Offering Gala dress help!

AmberDust

Hello everypony!

I'm willing to help you with your Gala Dresses/OC designs if you help me with mine!
:please:
Don't worry, I don't ask for much.

So here's the deal, I could design and sketch out a dress/suit for your OC, if you help me with my colour scheme in return! Sound like a good deal? Read on!

I've got a lovely dress in mind for my OC, Amber, but I need your help to figure out the colours!
Here's a good resource: http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes/add
Once again, I've designed something I'm proud of, but got completely stumped when it came to colour schemes. ^^'
Anyways, I'd rather not reveal the dress just yet, but I'll say that I'm looking for about two or three other colours that'll match her scheme. 

Nope, guess not. I've gotten a lot of different suggestions, but I guess its hard to say without a sketch. ^^'

Coat: mint green
Mane: sapphire blue (darker than it is in the drawing. Look at the other pic I uploaded for a more accurate blue.)
Eyes: amber. (Orange-yellow gradient)

So, what colours do you think would look good with this scheme?
And do you need any help with your OC? With your gala dress?
Post your OC here and I'll see what I can do!

Thanks as always!

post-29013-0-51958200-1422900285_thumb.png

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 2

A) That's a pretty damn awesomely fantastic looking OC ;-;

B) Hmmm, since you used pretty much bright colours, perhaps something neutral or dark?

Black and Dark purple comes to mind even burgundy with a hint of yellow would look amazing.

• Brohoof 1

A) That's a pretty damn awesomely fantastic looking OC ;-;

B) Hmmm, since you used pretty much bright colours, perhaps something neutral or dark?

Black and Dark purple comes to mind even burgundy with a hint of yellow would look amazing.

;u; I'm glad you like her. Although her hair is supposed to be a deeper blue...I added a new pic to the original post for reference.

your ideas sound good. :o I'll give them a go.

• Brohoof 1

;u; I'm glad you like her. Although her hair is supposed to be a deeper blue...I added a new pic to the original post for reference.

your ideas sound good. :o I'll give them a go.

- Black with streaks of yellow

- Burgundy with yellow

- A dark emerald green would look very nice and compliment her overall colours

- Anything that's dark and can have a splash of light colours would generally fit in, although Orange would be a bit too much colour c:

Oh yeah, and in the second image, ignore the ones with blue/violet coats.

- Black with streaks of yellow

- Burgundy with yellow

- A dark emerald green would look very nice and compliment her overall colours

- Anything that's dark and can have a splash of light colours would generally fit in, although Orange would be a bit too much colour c:

I was hoping to incorporate some silver ribbons. :/ Does that change anything?

Also, want me to design a dress for you?

Hmm... I'd say like a golden tulley sort of material with silver ribbons! Like I'm imagining a super flowy golden dress, sort of ethereal(?) to match the eyes.  :P With like a bit of silver in the mane and for some accents. Then maybe silver or gold shoes with ribbons and shtuff I'm sorry I'm terrible at describing XD Maybe I'll draw you a sketch later if I have time :P

Edited by MiniKirby123

I would say light blue and orange (to bring out the eyes), and then a blue the same color as Amber's mane and tail.  I don't know much, but hope this helps! :)

• Brohoof 1

I was thinking something little bit orange for colour, mainly blue or purple or gold or emerald maybe, a warmer colour I guess. White usually works for frills and hems but it may not look too nice since her coat is a rather light colour, I can't really tell without doing a sketch. If you have something like bows and whatnot I'd suggest a more eye catching colour and you might want it to match her eyes. I'd say something silver would fit in well. I could see her in something silk/satin but I think I'm going too far. Hope that helped you.

post-27568-0-38280400-1423059204_thumb.png looks like new year is getting to my head lol

Edited by Swinton
  • Brohoof 1

Lol I'm getting a lot of different opinions, so i guess I out to post a picture.

Hmm... I'd say like a golden tulley sort of material with silver ribbons! Like I'm imagining a super flowy golden dress, sort of ethereal(?) to match the eyes.  :P With like a bit of silver in the mane and for some accents. Then maybe silver or gold shoes with ribbons and shtuff I'm sorry I'm terrible at describing XD Maybe I'll draw you a sketch later if I have time :P

I would LOVE to see this sketch! :o

Judging from the new picture, maroon perhaps?

Actually, how concentrated is the green in her coat? It's a bit hard to tell.

And sorry bout the sketch, did it on my phone.

Edited by Swinton

(edited)

Judging from the new picture, maroon perhaps?

Actually, how concentrated is the green in her coat? It's a bit hard to tell.

And sorry bout the sketch, did it on my phone.

The green is supposed to be a light minty colour.

I'm not using ot for the gala, but I'm definitely using the dress you drew for me for something. I love it! @u@ It shan't be wasted!!

Edited by AmberDust

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe some sort of gold lacing and silver. They can go well together. This should be a flowy dress, in my opinion, but the maroon does look very nice!

Everyone's describing really nice dresses, but I want to see them draw what they had in mind before I try my hand at it. ^^' Would you? :please:

Everyone's describing really nice dresses, but I want to see them draw what they had in mind before I try my hand at it. ^^' Would you? :please:

I'm not the absolute greatest at art, but I will try my very best at this new quest! (hey that rhymed)