Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Canterlot Tournament

Fractured

( OOC here )

@reader8363@DwhitetheGamer
Celestia and Luna stood atop the the specially prepared pedestal, overlooking the streets of Canterlot, and all of the contestants below. Wings flared out for extra emphasis, they stared upward, to look down when the time was right, the perfect pictures of majesty. Everything that ponies below them would be expecting, from the Celestial sisters.

"Greetings, contestants!" Celestia, naturally, was the first to speak. "In just a few moment, you will be ushered into the castle, to begin the first part of your sign ups. But first, me and my sister must explain the rules, and the tournament's organization." *She looked to Luna, who spoke up without hesitation.*

"This tournament will be divided into four portions. The first, which you will very soon be made acquaintance with, is the signing up portion, where you'll selectively be placed in certain brackets according to your abilities. Next will be the players choice portions, where, for a time, you will be able to choose which opponents you do battle with, to receive points on doing so."

"Round three is team matches." Celestia spoke up, and Luna fell back, just as perfectly as they rehearsed it. "You will each be grouped in random pairings for your matches, and points will once again be awarded to the winners. And round four is simple elimination; those who lose in this round will be dropped from the tournament, until one contestant is remaining. That contestant..."

"Will have the honor of battling us." Luna spoke out loud, and powerfully, and both sisters cracked their wings in emphasis. Flecks of light spread out from them as they did, washing over those who were watching in a storm of sparkling fragments. 

"There are but two rules." Both sister's tucked their wings together in unison. "Rule one; no foul play. Anyone found using underhanded means to win or weapons they did not specify before their sign in will be dropped from the tournament. Rule two: no fights to the death, If necessary, you may render a fallen opponent unconscious, but anyone found to have been demonstrating the use of techniques to a fatal end will also be dropped from the tournament, immeadietly. And do be warned...." Luna's eyes tensed, as she shot the crowd a stern look. "We will be keeping watch. But do not fear; so long as you fight well, and fight fairly, you will have nothing to fear."

"And with that in mind..." Celestia's horn sparked, as she looked up, firing off a single blast of light into the sky. It exploded above her, painting the night sky alive with fireworks. "Welcome to the 200th official Canterlot Tournament! Contestants, sign up when ready!" Once again in unison, both sisters took off, leading the path into the castle and the signing area open for use.

--------

"Pfft. Boring. Why did Benevolence send me here again, anyways?" The brown pony with the elegantly done mane shot a bored glance up at the princesses, disappearing off into the distance, then at the other contestants, even as she walked towards the castle's entrance to sign up. A strange sight, given the circumstances; she looked like she couldn't have been any more than ten, given her body size and voice. Even if she had the attitude for ten adults.

"Hanging around with second class low life's just pisses me off; she should have known that..." She sighed in irritation, then shifted her thoughts to the hopeful; hopefully, something would make it worth it, so she wouldn't feel like burning this place down by tournament's end. As she drifted inside, her first thoughts weren't on signing in; she laid eyes on the complimentary snack bar, and floated unashamedly towards it.

There was an enormous cheer from the crowd as the princesses departed. Everyone was excited to be a part of this tournament, especially Copper, who had been training hard for years just for this moment. His competitor spirit overtook him as he heard about this, and he knew it would be time for the princesses to learn about their still living parents.

He had trained under Lord Solaris and Lady Luna for seven full years, learning moves that only the current rulers of Equestria would know. He had gained a super form a year prior, and just three years ago, gained another, more powerful super form, the super alicorn. He couldn't wait to showcase his powers to the rulers.

But first he had to sign up. He trotted into the castle and said, when he made his way to the table for signing up, "I would like to sign up to the special group. I have two super forms that I'll use if necessary. I also have my Spin Dash to use as well."

Shadow walked through the crowd with his head down and walk on his hind legs. He lifted his scythe on his shoulder and got in line

Dark was walking through the crowd looking for his sister. He got in line and waited with his sword strapped to his back

The registrar pony looked up at Copper, nodding at the blue Earth Pony at his statement. "Sign here for being part of the special group."

Copper complied, signing his name before nodding at the pony behind the desk. He trotted off to find the princesses, wanting to ask them where he would sleep.

(Reader)

The registrar pony nodded at the next one in line. "Do you have special abilities to be part of the special group?"

And there goes the regal princesses

I'd had always admired those two. I mean having to concern oneself with these largely incompetent, repugnant, and absolutely insufferable ponies for any length of time would absolutely kill one's mental sanity. However, miraculously they were able to withstand the idiocy for over a thousand years. I would never be able to show that level of patience and perseverance, never in a million years. I could say many things about Celestia and Luna but I can also say this.

I pity them.

Judging by the ear-piercingly irritating reaction of the commoners, I see they share my sentiments. After the announcement and the resulting pandemonium, I immediately set off to  sign-up booth, or whatever those ponies call it, I skip past the rest of the line, exciting some profanities being hurled at my way. 

@@reader8363,

"Get out of my way"

I growl at the pony in front of me, pushing him aside and standing in front of what I assumed to be the registrar pony.

@@DwhitetheGamer,

"Where shall I sign up?"

The registrar pony looked irritated at the pony who had barged into the front of the line, and said crossly at him, "You do realize there's a line here, right? I can only take so much of this."

As if on cue, another registrar pony showed up and took her seat beside the other one. She said, "Sorry I'm late. I had some family business to take care of. I'll take those papers."

She took the normal group papers and motioned to the pony in front of the two. "This is where you sign up. Do you have any special abilities to be considered in the special group?"

Shadow grabbed the pony that pushed him and said as he lifted his scythe off his shoulder,

"Why don't ya behave before something happen."

He turned to the pony at the desk and said,

"Can make portal out shadows and make them into stuff."

Dark looked at what was going on and stayed quiet

The registrar ponies looked at each other before both coming to a simple conclusion. The pony to Shadow's left nodded, handing over a paper containing the signature needed to be in the special group. "Sign here, please." he said, also handing over a pen for the pony to use.

@reader8363, @DwhitetheGamer

The tiny pony in question, Temperance, had been stuffing her face on delicatessens for the last ten minutes, savoring all of the unique and individual tastes. Some of which she'd never even experienced, before now; maybe this tournament would be worth it after all. And if not, she always knew how to generate her own particular brand of excitement. she thought, as she looked over at the full line for the sign in sheet. May as well go get entered in now.

There were ponies in her way, so she simply brushed by them, on her way to the front of the line. Putting her front hooves over the desk just in order to reach its height, she stared unerringly at the receptionist. "Heightened physical abilities. Flight. Regeneration. Special magic borrowed from a higher being. I could go on, but I don't think I need to." She tilted her head pointedly, towards the special list.

The once irritated pony got even more irritated at the tiny pony. This day wasn't going so well for him. But he closed his eyes, calming himself down, before looking at the smaller pony. "Sign here, please, but before you do..."

He got up from his seat and shouted above the crowd. "ANYPONY ELSE WHO WANTS TO FLANK THEIR WAY TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE WILL BE REPORTED TO THE PRINCESSES! GOT IT?!"

His anger clearly stated that he wasn't going to tolerate any more cutting in line. The crowd went silent, looking at the registrar pony, before he nodded at them all. He then sat down and looked at Temperance. "My apologies. I'm not in the best of moods today. You may sign here." He calmly slid over the registry paper, giving her a steady look.

(edited)

There were ponies in her way, so she simply brushed by them, on her way to the front of the line. Putting her front hooves over the desk just in order to reach its height, she stared unerringly at the receptionist. "Heightened physical abilities. Flight. Regeneration. Special magic borrowed from a higher being. I could go on, but I don't think I need to." She tilted her head pointedly, towards the special list.

Oh for the love of-

"Lady, I believe I was here first, now please I don't wanna damage any of your petty and fragile emotions. So if you could kindly PISS OFF that would make me a supremely happy stallion."

​Not that you'd care, you miserable parasprite. Ugh I SWEAR it's ponies like her who deserve to be punched in the muzzle a multiple times. I'm VERY glad she wants to be in this contest. Anyway, I push passed rude mare and regain my rightful position in line.

@@DwhitetheGamer,

"Now, where were we before that.....distraction."

Edited by F. L. A. M. E

(edited)

@reader8363, @DwhitetheGamer

Temperance had just finished putting her name down on the paper, styled in eloquently, old timey writing, when another stallion came from behind her, giving her a push. She slid over less than an inch, before dropping to the floor, walking a short ways away to stare intently.

As she stopped, a moment later, her staff was drawn, twirling dangerously in the air around her. Very briefly, she contemplated setting this stallion on fire where he stood, and maybe the registar who had yelled at her too. Just as a warning, to anyone else who thought it was a good idea to get mouthy with her. But then, in a flash, it disappeared just as quickly. No need to cause another "incident" here, especially when it would blow her race's secret. And, she reasoned quickly, there'd be plenty of time for it later in the tournaments, anyhow. Turning around and distancing her thoughts from the action, she instead returned to the snack bar. There were more things she was just dying to try.

Edited by Fractured

The registrar pony nearly burst in anger when he saw the smaller pony get pushed. It was about to become the worst day of his life, and he wouldn't hesitate to bring the princesses to this.

But as soon as he saw the staff from the smaller pony, he figured it was better than to not mess with what was happening. However, the mare next to him put a hoof on his shoulder. "You need a break. I'll take care of this."

The other pony stared for a moment before nodding. He got up from his seat and headed out to get some air. The other pony then took over the registry, looking at the pony who pushed the smaller one. "As I had asked, do you have any special abilities to be considered in the special group, or do you prefer to be in the normal group?

Shadow sighed, took off his cloak and signed up for the special group as hge tossed it into a portal and headed away to cool off and get a drink

Dark watched ponies sign up, then he walked up and said as he corrected his sword on his back,

"I'm here to sign up for the normal group."

Shadow sighed, took off his cloak and signed up for the special group as hge tossed it into a portal and headed away to cool off and get a drink

Dark watched ponies sign up, then he walked up and said as he corrected his sword on his back,

"I'm here to sign up for the normal group."

The registrar mare nodded at the pony with the sword, and slid over the registry sheet of the normal ponies to his side of the table. "Sign here." she said calmly, giving him the pen. At least now would be more peaceful than a bit before.

Meanwhile, Copper felt a little hungry. He trotted over to the snack bar, where, as soon as he saw the smaller pony chew on a lot of snacks, he said calmly to her, "Not from around here, are you, ma'am?"

@DwhitetheGamer

Temperance had just been slipping one of the higher end chocolates from the table into her mouth, when she caught the sound of some pony calling her. Ma'am, he had said. Slowly, she turned around to face him.

"Actually, I am from around here. Born right here, in Equestria. It's just the other details that are sketchy. And quite frankly, that i'd probably have to remove you from this planet for, if you knew about them. But i'm feeling nice enough now, and you're not one of those jerks that were rude to me, so..." With her magic, she picked up one of the expensive chocolates she'd been scarfing down, and floated it over to him. "Have a chocolate. Life's too short to waste them, after all!"

@@Fractured

Remove?

Copper didn't show it, but he was confused beyond belief.  It was obvious she wasn't around here, but at least she had a point.  He smiled, however, when the mare gave him the chocolate.  He gently took the bar and said, "Why, thank you, miss.  I was actually coming here to get something to eat."

He calmly opened the bar up and took a bite out of it, his smile a little wider at the quality of it.  He nodded at the mare.  "Well, I wish you the best of luck in this tournament.  Hope to see you around!"

He took his bar and walked over to a seat to finish off his snack.

(edited)

Shadow walked up to the snack area, opened a portal, pulled a bottle and said,

"Does anyone know where a place I can get this filled, like a bar or something that does dragon drinks

Dark signed in went under a tree and laid down with his sword right next to him and watched the contestants

(I'll start mentioning in a few days)

Edited by reader8363

"Okay. Check, check, and..." Twilight Sparkle floated down into the castle from the sky, hefting a saddlebag full of lists that she had collected in preparation for this event. Maybe Celestia had been right, and she was being a bit too pedantic about this, but you could never be too careful, when it came to these sorts of things. She approached the table as soon as she saw it.

"Princess Twilight Sparkle, signing up for the special section." Lifting up the lists she had spent the last few hours writing, she proceeded to place them on the table, in a neatly organized fashion. "That's a list of all my current magical spells, enchantments, incantations, and otherwise, down to newly acquired alicorn powers. Alphabetized for the easiest convenience." She grinned, ever so proud of herself; it had taken no small amount of effort to draw up that list. And she hadn't even begun to drop into the practical applications...

@@Fractured

The receptionist saw Twilight, and took the lists, reading them over.  She glanced through, nodding at every nook of her spells before easily making a decision.  She slid over the Special section sign-up sheets and said, "Please sign here.  But know you might be surprised at who also has the alicorn powers."  She gave a wink afterwards, pointing a hoof at the blue Earth Pony eating the chocolate bar at a table.

@DwhitetheGamer

Twilight looked over in the direction of the receptionist's hoof, and blinked twice, just to check. Yep; earth pony. Though, technically, there wasn't any strange cosmic universal rules that prevented earth ponies from having alicorn like abilities... last she checked, anyways. She walked over, breaking into a wave to catch his attention.

"Hi, i'm Princess Twilight Sparkle. Though you probably knew that already." She sheepishly scratched her head, reminding herself to scrub the introductions. Not like she wasn't known, anyways. "What you probably didn't know is that i'm also entered into this competition, like you." She held out a single hoof. "Nice to meet you."

-------

Temperance had grown bored, and so had decided to amuse herself at the snack table. Even as she watched the newest alicorn and the pony she had just talked to exchange words, her staff was out, floating in the air about her. Soft purple flames drifted from it, forming a variety of shapes. A five headed dragon, then a one-winged angel, then an alicorn, unlike any ever seen in Equestria...

@@Fractured

Copper looked over, first hearing her voice, looking shocked at seeing Twilight here.  He quickly set his bar down and risen up to meet her in his full height, and shook her hoof with his.

"Oh!  Hello, Princess Twilight.  A pleasure to meet you as well.  I'm Copper Strikes, adventurer, and resident Super Pony.  Good luck in this competition."

He looked around a bit before leaning closer to meet her ear.  "Between you and me, I was shocked at seeing a castle in Ponyville.  What happened that caused such an event?"

=====

Applejack had just now waited for a half hour in line to get her spot in the tourney.  When she finally got her turn, she smiled at the receptionist and stated, "I'd like to be in the normal section."

The receptionist nodded, sliding the sheet needed for such to her direction,  "Sign here."  Applejack complied, and took a seat by herself, just to be in her thoughts for a while.

@DwhitetheGamer

"A box containing a small portion of most of the magic in Equestria, which we received after defeating Tirek, by unlocking the true extent of our..." She paused, pretty sure she had jumped a segue, and was probably throwing him off entirely. "It's... sort of complicated." She shot him a sheepish smile. "I mean, no offense to you, but most of the stuff me and my friends do sound like things that you would hear at a bar party, or in some long-winded novel. So all I can do is assure you that they're real, and that we're proud to do them. No matter how crazy they may sound."

@@Fractured

"Oh, really?"

Copper sounded intrigued at Twilight's short story.  He was really excited to fight someone close to his strength.  "Well, I believe you, Twilight.  I have somewhat of a similar story, but I didn't have a box to obtain my powers.  To make a long story short, my extreme anger over an ancient evil that had not only copied me, but killed innocent ponies in another part of this world, had caused me to become what I am now, the Legendary Super Pony.  So, yeah, my story sounds just about as crazy, if not more than yours, but I assure you it happened, and it's better to showcase it than tell what I can do."

@DwhitetheGamer

"...Huh." Twilight blinked at the new information, not quite sure how to process it. On the one hoof, this wasn't anything she'd ever read about in any textbook, ever; not even the textbooks at the back of the Canterlot library contained information on "A Legendary Super Pony". On the other hoof, this wasn't anything she'd ever read about, ever; not even the textbooks in Canterlot's library had any information on this subject. Which meant a new learning opportunity for her, and one that she couldn't wait to find out about.

"I guess so. Well, I suppose i'll be seeing you and your special form in a match very soon, right?"