Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Creativity Duel -- Lemon Slices vs Pink Mist -- 1st Round (Ghost Town)

Lemon Slices

OOC Here

Actually, it's been a while since I got inside those walls. But seems like nopony lives here anymore. Five years were enough to make this... Look at all this decaying houses. I can even smell rotten food and see abandoned toys around. But what am I searching here? Let's read the note again to recap... Ahn... "Seek for something abnormal happening in the ghost town. Report ASAP"...

Johnn Pack found a house in a heavier state of decay. The door was stuck, but nothing a buck can't do. Inside the house, along with decaying wooden chairs and a broken, old table, a stone sink. Probably an intact water, probably infected and broken pipes, he thought to himself. Anyway, since I have this brewing stand, I can boil the water and remove the possible disease from this sink water, and after concluding this, he started to set the brewing stand.

Johnn Pack's inventory (Saddlebags):

1 brewing stand

3 anesthetic herb saplings

4 new, sharp horseshoes

(In this environment, my OCs needs just a few things. Tools and materials can be easily obtained from empty houses.)

Edited by Lemon Slices

@@Lemon Slices,

Pink had no idea why she even decided to come here. Everything around her was a desolate wasteland, a complete ghost town that only showed shadows of the past with objects left behind, a place best left behind. However after she received a strange note directing her to this location, she felt a sudden impulse and thirst for more adventure. It was a feeling she knew all too well, yet now that she was here a sense of dread quickly replaced her longing for discovery.

"All I have to do is avoid any falling debris and other dangers that may be lurking around. I don't know what could possibly be abnormal in this place but the pony who sent me the note must know something. If only I could contact them."

She looked around and entered a house with no door or windows. There was nothing but cobwebs, infinite amounts of dust and a putrid smell that covered the area. Mist jumped and looked back at the entrance as she thought she heard sounds coming from nearby. "Could there be somepony else here? Or maybe it's just my imagination...."

She quickly checked her saddlebags for her flashlight and proceeded to look around the house to see if she could find anything of interest.

Pink Mist's Saddlebag Inventory

A flashlight

A few sandwiches and some apples

A small knife

A small compass

A map of Equestria

Edited by Pink Mist

(edited)

Oh snap. Too loud.

Johnn hasn't been careful in that moment. The screeching metal sound made in the mounting process of the brewing stand could be heard from very far, and scared a bunch of sleeping bats on the house's roof. The flapping sound scared Johnn himself, so he hid under the table until they get away.

Silence... Silence... Oh no, the water!

The water boiled too fast. Using the floor's extremely dry wood was a bad idea since it actually burnt faster than coal. Removing the boiler, he had to wait before putting the anesthetic herbs inside. But... the steam escaped from the roof and left a good signal in the air, showing his position.

While this, Johnn did not realized. Just continued mixing and brewing. Must find a glass to store this stuff, and... Voilá! Johnn stored two brews in a tall, but thin, empty grape juice glass bottle. This probably came from Pra... Pra... The bottle label is too dirty to read, but probably Prance. Well, at least I'll have an anesthetic drink with grape flavor. Isn't it great?, said, laughing, unaware of enemies, or allies, or everything.

Johnn Pack's inventory(Saddlebags):

1 brewing stand

2 anesthetic herb saplings

4 new, sharp horseshoes

+1 anesthetic potion

Edited by Lemon Slices

Pink once again heard sounds coming from outside the house so she decided to take a peek out the door to see if she spotted any activity. After surveying the street she looked up and noticed that there was steam coming from somewhere nearby. She gasped in fear. "Yikes! Looks like I'm really not alone here...should I go check it out?"

After much internal debate the mare went against her better judgement and let her curiosity guide her towards the mysterious steam. She wanted to make sure if this had a connection to what she was sent here to find, and if it did then she struck gold. If that wasn't the case, she mentally prepared herself for something possibly dangerous.

Johnn Pack wasn't too alerted to hear Pink's steps on the stone streets. He just was interested in storing the potion. But when he realized the steam would denounce him, he needed to think fast. Oh no! I need to go away. ASAP.

Instead of jumping through the window, he decided to escape from the front door, stupidly. So he saw the first living thing of the city, smiling in front of him. A pink mare, with brown mane and green-water eyes. Her name was...

@@Lemon Slices,

"Whoa...uh...hi....I'm Pink Mist. May I ask what you're doing here?"

She looked at the stallion that was in front of her. He had a white coat with a short black mane and several scars on his body. "Yikes! I hope I didn't run into the wrong pony, I really don't want this horrid destination to be my last...." Mist began to calmly back away from the door without taking her eyes off the stallion. She wanted to get a little distance between them in case anything happened, he had practically run into her anyway. "What's he doing here anyway? I'd think not many ponies know of this place."

Edited by Pink Mist

Johnn wasn't surprised as well.

"Hem... Hey, I'm here doing... Ahn... doing... Forget it. You shouldn't be here, this territory is dangerous. Well, I hadn't found nothing yet, but... I simply think it's unnecessary to somepony like you to..." He said, thinking she was just a random pony travelling around.

• 1 month later...

@@Lemon Slices,

(Sorry, I've been on a forums posting hiatus, but I'm back :P)

If by dangerous you mean a house could come crashing down on our heads any moment now then yeah I guess. But I'm here on a mission and I'm not leaving till I find whatever it is I'm supposed to find. So if you'll excuse me, I won't be going anywhere. 

Johnn got curious about her. Should I say what am I doing here? No... Maybe just stretch the talking a bit. I need to know who is her right now.

"That's not what I meant", Pack said. "Have you ever thought of us not being the only ones in this ghost town? And if they get you? I mean, you doesn't seem to be somepony with... You know, defending skills."