Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Canterlot Tournament

Fractured

@@Fractured

Copper knew, right then and there, that Twilight had new information to study.  He didn't mind being a test subject, and this was a perfect opportunity to showcase his powers to her, as he could tell she was the studious type.  He grinned as he spoke.  "Well, I don't mind.  Ya know what?  I think we just scheduled our first match.  Me and you.  I'm dying to show my Super Pony powers to somepony else who isn't Lord Solaris and Lady Luna, and you'll be a perfect chance to show it to the ponies here in Equestria.  What'cha say, since tomorrow is the start of the matches?"

@DwhitetheGamer

Twilight blinked, considering the proposition. Magic had always been her forte, but unbeknowst to seemingly everyone, fighthing wasn't, not really. What seemed like dozens of hard battles against impossible under her belt was really mostly just luck, and the help of her friends. But then, she had come here to change that. And to see if the training from the other princesses had actually paid off.

"Sure. I don't mind." She nodded in agreement, showing off her best princess-y smile. "I'll make a note of it; tomorrow, you'll be my first match. And i'll be yours."

@@Fractured

Copper nodded at Twilight, smiling at her for her agreement.  He was no doubt excited, and he was willing to show that he wasn't a pony to mess with.  "Thank you, Princess Twilight, for accepting the opportunity for being the first in Equestria to let me show you my abilities.  I will not let you down."

=====

Applejack had already listened to enough to show her curiosity about the situation.  She opened her eyes, and decided to walk over and talk to the two.  When she did, she said, "Pardon the interruption, but I heard all I needed to know.  What in tarnation is this Super Pony thing, Twilight?"

@DwhitetheGamer

When Applejack walked over, Twilight had smiled, but it dropped a little, at her friends rude entrance. She cleared her throat, tilting her head in Copper's direction to bring her attention to him.

"Applejack, this is Copper Strikes. He's going to be one of the contestants here at the Canterlot Tournament." She turned to Copper Strikes. "Copper Strikes, this is my friend, Applejack. Honest to a fault, dependable. And quite nice. Usually." She shot her friend another dangerous look, still the slightest bit miffed at her opening.

@@Fractured

Applejack nodded at Twilight for introducing Copper.  She looked a little ashamed for rudely interrupting.  "Sorry, Twilight.  I had overheard about this Super Pony thing and I was overly confused as to what it is."  She turned to Copper, offering a hoofshake.  "Nice to meet ya, Copper."

Copper shrugged.  "All the same.  Nice to meet you as well Applejack."  He extended his own hoof and they shook.

Applejack then asked, "So what about this Super Pony thing?"

Copper nodded.  "Guess I should tell somepony.  Well, there are myths and conspiracies in a country known as Japon about the Super Pony.  Legend has it that the first Super Pony had to stop some ancient evil that had plagued the nation and threatened to destroy the world.  Her extreme anger over the being killing innocent ponies had caused her whole body, including her mane, to turn golden.  Of course she eventually stopped and sealed the being in an artifact, but the aftermath of the battle had her disappearing to who knows where.  The time of the event?  Nopony knows.  Some say it was during our princesses' rule over Equestria, some say before that.  But they all agree that the Super Pony was a legend to them."

Applejack was wide-eyed.  "Wow.  What do you think, Twilight?"

(edited)

The registrar mare nodded at the pony with the sword, and slid over the registry sheet of the normal ponies to his side of the table. "Sign here." she said calmly, giving him the pen. At least now would be more peaceful than a bit before.

(Mobile post)

OK, This is the LAST time I'm getting interrupted by these wretched vacuous ponies. I'm signing up for this contest if it's the last.....*sigh*

"I would like to apply for the so-called "normal" section. Because apparently we have some freaks in the establishment"

...what is my life

Edited by F. L. A. M. E
  • Brohoof 1

Shadow left the snack bar and walked around. As he was gulping down what was left of his drink, he found a bar, searched through the contents, and found a drink similar to what he was drinking and took a bottle of it, left money on the counter, and walked away through the crowd

Dark opened his eyes, realizing that he fell asleep. He got up, stretched out his wings and limb and headed down the hill to the crowd of contestants

(Mobile post)

OK, This is the LAST time I'm getting interrupted by these wretched vacuous ponies. I'm signing up for this contest if it's the last.....*sigh*

"I would like to apply for the so-called "normal" section. Because apparently we have some freaks in the establishment"

...what is my life

The receptionist smiled as she slid over the normal section sign-up sheet, pen and all.  "It's better if you did, if you don't have any abilities that would have you considered in the special section.  Those ponies will be too strong for you, in that case."  It was in a reassuring tone, as she was getting a little irritated at this pony.

The receptionist smiled as she slid over the normal section sign-up sheet, pen and all.  "It's better if you did, if you don't have any abilities that would have you considered in the special section.  Those ponies will be too strong for you, in that case."  It was in a reassuring tone, as she was getting a little irritated at this pony.

You simpleton! That's EXACTLY Why I just said....DO ANY OF THESE PONIES USE THEIR IDIOTIC HEADS FOR SOMETHING!?!?

"*Sigh* Are you...slow? I just said....whatever just give me the sign up sheet."

I taken the pen and pad, signed the paper and handed it back to the lady.

"There you go, and I recommend seeing a doctor."

@

The receptionist shook her head at Audacious.  It was clear she was getting really annoyed at the pony for his insolence.  "Buddy, I'm not slow.  I'm just stating the facts.  And I don't need a doctor.  I'm fine.  You need an attitude adjustment, because your acting won't get you far in this tournament, no matter how skilled you are."

@

The receptionist shook her head at Audacious.  It was clear she was getting really annoyed at the pony for his insolence.  "Buddy, I'm not slow.  I'm just stating the facts.  And I don't need a doctor.  I'm fine.  You need an attitude adjustment, because your acting won't get you far in this tournament, no matter how skilled you are."

Yeah yeah, being polite and whatnot. I'm pretty sure whoever designed the "golden rule" didn't consider that anyone would have deal with the level of brainlessness and ineptness of THIS mare. He should consider himself lucky

"That's nice sweetie, I might refer you to my doctor he's rather skilled. Anyway could you kindly direct me to the "snack table" or whatever you call it."

"Well..." She stopped, thinking hard to herself. "Most typically, myths and conspiracies are just that; myths and conspiracies. They may be based on an ounce or two of truth, but most often, the stories are based on something simple, then blown way out of proportion. But, if you say you've somehow adopted this form..." She tilted her head to the side. "Then I suppose its real. Whether the legend is accurate or not, it's pretty obvious that your abilities are; i'd take that for what it is."

@

The receptionist shook her head, but pointed to the snack bar further ahead.  "It's right there."  She clearly wanted to get him out of her mane so that she could move on with other ponies signing up.

@@Fractured

Copper nodded at Twilight for her understanding.  "Hey, it's fine if you don't believe it.  It'll be much sweeter to show it to you for your surprise."

Applejack raised an eyebrow at Twilight and Copper's words.  "Well, I'll only believe it when I see it.  I'm not really a firm believer in legends like this."

======

Fluttershy couldn't believe she was doing this.  She was dared by Rainbow Dash to partake in this tournament.  Recently she had worked up some courage, but not enough for something like this.

She went up to the receptionist and said, "I-I'm here to sign up for the t-tournament."

The receptionist nodded.  "Which section would you like to enter."

Fluttershy gulped.  "Th-the normal section."

"Sign here, please."

Fluttershy complied.  She cautiously made her way to a table by herself, but not before waving at her friends, Twilight and Applejack.  She was glad they were here, but not herself.

"Applejack..." Twilight paused, before giving a heavy sigh; she knew that once Applejack got like this, there was no convincing her otherwise. "...So. Copper Strikes. You got here before us, which means you must've been around already. Any other interesting contestants that you've seen, thus far?"

-------

Temperance had still been at the snack table playing around with her flames, when she caught Fluttershy passing by some distance away from her. The flames disappeared, as she looked over in flat interest. She didn't approach.

"So that's... "kindness." " She looked over at the mare, at least a head higher than her, and the dismissive stare intensified. "...I'm not impressed."

@@Fractured

Copper shrugged, since he didn't really pay any attention to the other contestants in the area.  But he did remember a certain pony who had said she'd remove him if he had learned of her secret.  He said as he looked at the mare in question.  "I do know somepony who I had saw bringing a staff into the mix over at the sign-up table.  She's right there."  He pointed to the mare, then waved at her, to make it look like he wanted to be friendly.

Shadow walked through the crowd as he occasionally took a gulp of his drink, and debating whether or not to use his scythe or his sword. As he passed the snack stand, he grabbed a piece of jerky and tossed it into his mouth.

Dark position his sword on his back so it wouldn't bump into anyone.

Over at the table, Temperance caught sight of the stallion Copper Strikes waving at her, and waved back. The condescending tone couldn't be missed. Twilight certainly caught it, as she raised a single eyebrow at the filly's actions. Not to mention the fact that there was a filly in the competition, anyways. But she kept silent. She'd seen more than enough to know that appearances weren't anything to go by. And thinking otherwise could be dangerous.

"Well... that's certainly interesting." She tilted her head slightly, then returned to looking at Copper Strikes. "Glad to know we have competitors of all shapes and sizes, here."

-------

@reader8363

As Temperance finished waving at the stallion, another one passed by her. She watched as he casually popped a piece of jerky into his mouth, and waited until he finished before deciding to speak to him. "You should really try the pastries! They're delicious!" Her tone was bright and chipper, just like her smile. But under the surface, there seemed to be something surging. An overwhelming tone of superiority, and condescension...

@@Fractured,

Shadow's ears flicked back when he heard someone talking to him. He turned around with an expression between curious, annoyed, lost in thought and hungry. He grabbed a pastry between two of his claws and popped in his mouth. After he was done, he said as he wiped his claw on his scales, 

"They're okay, I wouldn't go far to say that I think they are delicious."

@@Fractured

Applejack also caught the condescending tone, and raised her eyebrow.  She was surprised at the tone given to them, and no doubt she had to keep an eye on her.

Copper, however, didn't seem to mind much, saying, "Yeah.  I bet she's nice when you get to know her, and that would be useful in the team matches."  He looked over to see Fluttershy waving at them.  "Who's the yellow mare with the pink curly mane?"

Applejack looked over.  "That's Fluttershy.  She's the kindest pony you'd ever meet.  Wait a minute, why is she here?"

• 2 weeks later...

@reader8363

"Eh, guess it can't be helped. More for me!" In a literal fraction of a second, the pastries on the plates had disappeared, the plates scrubbed clean as if they had never been touched. Temperance blew out a slow whistle. "I'm really going to have to ask how those are made, you know? I mean, I can't exactly cook myself, but for these, i'm willing to learn..."

--------

"Considering all of the possible circumstances and events that could lead up to this occasion... probably lost a bet or something." She looked over at Fluttershy, then back to Applejack. "One of us should go over there. See if she's alright." And kill Rainbow Dash, Twilight thought in the back of her head. Because who else...

@@Fractured,

Shadow shrugged his shoulders and said as he reached from some jerky,

"Ya do know that eating that much pastries isn''t good from a pony's body."

He took a piece and started tearing it as he put the others in a portal. After he was done, he took a small quick bow, and said, 

"Name's Shadow Beast."

@@Fractured

Applejack shook her head, thinking the same thing as Twilight was.  "As soon as we see Dash, we're gonna have a talk with her."

Copper raised an eyebrow.  "What makes you both think she led Fluttershy here?"

Applejack turned to Copper.  "I didn't tell you this, but Fluttershy is too afraid of things like this.  And it's something Rainbow Dash, who is the fastest flier in all of Equestria, by the way, would do.  I'll go talk to her."

She then trotted over to talk to Fluttershy.

---------

And speaking of Rainbow Dash, the cyan pegasus was also entering the tournament.  She approached the sign-up table and said, "I'm here to partake in this little tourney, and I know I'm gonna win the normal section!"

The receptionist raised an eyebrow at the pegasus, saying, "Heh, can you walk the walk to back it up?"

Rainbow's smile was even wider.  "Are you kidding?!  I KNOW I can beat them all!"

"Then sign here to enter the tournament." the receptionist said, sliding the normal section sign-up sheet.  Rainbow complied, then trotted over to the snack bar to get something to eat.

Copper looked over to see the rainbow maned pegasus head for the snack bar.  "That must be her, Twilight.  From what I heard, she thinks she can beat everyone.  She may have jinxed herself."

@reader8363

Temperance looked over at "Shadow Beast" with light annoyance, but also with light interest; the name at least seemed to foretell that he might be something entertaining. "I'm not most ponies. Definetely not most ponies. And the name's Temperance." From the side, she looked him up and down. "So... Shadow Beast. Why the name?"

----------

Twilight shot a casual glance over at Rainbow Dash, more than used to her friends antics by now. "Oh, Rainbow Dash? Yeah..." She gave a half-hearted, dismssive shrug. "Don't mind her. Just like Applejack, she means well most of the time. Just catch her outside of a competitive light, and you to would probably be the best of friends." She sighed, muttering under her breath. "This is not the place for that, though..."

@@Fractured,

Shadow stood up to his full height and said,

"I'm a dragon pony hybrid, My dad wanted Shadow and my mom wanted Beast, since I was a pony with scales and dragon claws, eyes, and wings. It a pleasure to meet ya Temperance, and I didn't mean any disrespect on what I said." 

He reached into his portal and giant blade and started checking it blade with his metal claw