Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Calling all Rock n Roll musicians

Burbon_Rocker

Hello everypony!

I am trying to put together a rock band which is basicly 80's rock with ponyfied songs of guns n roses, mötley crüe, aerosmith and so on. I play guitar myself as well as sing when needed, and I am looking for another guitarist, drummer, bass-player and singer for this kind of music. Also, as it will be net-based first of all, it is essential that you can play and record via the computer. Interesting? Respond to this thread or send me a pm and we shall see if we can make some bucking noise together.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I can sing...

I can also do Black Widow of La Porte on Guitar Hero on medium.

I just finished Calling. It hurt my hand!

And... I can provide technological support. I would like to remain anonymous.

I like speed and death metal, but i also like Blue Oyster Cult, Billy Idol, Jimi Hendrix, and Pink Floyd.

Edited by No.1

Well, this is actually GETTING somewhere, YES, we do need a technician, and someone with a good voice. If you wish to try out, I say try to record "Paradise City" or another guns-song, remember, I do not want to hear an Axl Rose impersonator, but your own voices. Try to think of it like how would YOU do it. :)

I also wanna post that I have ponified welcome to the jungle and paradise city. Some original material comming soon. :-)

Awesome Night Cloud, what are your influenses? Also, if I may recomend 2 great soundcards/preamps to use, I say that the Line6 Pods XT and PodX3 are awesome and easy to controll over a computer to tweak the settings. :-)

Awesome Night Cloud, what are your influenses? Also, if I may recomend 2 great soundcards/preamps to use, I say that the Line6 Pods XT and PodX3 are awesome and easy to controll over a computer to tweak the settings. :-)

Too many random bands/artists to choose from... Metallica, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, AC/DC, Guns n' Roses, Rhapsody of Fire, Joe Satriani, random video-game music... Those are among the top ones for me.

As for the sound-card, I've already found one that comes with Pro Tools 9 (or 10) or something. Still need to buy it though.

Too many random bands/artists to choose from... Metallica, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, AC/DC, Guns n' Roses, Rhapsody of Fire, Joe Satriani, random video-game music... Those are among the top ones for me.

As for the sound-card, I've already found one that comes with Pro Tools 9 (or 10) or something. Still need to buy it though.

Well, you got quite a couple of good ones in there. Big fan of Van Halen, G'n'R, Maiden and videogame music myself. and well, that is good, Pro Tools are really good.

Well, heavy metal is always nice, and I got a few titles in my head, but we still need to try and write some songs and whatnot. got a couple of cool riffs and such and although I am not the fastest guitarist, I make melodic solos myself.

Well, you got quite a couple of good ones in there. Big fan of Van Halen, G'n'R, Maiden and videogame music myself. and well, that is good, Pro Tools are really good.

Well, heavy metal is always nice, and I got a few titles in my head, but we still need to try and write some songs and whatnot. got a couple of cool riffs and such and although I am not the fastest guitarist, I make melodic solos myself.

I basically play/listen to anything, as long as I think it sounds good. It just so happens that those guys have mostly songs that I like... I do like some Aerosmith, Queen and calmer stuff too.

And I'm not exactly a fast player either, but I know tapping... (Guess who inspired me to learn that)

I basically play/listen to anything, as long as I think it sounds good. It just so happens that those guys have mostly songs that I like... I do like some Aerosmith, Queen and calmer stuff too.

And I'm not exactly a fast player either, but I know tapping... (Guess who inspired me to learn that)

Well many of them do have awesome songs, love Aerosmith myself. Queen to me is like chocolate: love their music, but I tire easily.

Tapping huh? Van Halen probably :-P

I know tapping too, have just not used it alot.

Well many of them do have awesome songs, love Aerosmith myself. Queen to me is like chocolate: love their music, but I tire easily.

Tapping huh? Van Halen probably :-P

I know tapping too, have just not used it alot.

Fun fact about Eruption (which I guess you've heard): The tapping-part at the end is the easiest part (if you can tap). Even I can pull it off (maybe not constantly at the correct speed and order though...)

I can sing...

I can also do Black Widow of La Porte on Guitar Hero on medium.

I just finished Calling. It hurt my hand!

And... I can provide technological support. I would like to remain anonymous.

I like speed and death metal, but i also like Blue Oyster Cult, Billy Idol, Jimi Hendrix, and Pink Floyd.

I've done Black Widow of La Porte on expert - both guitar and drums! Are you on PS3?

(edited)

I'm primarily a guitarist but i'm also fairly good at playing the bass, drums, and keys. I'm able to record the sound with my computer.

Edited by GORZAS

Well, this is actually GETTING somewhere, YES, we do need a technician, and someone with a good voice. If you wish to try out, I say try to record "Paradise City" or another guns-song, remember, I do not want to hear an Axl Rose impersonator, but your own voices. Try to think of it like how would YOU do it. :)

I also wanna post that I have ponified welcome to the jungle and paradise city. Some original material comming soon. :-)

I was just wondering... Ponified as in the lyrics? And what's the pony-title of 'Welcome to the Jungle'? Welcome to the Everfree?

I was just wondering... Ponified as in the lyrics? And what's the pony-title of 'Welcome to the Jungle'? Welcome to the Everfree?

Actually, it became "Welcome to Equestria" :-P

• Brohoof 1

Actually, it became "Welcome to Equestria" :-P

Nice! I have an idea for a couple of others (Well, at least the titles sound ok):

- Anarchy in the EQ (Anarchy in the UK)

- Trees and Ponies (3's & 7's)

Could I have a sample of the lyrics by the way?

And is there anything I should start to practice on?

Nice! I have an idea for a couple of others (Well, at least the titles sound ok):

- Anarchy in the EQ (Anarchy in the UK)

- Trees and Ponies (3's & 7's)

Could I have a sample of the lyrics by the way?

And is there anything I should start to practice on?

Of course, however, the best of the lot is either Sympathy for Discord (Sympathy for the Devil) or "Cantelrot City" (Paradise City)

Of course, however, the best of the lot is either Sympathy for Discord (Sympathy for the Devil) or "Cantelrot City" (Paradise City)

Sp I practice on those? or...?

Sp I practice on those? or...?

Well, I say practice your guitar on the rhytm on those and maybe "Nightrain", some Motley, you know, rock n roll.

when it comes to voice, I say try out paradise city as I really have tried but i cannot really sing it myself :P

see, the lyrics, which I will send you privately later, are all about the changeling attack. :P

Well, I say practice your guitar on the rhytm on those and maybe "Nightrain", some Motley, you know, rock n roll.

when it comes to voice, I say try out paradise city as I really have tried but i cannot really sing it myself :P

see, the lyrics, which I will send you privately later, are all about the changeling attack. :P

Nice. I'm not much into singing though... But I might give it a try (I believe my voice might fit if I push my lungs to the limit), and IF I try it, it will most likely not be until monday or something.

Nice. I'm not much into singing though... But I might give it a try (I believe my voice might fit if I push my lungs to the limit), and IF I try it, it will most likely not be until monday or something.

well, that is alright, we got time :)