Blip.tv has shut down

JacelynUSB

So, if you're a TGWTG fan or just a blip user, you know what's going on.

Basically, if you don't, let me explain.

Movie reviews. Game reviews. Sketches. Social commentary. Long ago, the four nations lived in harmony together. But that all changed when the Maker Studios Nation attacked. 

So, now that Blip's gone, I am curious to know your opinions on this.

• Brohoof 2

sig-33576.post-15132-0-24750800-14403781

Jacelyn USB

Well why was it shut down? I honestly dont even know what Blip.TV is in the first place.

In the early days of internet video streaming services, Blip was more or less an alternative to youtube. It remained fairly popular among reviwers, comedy sketch people and networks like That Guy With The Glasses.

I saw this coming though. Youtube grew, Twitch became a thing too, so there is too much competition. It's a saturated market and when that happens someone has to go. I am saddened only in the "something that I grew up with is gone now" sense, but as always I am ready to let it go because I know we must make way for progress. The next big thing is always around the corner and that's just how it goes.

In the early days of internet video streaming services, Blip was more or less an alternative to youtube. It remained fairly popular among reviwers, comedy sketch people and networks like That Guy With The Glasses.

I saw this coming though. Youtube grew, Twitch became a thing too, so there is too much competition. It's a saturated market and when that happens someone has to go. I am saddened only in the "something that I grew up with is gone now" sense, but as always I am ready to let it go because I know we must make way for progress. The next big thing is always around the corner and that's just how it goes.

Meh, that is how it goes I guess.

I haven't heard about Blip.tv in a really long time. They kind of faded out of existence.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about it. Some guys I follow to this day, used to upload videos on in, but from a time to now, they changed to youtuby, and even reuploaded most, if not all their videos to youtube. I completelly forgot about it until now  :lol:

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords