Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Fighting Is Magic Get Away With It In The End

Arctofire

Okay so I just played the game and its awesome, I read the wikipedia page and it said that it was taken down by Hasbro but Lauren Faust helped them create a new version which wouldn't infringe copyright. I want to know, did Faust convince Hasbro to let it stay up or have they just not bothered to take the new version down yet.

• Brohoof 1

The "new version" doesn't have MLP in it at all, so Faust would not have to convince Hasbro of anything. If you're referring to the version of Fighting is Magic that is currently being passed around teh interwebz then that is a revival attempt/side project not affiliated with Mane6.

Edited by TenorSounds
  • Brohoof 1

But what did Faust do to help mane6, it said that she helped them finish it and supply new artwork, and also why did Hasbro take it down.

She's working as a character designer for their new game which, while still a fighting game about four-legged animals, is no longer affiliated with MLP and will not have any MLP characters in it.

As for the original C&D, Fighting is Magic was flying pretty low under the radar until it almost won a spot in one of the biggest fighting game tournaments in the world. This brought it to Hasbro's attention, or at least they couldn't ignore it any longer, and so they had to send the C&D. They didn't want to be seen as passively approving a game where their characters were being so violent, which by law they technically would have if they kept ignoring the game.

It was a shame, since so much work went into it, but it's the only way it could have played out.

So, where can we find this new game? Is it finished now?

It's not finished, Mane6 is still working on it. It looks like their site Mane6.com is having some technical issues, at least I hope so. I haven't checked in months, and I like to think I'd have heard about them canceling the project on EQD or something.

Edited by TenorSounds

I thought Hasbro was suppose to like its fans and wanted its product to spread through the internet, but for some reason the banned a site where people could watch MLP for free that wasn't dailymotion. Why did they do this? 

I thought Hasbro was suppose to like its fans and wanted its product to spread through the internet, but for some reason the banned a site where people could watch MLP for free that wasn't dailymotion. Why did they do this? 

To protect their IP. It's not as simple as "letting it spread through the internet", there are legal matters to consider.

• Brohoof 1