Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Animate pony models in Unity?

Time Shield

For a project I'm working on, I need to know if anyone can help me animate some pony models I've imported into Unity.  The models didn't have any animations with them, and my own attempts at animating them have turned out to be quite terrible.  Unity's animation system is mostly based on keyframes (like I'm sure most 3D animation systems are), so if someone can help me figure those out, I'll be able to get past this stumbling block.

There's three animations/poses I need to figure out:

1. Trotting
  2. Galloping
  3. Sitting (non-animated)

Granted, they don't have to be perfect animations, but anything is better than what I was able to come up with on my own.  If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate the help.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The references were actually quite useful, and I feel like I started to make some progress with them.  However, when I try to animate in Unity, I keep running into an issue where the animations won't go between the keyframes properly.  For example, if the rotation goes from 10 to -10, it thinks I'm going from 10 to 350 and goes around the long way.  The end result is some weirdly twirling limbs.   :blink:

• 1 month later...