Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Colours, colours, colours.

AmberDust

Firstly i'd liked to say that if you wanted to change anything about Amber's colour scheme maybe you could tone down her coat just a tad 

but seriously i think she looks great just the way she is. I can see that you have put a lot of effort into her because she is one of the best OC's i have ever seen

:)

Also i was just wondering if you could help me out with something, i have some hand drawn pictures of my OC's and i have inkscape as well but what i really 

want is to make pictures of my OC's like the one you have of Amber Dust, so maybe if you could give me some advice on how you made her i would really appreciate it  :fluttershy:

Which of my drawings are you talking about? I did them all differently lol

Which of my drawings are you talking about? I did them all differently lol

Well there are two drawing that i really like :)  first is the one of Amber Dust writing her name with a quill and the second is the one of Amber Dust in her gala dress.

Well there are two drawing that i really like :)  first is the one of Amber Dust writing her name with a quill and the second is the one of Amber Dust in her gala dress.

Alright! 

Well, for the first one you mentioned, it started out as a sketch, and I was completely new to Inkscape, too. I used this tutorial to guide me along: http://www.deviantart.com/art/How-to-Vector-a-Sketch-Ponyscape-Edition-Part-1-435306885 (That's part one)

For the one of Amber in her gala dress, I found someone else's vector and asked them permission to edit it. After they said yes, I just switched the colours and pretty much copy-pasted the braided mane from my previous vector.

I'm not really sure what to say other than that. Inkscape just takes a bit of getting used to! :P

Alright! 

Well, for the first one you mentioned, it started out as a sketch, and I was completely new to Inkscape, too. I used this tutorial to guide me along: http://www.deviantart.com/art/How-to-Vector-a-Sketch-Ponyscape-Edition-Part-1-435306885 (That's part one)

For the one of Amber in her gala dress, I found someone else's vector and asked them permission to edit it. After they said yes, I just switched the colours and pretty much copy-pasted the braided mane from my previous vector.

I'm not really sure what to say other than that. Inkscape just takes a bit of getting used to! :P

Wow thank you so much for your help  :fluttershy:  i have been looking everywhere for a way to turn a sketch into a vector

and that link helps me out a lot and yeah inkscape does take a bit of getting used to 

BTW  where can i find part two to that link

Thanx

Edited by PonyPal123

• 1 month later...

Hi! I'm hoping maybe you'll consider this palette c: 

These pastel greens and blues, with a splash of amber, for say, the eyes or cutemark or even 3 little amber freckles, who knows :D

green-ocean-palette.jpg

Screen+shot+2010-10-26+at+9.06.01+AM.png

Blue and orange go together, even though they're opposites, so the same works with variations of it, say marigold and a lighter blue c: 

Edited by Morning Glory

Hi! I'm hoping maybe you'll consider this palette c: 

These pastel greens and blues, with a splash of amber, for say, the eyes or cutemark or even 3 little amber freckles, who knows :D

sig-4260754.green-ocean-palette.jpg

sig-4260754.Screen%20shot%202010-10-26%2

Blue and orange go together, even though they're opposites, so the same works with variations of it, say marigold and a lighter blue c: 

This is a very lovely scheme, but this thread is a bit old and Amber's already used to her colours by now. :P Thank you, anyways. Perhaps I'll use this as a sort of alternate "2P" colour scheme!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...