Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Criticism on this new piece?

Veritum

Something I have been working on as a possible avatar for a while...

7wZQN6t.jpg

I would appreciate any criticism on it, besides broken/jagged lines, which I am currently slowly working out. I just want to make sure there aren't any major anatomy issues in case I have to move stuff around and such. 

EDIT: This is now done I believe, thanks to all who helped  :derp:

EDIT V2: Moved the mane a bit to make it more natural

Edited by qMotus
  • Brohoof 2

Well since you asked...

The most prominent problem that I see is that while twilight appears to be at a 3/4 view her snout is drawn like it is at a side view, also her one eye seems to be a bit to low. Other than that I think it's pretty good and if you would like any help or advice with anatomical correctness I would be happy to give any assistance I can.

Edited by spyke

Well since you asked...

The most prominent problem that I see is that while twilight appears to be at a 3/4 view her snout is drawn like it is at a side view, also her one eye seems to be a bit to low. Other than that I think it's pretty good and if you would like any help or advice with anatomical correctness I would be happy to give any assistance I can.

Any better now? I made a quick adjustment to both things you mentioned.

The back of her mane is a tad off and her head is a bit big.

But, you have the colors and anatomy down. A lot of artists completley miss that. Like... bad.

First of all, I really hope that we're all not sounding nitpicky here. But anyway, there's a little light-shaded patch above her right eye, on the extreme top-left of her face. Other than that, I like it a lot, especially how you've handled the shading and the texture of her hair, and actually given her an original expression that clearly isn't lifted straight out of a screenshot of the original 'toon. Good job!

(edited)

First of all, I really hope that we're all not sounding nitpicky here. But anyway, there's a little light-shaded patch above her right eye, on the extreme top-left of her face. Other than that, I like it a lot, especially how you've handled the shading and the texture of her hair, and actually given her an original expression that clearly isn't lifted straight out of a screenshot of the original 'toon. Good job!

HAH, thanks for pointing that out. That's actually an error on my part, when I removed one of the sketch lines I forget to fill in the spot with the fill, so instead it is just showing the background. I'll fix that asap  :muffins:

Also yea, lately I have been trying to nail down my understanding of anatomy by dropping the use of references unless I am completely stumped, then I just ask for any criticism, and fix it from there. Thanks for your input :)

Edited by qMotus