Chrysalis (Critique Needed)

Slice0Pie

Very nice!

You did an amazing job with her horn!  Is this your first time working with digital art?  I know it can be tricky and frustrating, and makes you wish you could just draw it all out by hand.

Gimp and Photoshop are a pain for me, even if I do know all the tools.

If I could make a suggestion, you could make her mouth more closed, making it look more snake-like with her tongue slithering between her teeth.  Right now, it looks like she's kinda panting, lol.

But that's just me!...  Maybe I'm giving a bad suggestion...  Sorry!

Edited by StoryTail
  • Brohoof 2

not bad...but i suggest using the line tool next time, it's much easier then doing lineart free hand Paint Tool Sai has an amazing line tool. 

Also always remember to connect your lines, i know it takes awhile but it'll make your work look much better. Also if you find your tablet pen is moving in ways your not wanting you might wanna adjust your tablets settings. 

if you also find you have little black spots in the line art you dont want there, dont be afraid to erase that little area and zoom in alot to draw it back in. The Zoom is your friend you can see mistakes you might not even notice if you didn't use it. 

If you need any more help, there's a link in my sig that has a post with lots of tutorials and resources 

Snout's a bit too tall and broad; too dog-like.

The little black spot on the lower-left of the eye is a bit too prominent and matches the nostril too much; that mixed with the thick, seemingly almost randomly-placed lines on the snout make the whole snout area very difficult to decipher.  At first glance it looks like another little wierd face on it.

The light pink color of the inside of the ear is a bit stark in contrast with her color scheme

Not sure what to make of the 'circle' around the cheek

The strand of hair going over the cheek and front of the neck is indistinguishable form the rest of the hair, which makes her neck seem very oddly-shaped

All these would mostly be quick n easy fixes though, except maybe the snout shape; and otherwise I think it looks good for sure, and you should keep it up! <3

Edited by hip-indeed
  • Brohoof 1

sig-hotbloodpones_zpsa8b474c8.jpg

(Sig art © uc77)