Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

hmm

nab

the website is a little buggy and hard for newcomers to navigate to navigate btw

nab, please elaborate on the bugs you are experiencing. As far as the difficulty to navigate, I do not know if you mean design/layout, descriptions of categories, or functional (back to bugs). 

Help a pony out here. 

• Brohoof 1

By buggy i mean for me it keeps switching between full version and the not full version

By hard to navigate i mean i couldnt find my way around the website and i had to ask for help

By buggy i mean for me it keeps switching between full version and the not full version

By hard to navigate i mean i couldnt find my way around the website and i had to ask for help

Navigating any forum can be tricky, especially one to a large community.

Are you using a mobile device by any chance?

• Brohoof 1

Since one bug mentioned by nab is something I can relate to I will write few words.

In past when using mobile phone to access forums mobile version was warking flawlessly. Once I switched the site on full version on phone in order to reply on status update though and ever since then that's the exact bug I experience. When I switch version of forum on mobile it automatically switches on PC too (so I get mobile version on my computer) and vice versa - when I switch version on PC to full or IP board it also gets changed on mobile phone. 

If there is a way to fix this issue I'd appreciate revealing it.

• Brohoof 1

In past when using mobile phone to access forums mobile version was warking flawlessly. Once I switched the site on full version on phone in order to reply on status update though and ever since then that's the exact bug I experience. When I switch version of forum on mobile it automatically switches on PC too (so I get mobile version on my computer) and vice versa - when I switch version on PC to full or IP board it also gets changed on mobile phone. 

I've experienced this too.  What I found was that when I had my mobile browser set to "Desktop View" on the browser settings and I switched to the mobile theme, then it would the site would think I was making this change on a PC and keep that setting for when I logged in on my computer as well.  If my browser was set on Mobile View, however, and I selected the "Use Mobile Version" button that shows up at the bottom of the full site when it detects you're on a mobile device, it would not keep this setting change when I switched to my PC.

The reason for this is so that when you switch themes on your desktop computer, it remembers which theme option you used so people wishing to use a different theme on their comuter won't have to manually switch it each time they visit.  However, when you have your mobile device set so the site can't tell you're browsing from a phone, it will apply those settings to your computer as well.

One easy way to tell if your browser is set on desktop view or mobile view is how the theme options appear at the bottom.  If you have your mobile device set to display like a desktop, you will not see an option to use the mobile version of the site at the bottom of the screen, like this:

screenshot_2.png

On the other hand if the site is detecting you are on a mobile device, you will see the the option to switch to the mobile version of the site like here:

Screenshot_2015-03-18-18-43-55.png

If you make sure when you don't see that option at the bottom of the screen you switch to mobile view on your phone browser's settings, it shouldn't cause any problems anymore.

Hope that clears up at least that one issue for both of you.  

• Brohoof 1

I've experienced this too.  What I found was that when I had my mobile browser set to "Desktop View" on the browser settings and I switched to the mobile theme, then it would the site would think I was making this change on a PC and keep that setting for when I logged in on my computer as well.  If my browser was set on Mobile View, however, and I selected the "Use Mobile Version" button that shows up at the bottom of the full site when it detects you're on a mobile device, it would not keep this setting change when I switched to my PC.

The reason for this is so that when you switch themes on your desktop computer, it remembers which theme option you used so people wishing to use a different theme on their comuter won't have to manually switch it each time they visit.  However, when you have your mobile device set so the site can't tell you're browsing from a phone, it will apply those settings to your computer as well.

One easy way to tell if your browser is set on desktop view or mobile view is how the theme options appear at the bottom.  If you have your mobile device set to display like a desktop, you will not see an option to use the mobile version of the site at the bottom of the screen, like this:

img-3587715-1-screenshot_2.png

On the other hand if the site is detecting you are on a mobile device, you will see the the option to switch to the mobile version of the site like here:

img-3587715-2-Screenshot_2015-03-18-18-4

If you make sure when you don't see that option at the bottom of the screen you switch to mobile view on your phone browser's settings, it shouldn't cause any problems anymore.

Hope that clears up at least that one issue for both of you.  

Problem in my case is that my beloved BlackBerry doesn't have such options, or if it has I simply can't find them :(

• 3 weeks later...