, was Princess Celestia's student, and figured out many of the solutions to the problems happening in the human world(how to defeat the Sirens, why the main 6 were starting to pony up in random places, the source of the magic the main 7 were getting, and how to defeat Midnight Sparkle).

The scene where Sunset jumps in front of the memory stone’s beam was my favorite scene in Forgotten Friendship and the thing that pushed my decision to have her be my all time favorite character, and personally, I think this is the best thing she's ever done.  This was hands down the bravest thing I have ever seen a character on MLP or EQG do, and one of the traits I admire the most in any character is bravery.

Oh, who else noticed that Sunset is EXTREMELY good at getting exactly what she wants?  I noticed in Sunset's Backstage Pass that the movie explained indirectly how she was sooooo good of a villain that she had the school in the palm of her hand.  She acts all innocent and finds out what your greatest personal weakness is. It's AWESOME.

Sunset was an awesome villain, and I don't know why ponies think she isn't.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I also gonna say Sunset Shimmer.

Why? Um...don't you think that everypony already answered that one?

I'll make it simple: Part of the reason is that I have a thing for baddies who choose to become goodies and stay that way. I just really love seeing villains (preferably after long time of villainous behavior) siding with heroes and start doing good things. It just warms my heart when you get this realization that this character makes a great friend when they are not evil. LOVE IT! X3

While design-wise she was pretty cool, as a villain Sunset wasn't that much. She was just another baddie that I knew is gonna get defeated by goodies. But then I saw her working hard to become a better, friendlier and nicer pony girl, and let me tell you: it felt like the worst surgeon ever poorly and bluntly surgically implanted me with love for her...and I loved every second of it. And of course, I loved her in everything that followed RR.

And that's how abruptly ends my tale of How Sunset went from one nasty piece of work

Spoiler

medium.png

to "Oh c'mere, Sunny-buns, you pwetty pony girl <3"

Spoiler

medium.png

• Brohoof 2

Sunset definitely. She didn't leave the greatest first impression on me, because she was kind of a garbage villain, but redeemed Sunset is such a good character. She was one of the main reasons I really liked Rainbow Rocks and it only got better from there.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will just edit this old post and keep other 1 up to date 

Edited by Osoka_Topez
replied to this thread just recently and not realizing l already did before. xD

• 3 weeks later...

Imma have to go with my girl Sunset and my boi Spike. Sunset because she's got more character development (not including Sci-Twi) than any other EG character, and she's got the best quotes ("IT'S NOT ABOUT THE PARAKEET!", "You're about to see how mean I can get!", "Am I the only one who thinks this is overkill?!")

And Spike is the cutest talking doggo ever. Usually dogs are my favourite characters on shows/movies with humans anyways XD

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Sunset Shimmer, Rarity, and one of the shadowbolt high students. I don't remember her name.

Oh dang l realized l replied to this thread before..oh well who cares it's the same answer as last time only this time l mentioned Rarity.

Edited by Osoka_Topez

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
(edited)

I love Sunset Shimmer as she shows a realistic bully redemption arc.

Also, she is so beautiful with a great voice, and a lovely foil to Twilight as the former pupil of Princess Celestia.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

• 1 year later...

In case of to whome I am more attracted

Then my answer would be pinkie pie or maybe fluttershy. 

But as we are talking about who is my favorite character, I will say Rainbow Dash because she is just so cool. 

images-2023-09-14T162744_926.thumb.jpeg.a434cf84b4e7b42438b03740b35a2f1c.jpeg

images-2023-09-14T163254_535.jpeg.139aa6b020054e4cdf10399d6aeec6f6.jpeg

But Sunset Shimmer is also a great character. 

dew0xp5-d704514e-08fc-49a5-9b60-7987cd5a8113.thumb.png.fdd9ab8c9d2d724e336e9160ef40a514.png

images-2023-09-28T102816_316.jpeg.bafe60cfc5cf6a1507ca3d7d26dbf23b.jpeg

So these two would be my favorite characters as they both are just so cool. 

images-2023-09-28T103108_751.thumb.jpeg.a1e064206aaaecb32b74468aa21daedb.jpeg

2148396.png.b06d3c2752f63706f3ed4587b752d5ff.png

• 5 months later...

love Sunset Shimmer, Applejack and Rainbow Dash are both tied for second fav. Scootaloo is third, cause I really like her design (all the Cutie Mark Crusaders are really good design-wise)