Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm planning on buying a Donkey Kong vs Mario arcade game. (the 1980's version)

RainbowDashie

I've never played an Arcade machine like that before, so I have little to offer.

But I'm pretty sure this goes in Media Discussion, since it fits into the category of Video Games.

I've never played an Arcade machine like that before, so I have little to offer.

But I'm pretty sure this goes in Media Discussion, since it fits into the category of Video Games.

yes probably i wasn't sure where to post it.

You mean Donkey Kong? Because the name Mario (at least the one we know and love) didn't exist until Mario Bros.

I only know of one place to buy arcade/pinball machines and that's Pinballz-and it's in Austin, Texas but I think they have a shipping option, but that'll cost you (arcade machines are heavy, you know). I suppose eBay may work too, I've seen those pop up from time to time, but the same rules apply.

In terms of gameplay, be prepared for lots and lots of frustration. It's nothing like regular series Mario games.

Depending on where you live, there's plenty of distributors around. Cost is a big factor too. Here in PA, there's a place called Jumble Stores, I forget their location, but on their site, Donkey Kong, with a restored cabinet, is $1,899. You can visit them here.

It was already said it'll cost a lot for shipping. Even if you pick it up, you'll want a pickup truck or better yet, a box truck. These will cost you depending on distance traveled, since they usually charge by the mile. So, in the end, it may well cost you a few thousand dollars to get one home.

But it is a very nice addition to any arcade collection, and the game is incredibly fun. You should try it on MAME first to see if its for you.