Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ebay...

Simcity11100

Ok so I bought a monitor off of ebay the 9th, waited for it to arrive, didn't receive it about 13 days later, I try to get refund, call ebay for money back, 8 days later, still don't have money after calling them again about 3 days ago, so what now?  Since it's through my parents bank account since I still don't have one, their like "Oh it just takes time", but ebay saying their trying doesn't mean a thing to me, I much prefer seeing action rather than words.  I'm basically trying to get my parents to be persistent with ebay, but they won't call back again cause they think their doing something, I think their not, I think their just letting the scammer run away with the money cause they've had more than enough time to get me my money back.  I think my parents aren't being very smart about the situation and thinking that I'll get the money back eventually, which the way it's going right now isn't going to be the case.  I think I need to convince them to call the credit card company or something and get the money back that way.

Trust me, when ebay says they're doing something, they are, they usually always side with the buyer during all disputes. You only have 30 days after the delivery date to open a case. 

http://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/how-to-help.html

You have to wait until it's past the estimated delivery date before you can open a case (probably the most important part), when you do and the seller doesn't respond for at least 3 days, you're supposed to call ebay to "escalate the case", which will eventually get you your refund. 

It does take some time, but if you don't feel like waiting call them again and say nothing has changed and you want your refund. You should receive your refund via paypal by the email you used to order with.

If ebay refuses to work with you, call your bank and work through it with them, that's usually as a last resort, but you will get your money back.

• Brohoof 2

I think they give sellers more than 13 days to ship items. I've had items take quite some time before receiving them.

Have you contacted the seller?

Ebay tends to side with the buyer even to an unfair point.

Contact the seller. Who knows. You wouldn't want to screw over someone who might legitimately not have been able to send it yet.

Ebay recommends that's the first thing you should do.

But you will get your money back if you've been scammed. That's a guarantee.

If the seller doesn't respond, it makes the process much easier and quicker as they'll look like sketchy motherf*ckers.