Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is your favorite MLP villain?

Shiny Silvermoon

• 1 month later...

images-2023-09-21T065455_862.jpeg.bb53296f70e86ee1d4d29639a9c4b867.jpeg

images-2023-09-21T065148_165.jpeg.323d33933cb2abeaf00c3acc3c800776.jpeg

images-2023-09-21T065139_589.jpeg.029528b2414fa9e471cb3b267485ecbf.jpeg

images-2023-09-21T065158_501.thumb.jpeg.aa5c27bc7fa630faebc63abe840bb753.jpeg

Discord with no doubt. He is clearly the strongest mlp character. 

My another favorite villain is Starlight Glimmer

Starlight_Glimmer-0.thumb.png.6fc1660297d6cb452ef6380690007a03.png

tumblr_inline_nyjt34QjaJ1rjsbp5_640.png.28804737bb786d8abca13b124d4fbae7.png

Creating different timelines was something really cool. She is the only villain who did what she wanted. Every villain was reformed after defeat, but she was an exception. Twilight had to convince her. 

However both of my favorite villains are not villains any more. 

Untitled.thumb.png.454284732d8ef9b9ddce39f16a6daad2.png

images-2023-09-21T081929_388.thumb.jpeg.79b942bc7d42152f0309b2a7def18bdc.jpeg

But that is also good. 

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

Discord, for sure. Nothing beats his crazy antics and the way he messed with the princesses and the Mane Six.

I really, really like the design of King Sombra. The evil unicorn who turned dark and uses fear magic, that's pretty dope.

Starlight Glimmer is really cool and powerful, being able to wield magic even Twilight has trouble with.

Finally, shoutout to Flim & Flam for being the funniest, non world dominating villains they are (beside that one alternate timeline)

• Hugs 1

• 1 month later...

Chrysalis, no doubt.

The season 2 finale always reminds me of Little Mermaid when she disguises as the princess and almost takes over Canterlot.

She definitely won me over in the season 6 finale, with an almost villain victory, considering the only thing that stopped her was Starlight and Thorax, and that was still pretty impressive for an MLP villain, nearly capturing almost every single pony and taking over the whole kingdom, despite being stopped by a traitor to her kingdom.

• Hugs 1

• 3 months later...

Some people find this controversial, but I've gotta say Starlight. She's just so interesting, I kinda wish she could've stayed a petty villain for longer (How she is in The Cutie Re-Mark is my favourite version of her)

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love Tempest, always and forever lol. Chrysalis is also a really good villain. I really loved King Sombra in Fiendship, though his actual show appearances are lacking.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

Can we consider the villains from other generations? Because my favorite villain is Opaline, she was one of the best parts of G5 so far for me, I really enjoy Beerus-like characters (strong, threatening but also comical), I think she's a lot fun to watch, either being a villain or a gag character, some of her scenes really burst me into laugh, "Opaline Alone" is one of my favorites if not my favorite episode from TyT, and the song she sings in the same episode is my favorite song in G5 so far, she's easily my favorite character in G5 as well.

If it's limited to G4, well I like the villains from that generation but I have a problem that they all only appear in two episodes, and that for me ends up not being good enough to enjoy them as much as Opaline who took about 20 episodes to be defeated, I like villains that last a long time, that said, my favorite must be Cozy Glow, Chrysalis and Tirek due to their extended appearances specially in Season 9, it was really good to see more of their personalities and them interacting with each other.

I don't count villains who later became good, but if had to, then Discord :umad:

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

Opaline would be my answer too. With Discord a very close second. And Nightmare Moon at third thanks to her being evil Luna with a pretty good backstory. Even if they didn't end up doing that much with her in the end.

• Brohoof 2

I loved Cozy Glow, she was too smart for her age. Starlight was a pretty good one too, I enjoyed her as a villain in s5, but her motivation wasn't that logical.

• Brohoof 2

genuinely tough question. G4 obviously wears the crown for villains, but do you go with Nightmare Moon who began it all, Discord who was voiced by de Lancey, or do you go with the fan-filly Cozy?

personally, I joined the fandom in Season 2 and John de Lancey as an MLP villain is crazy good. The message of harmony vs Discord is perfect, and the interaction between him as a VA and the others is BG3 level. I don't think any villain can compare to season 2 Discord.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lord Tirek :>

I also like really like Discord, but I don't see him as a villain. Same for Starlight.

Other really strong villains in my opinion are Cozy, Chrysalis

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

Probably the Dazzlings, they’re very fun and have good songs

• Hugs 1