Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you read Fallout: Equestria and played Shadow of Mordor?

cosmic_joke

Well, the regen points for the as-yet-unnamed protagonist, possessed by the spirit of Starswirl the Bearded, will be the SPP hubs.

The orc captains will be Reapers, while orcs are Raiders.

Hero is the last surviving guard from Stable 101, and the Black Hand are 3 alicorns, blue purple and green.

I just need some clarification: why was Starswirl summoned? Name for the hero?

Red Eye is the main antagonist.

@Sgt. Smiles.

Uuuhhh... I asked specifically for somepony who has played SoM, and it definitely sounds like you haven't. I'm sorry, but my fic is so in-depth with it that I really couldn't explain all of the nuances.

Just as Fallout: Equestria is the ponyfied version of Fallout, Shadow of Everfree is the ponyfied version of Shadow of Mordor.

Sorry.

Well, the regen points for the as-yet-unnamed protagonist, possessed by the spirit of Starswirl the Bearded, will be the SPP hubs.

The orc captains will be Reapers, while orcs are Raiders.

Hero is the last surviving guard from Stable 101, and the Black Hand are 3 alicorns, blue purple and green.

I just need some clarification: why was Starswirl summoned? Name for the hero?

Red Eye is the main antagonist.

Let me see... Well, Star Swirl came to the area to investigate the breach in time (the merger of three universes), and through a unfortunate "coincidence", the Black Hand captures Star Swirl as well as the protag and kills them both in a merging ritual, with the intent to control the resulting being. Then, that fails miserably, and through a burst of unfocused magic, Star Swirl's brain mind thing teleports the Hero's body/consciousness/spirit form out of there and to the SPP Hub (which will represent the starting Forge Tower from SoM). As for the name, we have a Talion from SoM, so why mess with a good name? If you must, change it to Talon, but Talion is just great. Edited by Orion Caelum

What I'm mostly looking for is some transitiony bits:

Talion - Hero

Forge Tower - SPP hub

Torvin - Watcher

Celebrimbor - Starswirl the Bearded

Caragor - Hellhound

Ghul - Ghoul (feral)

Groug - ?

Morgai fly - Paradore

Lithariel - young Gawdyna

Queen Marwen - Gawdyna's father (need name)

The Hammer - purple alicorn

The Tower - green alicorn

The Black Hand - blue alicorn

Sauron - Red Eye

Several problems I've encountered: there is only one SPP hub in Everfree, so it would make sense that this would take place across all of Equestria, with the hubs being waypoints, allowing for Fast Travel once unlocked. But Equestria is hundreds of miles across, and neither Starswirl nor the Hero are pegasi, the former being a unicorn and the latter being an earth pony.

Second, SoM is around a half-and-half mix of melee and ranged, whereas in FoE, there is almost no melee, as everypony has a gun.

Third, I cannot find a reason for Red Eye to have had the alicorns summon Starswirl, although perhaps that was under the direction of the Goddess, in the hopes of using him for... something?

I'll post my entire conversation with another forum member on here in a minute...

cosmic_joke, on 24 Apr 2015 - 6:55 PM, said:

The tie-in is in chapter 2 (unwritten, unposted). 20 years before FoE, Red Eye kills his entire stable, except for one last Security pony -need name-. The alicorns, Blue, Purple, and Green, then kill him in a blood sacrifice, in order to bring back the one who knows of the location of the Black Book, Starswirl the Bearded.

So, what do you think?

Steel Accord Sent 24 April 2015- 07:07 PM

Well then how does Fallout Equestria happen if it's principal villain is dead before Littlepip even leaves Stable Two?

Moreover, the Black Book was created only a few years before the Great War, Starswirl had been dead for centuries, he wouldn't know any more about it than a Hellhound.

cosmic_joke Sent 24 April 2015- 07:13 PM

Not true. It is never stated when the book is created, only when it is acquired. Second, Starswirl/unnamed-security-pony will NOT succeed in their quest, they will FAIL, just like in the Bright Lord DLC, but only at the very end. Or perhaps not, maybe the security will die, but Starswirl's spirit could remain, and intangibly set up 'lucky coincidences' for Pip and Co.

Steel Accord Sent 24 April 2015- 07:18 PM

The book could still not be that old as it was only made into a soul jar slightly before the Mane Six found it. If I'm wrong, fine, you got your ring allegory.

Secondly though, then it's not really a Shadow of Mordor crossover is it? It's just Fallout Equestria with an invisible greek chorus who can occasionally shake the set pieces.

cosmic_joke Sent 24 April 2015- 07:23 PM

Ok, 1 I don't get that reference. 2, It totally IS a SoM crossover, but not so much a crossover, as the exact same thing as FoE (eg, a ponified version of a videogame), but with different characters in the same world. Basically, another side story (Pink Eyes, Project: Horizons, etc.), but in and of itself, a standalone thing.

Steel Accord Sent 24 April 2015- 07:27 PM

Soul Jars. The Black Book was one. It's an object imbued with a pony's soul and that in turn makes the object all but indestructible. Other soul jars? All the little Mane Six statues Littlepip finds?

My point is that a true fusion of Shadow or Mordor should not star Littlepip, it should star a new character on some other slice of Equestria. By all means, have Starswirl fill Celebrimbor's role, by all means, have Sombra start to come back and regain power.

cosmic_joke Sent 24 April 2015- 07:32 PM

I got Soul Jars, I didn't get the Greek Chorus. This story doesn't star Littlepip; if she's even going to be mentioned, it will only be in passing, or through another pony's perspective. Also, Sombra is, as far as anypony is concerned, dead and forgotten. What he wants is the book (although now that I'm thinking of it, the book already plays such a major role, and was already discovered by the Mane 6, so even though FoE hasn't happened yet, the book has already been moved from Starswirl's hiding place... so now I need another reason to bring him back.

Steel Accord Sent 24 April 2015- 07:37 PM

Oh, a Greek Chorus is like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, or C-3PO and R2-D2, or the Oompa Loompas. They are minor characters that offer asides and observations about the plot and going ons of the main characters. It stretches all the way back to Greek theater tradition, hence the name.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So who is "he" in this case, Red Eye?

cosmic_joke Sent 24 April 2015- 07:38 PM

Yeah, Red Eye. He wants to be the new God, after all, and needs to find a way.

Steel Accord Sent 24 April 2015- 07:41 PM

Okay! NOW I see where you are connecting!

Okay, so Red Eye needs Starswirl's soul for some reason or another. So he performs some dark unity ritual to summon him from the other side and our protagonist is just some poor Wasteland sap who drew the short straw.

Am I following correctly thus far?

cosmic_joke Sent 24 April 2015- 07:46 PM

Almost! The 'inhabited' person is a blood-sacrificed security stallion, the only other survivor from stable 101.

Steel Accord Sent 24 April 2015- 07:51 PM

Well the only named characters actually from Stable 101 are Doc Slaughter, Doctor Glue, and Gizmo.

cosmic_joke Sent 24 April 2015- 07:53 PM

Yeah, so I need a name, something believable. Everyone else was poisoned, except this guy (and the other mentioned ones), and he was captured by a triad of Alicorns after a last stand.

Steel Accord Sent 24 April 2015- 07:55 PM

Okie dokie lokie, who is he? Pony names fit into the usual naming scheme so actually knowing what the character is about first and then giving them a name is best.

cosmic_joke Sent 24 April 2015- 08:03 PM

Yeah... well, I know he's friendly, he always greeted everyone with a smile; but whenever duty called, he was always the first to act. His coat is a darkish gray, his mane and tail are fire-colored, and done in Spitfire/(EqG blue-maned guitar player, guard, Twilight's crush) style, giving the appearance of him looking like a pony-shaped rock with fire coming off. Very serious when it comes to the line of duty, he has seen a lot in his life, slightly closer to retirement age, but definitely still young enough to hold his own.

Steel Accord Sent 24 April 2015- 08:07 PM

So is he serious, or is he friendly? Sure, most ponies would be serious under a serious circumstance, that's not a personality trait, that's just a natural response. The question is what is the character like at rest? When the plot is not effecting them, what are they doing and what are they like?

Steel Accord Sent 24 April 2015- 08:09 PM

So what did he do in the Stable? How did he react and what did he do when he had to evacuate?

cosmic_joke Sent 24 April 2015- 08:10 PM

He likes to smile and tell jokes; he was raised to be a gentlestallion: hold a door for a lady, offer a tissue, help pick things up, etc. A real decent pony.

Steel Accord Sent 24 April 2015- 08:11 PM

Okay good, now we're getting somewhere.

Steel Accord, on 24 Apr 2015 - 8:09 PM, said:

So what did he do in the Stable? How did he react and what did he do when he had to evacuate?

cosmic_joke Sent 24 April 2015- 08:18 PM

Well, when everypony died (it was rather sudden, a timed magical toxin release in the water, after everypony had drunk it, save Red Eye at the feast), our hero was laid up in the hospital after part of the ceiling crashed down on him when he was on his rounds. He had been fed via I.V. for several days and so did not have any of the contaminated water in his system. He was almost fully recovered (Stable 101 being technologically advanced to the point where they could heal even the most grevious of wounds in just a few days), and so was able to get up and successfully hide for quite a while. After seeing that everypony else was dead, he decided to blow up the Stable, in a effort to kill Red Eye and the alicorns inside (possibly along with several Raiders), but was discovered early on and was forced to hole up in the pantry. Unfortunately, there were teleporting alicorns there, and they were easily able to oust him.

Steel Accord Sent 24 April 2015- 08:20 PM

That actually sounds like the beginning of the game with Talion and a nice parallel.

cosmic_joke Sent 24 April 2015- 08:22 PM

Thank you; that's what I'm aiming for.

Steel Accord Sent 24 April 2015- 08:24 PM

Good, now a name.

Hmmm . . . . I'm honestly still drawing a blank.

cosmic_joke Sent 24 April 2015- 08:32 PM

Same here. I was thinking like 'Gunmetal' or Fire- something, due to his colors, but neither really encaptures his personality.

Steel Accord Sent 24 April 2015- 08:34 PM

Not in the slightest.

Might I get back to you tomorrow on this?

cosmic_joke Sent 24 April 2015- 08:41 PM

Any time, any time! I'll still be here.

cosmic_joke Sent Yesterday, 06:29 PM

His name is Broken Hinge. His wife was Rusty Hinge (maiden name Nail) and his son was Squeaky Hinge, nicknamed Squeak. Over the radio, Pon3 will refer to him as either 'Broken' or 'Unhinged', both as a play on his name, and due to the numerous reports of him talking to no one (the ghost of Starswirl being invisible). Watcher will constantly be getting at him for being such a loner and having no friends to pal around with. As time progresses, he grows to hate himself more and more, believing himself to be more of a monster than all of the ponies he's slaying. His son's weapon is an antique double-barreled shotgun, which was broken off at the base of the barrel by a raider during the initial storming of 101, and by the end will be reforged as a sawed-off. His main weapon and Starswirl's weapon are undecided as of yet. He needs something melee, but FoE is a FPS...

Steel Accord Sent Yesterday, 06:41 PM

First of all, GREAT revisions!

Second of all, so? I always play melee and unarmed and with the third person view.

cosmic_joke Sent Today, 12:08 AM

Thanks; I try! Ok, so how about Starswirl's 'wraith' weapon is his hat, and his attack is a telekinetic bullet, like Blackjack's from Project Horizons? but what would Broken's main attack be? His main weapon? 101 was a techno-stable... maybe his front legs were augmented into power-fists? I don't know, but it seems like there's something there... Starswirl's unicorn magic is what will allow Broken to climb structures like Spider-man.

Steel Accord Sent Today, 12:12 AM

Well with that logic, wouldn't Starswirl's weapon just be his horn?

Why use magic for that? If Broken's front legs are augmented, maybe that's one of their functions.

cosmic_joke Sent Today, 06:26 AM

Hmm you make some pretty good points, on both counts.